How to Read the Batch Code on the Label of Your MAC Product

Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbabyblue
Hm, I thought my F&B was a orange for what it should be. It says AB8, so I guess it was made last year?
Rather annoyed because I brought it from the F&F sale and got it forwarded to Australia and it would cost me way too much for shipping to return for a refund. Grr!

It was made in November of 2008, i don't fully understand your post, but I'm assuming you think it may be bad? If it was sealed until you opened it, it should be fine.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMM3RxBABii
thanks ladies!

But I only have 1 question..how come some of my labels have a C in the 2nd character?

Look at the 2nd post in this thread...C as the 2nd charcter means December.

SuzyLily

Oh wow, I had no idea! This is so helpful!
greengrin.gif
Thank you so much
smiles.gif

yessisbfc

Guys... can someone please answer this... Is a pigment with the batch code F11 genuine? Can 'F' really occur? Thank you!!

liibyz

Thanks dolls! I just have a question, I recently had someone cp me a mac blush from macys & it says A48 (first batch, april 2008) isn't that alittle old for a cream blush?

kayley123

I have two Llama eyeshadows, one has batch code AC6 (First Run, December 2006) but the other as batch code A33 (First Run, March 2003?)

Shouldn't the 2006 one be a 2nd or 3rd run? The First Run wouldn't go from 2003 to 2006, would it?

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by liibyz
Thanks dolls! I just have a question, I recently had someone cp me a mac blush from macys & it says A48 (first batch, april 2008) isn't that alittle old for a cream blush?

I think that would be just a matter of personal preference b/c to me, if it doesn't smell or look funky, I'd still use it. Chances are though that if it IS old, it'll start getting icky fast but you'll know for sure if it's bad when you open it. 2008 does sound a little old for a cream blush but there are all sorts of factors such as temperature and storage. I'd just go ahead and use it if it doesn't smell or look runny and go from there. HTH!!
yes.gif

StarrySim

Does this apply to Bobbi Brown items? I just got a Shimmerbrick in a swap, it's B83, and the label looks very different than my new shimmerbrick that I bought this past summer. The swapper claims she bought it at Nordstroms last year.

adruci

[quote name="StarrySim" url="/forum/thread/138319/how-to-read-the-batch-code-on-the-label-of-your-mac-product/30#post_2037612"]Does this apply to Bobbi Brown items? I just got a Shimmerbrick in a swap, it's B83, and the label looks very different than my new shimmerbrick that I bought this past summer. The swapper claims she bought it at Nordstroms last year.[/quote] I think it would be very similar. I had the opportunity to visit the MAC plant in Melville a few years ago..... Well actually it was an Estee Lauder plant and they produced Bobby Brown, Clinique, MAC, basically anything under the Lauder umbrella. It would only make sence from a logistical perspective that it would be th same system for batch codes.

funnel1

The "O" does exist but it has to be on the last number meaning for example: B50, the 0 on the end would represent 2010. I just watched a you tube video where a lady told people the 0 didn't exist and if it had one it was a fake. Not true!

Just wanted to clarify for people because they seem to take everything they read on here so seriously these days and are even posting negative feedback and comments to people on ebay and amazon when the items are NOT fake.

Latest posts