your most hated mac e/s?

nursie

not to be confused with the more nicely titled 'most overhyped e/s'....
i mean which one just looks like pure sh!t when it landed on your eyelid?
angry.gif

for me, texture. i LOVE neutrals browns golds etc.
so i SHOULD like texture...but i applied it the other day to wear alone, and
it's just such an orangey light brown yuk on me. and texture is actually what made me think to start this thread (and because i am generally a glass half empty type person, negative nellie
smiles.gif
)

i hate you texture! (but it's still in my stash just because, in case, you never know. i want it to change and be fabulous one day!)

rt66chix

Texture is a really good crease priming color when blended in with a 224 brush. Try it. Love it.
My most hated shadow is beauty marked. It looks NOTHING like what's in the container when its on the lid. Rant over.

claralikesguts

newly minted. you put it on, try blending... disappears. if you put it on a sticky base, it doesn't budge. and i have no fucking idea what to pair it with... it just sits in my m/u drawer. i wish i didn't buy it
ssad.gif

slipnslide

I agree with Beauty Marked. Sketch is the same for me- I have to do so much work to make Sketch look good on me. For me, Sketch is a cool wine color that makes it look like I'm auditioning for the part of a zombie. The consistency of Gleam is hilarious. It should be so pretty, but it's tough because of its texture.

GlamQueen21

Bitter is the one that I don't like. I did a St. Patrick's Day look with it and I had to pack it on so that color will show. I thought Bitter was going to be pigmented that I expected to be but I was wrong.

HeatherLouWho

French Cuff. It blends to nothingness, chunky consistency, poor color payoff. I thought it would grow on me. It hasn't.

VintageAqua

Idol eyes because I hate the blue reflect and consistency and Trax because it doesn't show up on me! I want to love it but it just turns grey and muddy on my complexion.

Skin*Deep

cosmic. it looks yellow on me. and not a cool yellow, a dingy jaundice yellow. but I keep it because it is in a pretty white container I think from the moonbeam collection.

SakurasamaLover

My most hated shadow is beauty marked. It looks NOTHING like what's in the container when its on the lid. Rant over.[/quote]
To get it as it look in the pan try a good sponge applicator to pack it on, works great for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Bitter is the one that I don't like. I did a St. Patrick's Day look with it and I had to pack it on so that color will show. I thought Bitter was going to be pigmented that I expected to be but I was wrong.

I use it with Pharaoh paint pot and
heart.gif

As far as eyeshadow that I hate.. Playfull, that one is always too cheer for my taste.

tremorviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursie
not to be confused with the more nicely titled 'most overhyped e/s'....
i mean which one just looks like pure sh!t when it landed on your eyelid?
angry.gif

for me, texture. i LOVE neutrals browns golds etc.
so i SHOULD like texture...but i applied it the other day to wear alone, and
it's just such an orangey light brown yuk on me. and texture is actually what made me think to start this thread (and because i am generally a glass half empty type person, negative nellie
smiles.gif
)

i hate you texture! (but it's still in my stash just because, in case, you never know. i want it to change and be fabulous one day!)

Awww, Texture is one of my favorites, I use it almost everyday. It looks really neutral on me (very fair redhead) when a lot of browns look too ashy and harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claralikesguts
newly minted. you put it on, try blending... disappears. if you put it on a sticky base, it doesn't budge. and i have no fucking idea what to pair it with... it just sits in my m/u drawer. i wish i didn't buy it
ssad.gif

My pick too. I was hoping it would blend well with greens but it just sits and looks way too blue on me. I should've returned it; it's the only shadow I have that I actively dislike.

koukla032487

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
Trax. I hate it, worst ever.

I know, Trax is possibly the worst mac e/s EVER. I could find a cheap covergirl shadow that is 100x better than that thing. MAC needs to discontinue it to save the sanity of other makeup shoppers that might accidently pick it up

HustleRose

idol eyes - chunky crap!
pink venus - oh why did i buy this?
beauty marked - i have absolutely no desire to ever use this color..

ritchieramone

My least favourite is Newly Minted. I can't get much colour payoff from it, it won't blend and the colour looks terrible on me. I tried to sell it once I realised this but no-one wanted it, which says it all!

I'm surprised that Bitter has been mentioned; until Eyepopping came out and bettered it, it was one of my most-worn shades. It's really vibrant with Bare Canvas as a base. I also
bigheart.gif
Trax as an e/s and as a liner. I usually wear it blended out into Playful, Da Bling or some other similar pink and lined with the pinkish pearlglide liner (forgtten the name, sorry). It's great with blue eyes.

nursie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustleRose
idol eyes - chunky crap!
pink venus - oh why did i buy this?
beauty marked - i have absolutely no desire to ever use this color..

oh my, i had forgotten about this one because it has been shoved in the back of my stash for so long. it looks HORRIBLE on me. i keep it because it's barbie and for no other reason, silly really! it is yuk

Sabrunka

PASSIONATE!! GROSS, so NOT passionate at all! I hate this colour, it made me look like I was sick! And for some people I've seen wearing it, they also look sick! Blah.. Red shadows need to usually be more burgundy in colour, so not a TRUE red, otherwise they look ... Err...

Latest posts