Dupe for Cranberry?

cocomia

Hi,

I'm looking for a dupe of MAC's Cranberry eyeshadow. It's not available here anymore (neither is Woodwinked!
ssad.gif
) I think it's such a pretty color, but the makeup artists at my MAC counter don't know when it will arrive or if it ever will (one even suggested that it's an LE color and that it came with a collection from years ago!).

So now I'm just looking for a possible dupe of the color from other brands or by mixing some colors together. Any ideas? Thanks so much.

TangoMT

Cranberry was repromoted in the 2007 Moonbathe collection in the L/E white packaging, maybe that's what your MA was talking about?
th_dunno.gif
The shade itself as far as I know is permanent.

As far as dupes, the first thing that comes to mind is either Urban Decay Gash or NYX Rust, in the pot the shades are identical. HTH!

MACLovin

I think Plum Dressing is pretty similar. It looks more purple in the pot than cranberry does, but they're really not drastically different once they're on the eyes. It's like a plummy red..

Also, Almay has these shadow trios for different eye colors... in the "Play up the Greens" compact there's a shade that's almost identical to Cranberry.
greengrin.gif

TISH1124

I am not sure where you are from...maybe you can get a CP if it If it is not available where you are...it is Perm in the US ...

cocomia

Hi all, thanks for replying so fast! I did see in the website that it's part of the permanent collection, so I was surprised when they said it's LE.

I don't have a CCO nearby. I'm from the Philippines and there are only two MAC counters here. As far as I know, they are the only ones that sell MAC cosmetics here. I'll definitely try to order online as it seems to be my only choice, I'm only worried that the tax I will have to pay will cost me an arm and a leg
smiles.gif

And for those who gave dupe suggestions, thank you so much and I'll definitely check them out! I saw an eyeshadow pan earlier today in Kryolan that's named Cherry, they seemed to be similar in the pan. I might end up getting that.
smiles.gif

susannef

Woah why are cranberry and woodwinked not available? Both are perm colors (and gorgeous ones at that).

cocomia

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannef
Woah why are cranberry and woodwinked not available? Both are perm colors (and gorgeous ones at that).

I don't know. They seem to be favorites around here.
ssad.gif

chickatthegym

I had Cranberry from the Moonbathe collection and just bought the NYX trio with Rust in it... So I thought I would swatch them both so people can see how close they are. They are identical in the pan and also very close once applied. The NYX is a bit more pigmented actually. The MAC cranberry is more sheer. Other than that, they are VERY similar.

The thing I have found with all of the NYX shadows I've tried so far, is that you REALLY need a primer with them. It makes them last much longer... They blend well and the colors are beautiful. I still think that MAC is better (if you can afford it). But NYX shadows are really pretty and better if you're on a budget
smiles.gif

Here are the swatches of NYX Rust color (left) and the MAC Cranberry (right):

RustCranberry.jpg

RustCran1.jpg

Latest posts