Thread: Making short hair lay down....

Making short hair lay down....

Hey ladies,
    Especially with those with AA hair. I am loving my new short hair cut, the only real problem I have in that the hair on the very back of my head near the nape of the neck sticks out. I have tried gel & I wrap it every night. But, it still just wants to be stubborn & it won't lay down. I just got a relaxer & trim, so I know that's not the problem. Any suggestions?

Re: Making short hair lay down....

Have you tried a very strong hold pomade? For what you need, that might work better than a gel.

Please consider supporting Specktra with a membership subscription!
    Forum questions? Please contact a Specktra mod/admin.

I put a bit of gel on my hair while it is wet and before I wrap it, then briush it down in the way I wear it...I swear by Dudley's conditioning gel it leaves it soft and it lays down nicely

Thanks ladies, I actually combined both suggestions & had good results! I wet down just the part that was being stubborn & then added some really strong extra strength gel & then smoothed it down with the back of my comb. It worked really well! I still need to invest in a really good strong pomade though.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nyla2120
    Hey ladies,
    Especially with those with AA hair. I am loving my new short hair cut, the only real problem I have in that the hair on the very back of my head near the nape of the neck sticks out. I have tried gel & I wrap it every night. But, it still just wants to be stubborn & it won't lay down. I just got a relaxer & trim, so I know that's not the problem. Any suggestions?

I had a cowlick when I cut my hair.. the only thing that worked was RUB HER by TIgi.. it is literally like rubber.. lol

you should try a pomade that AA men use to get waves i use dax, just use a little though or i do exact what tish said with either gel or a little wrapping foam, love the cut!!!
    nc50, brown eyes, jet black hair, certified makeup junkie

kashantimakeupbag.wordpress.com

http://twitter.com/k_ashanti

http://instagram.com/k_ashanti