Best Permanent Red Hair Dye

gildedangel

What do you all think the best red permanent hair dye is? Please include brand and colors if you can! I have been using Natural Instincts in Rosewood and I haven't been terribly happy with it. It tints my hair red (my natural hair color is dark brown), but it only shows up bright in the sun. I want an obnoxiously bright dark red color and I am ready to try permanent hair dye. Any recommendations? Thanks!

gildedangel

Sadly I do not have access to a Sally's and I don't have the training to do that type of dye. The problem with Garnier is that they don't have a dark bright red, they only have a light bright red. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
what color red are you wanting?

I am looking for a medium to dark bright red. No red-browns, just red. Bright and obnoxious is prefered, but not required. I want something like Natural Insticts Maylasian Cherry or brighter in permanent hair dye form.

NeonKitten

wella's reds are amazing! they last forever but i think you have to go somewhere like vidal sassoon to get their colors

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
I am looking for a medium to dark bright red. No red-browns, just red. Bright and obnoxious is prefered, but not required. I want something like Natural Insticts Maylasian Cherry or brighter in permanent hair dye form.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...up/FOTDs/9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...p/07c0abb4.jpg

Like that?

Mine's not red brown, it's RED. Fire engine flaming bright stop light oh my god did you see her hair RED.
If you're looking for something like that, Garnier Nutrisse Hot Tamale.

lovekrumpet

I will definitely be taking that recommendation in the future, Shimmer. I'm always on the look out for that sort of red. =)

gildedangel

kathyp

Garnier's reds are RED. I sort of wish I hadn't colored my hair this weekend, or I'd be checking them out, too. (Willing my hair to grow out.)

I can't seem to find it in anymore, but years ago Clairol's Herbal Essences (not Natural Instincts) made my brown hair a true, bright red with no orange or burgundy tones. Granted, I also put Manic Panic's Pillarbox Red over the top. (Oh the memories of waking up to stained pillowcases.)

purrtykitty

Garnier has great reds. No. 660 is a great intense Red-auburn. Try the 100% line - those are no-shit intense colors.

Candy Christ

Not sure about their red choices but L'Oreal Superior Prefrence is amazing. The only dye that hasn't faded/washed out, lasts almost or exactly two months for me. I've heard red is a color that's hard to maintain, what shampoo do you use?

Babylard

i use dikson meches impulse colour in rosso red (fuscia red) but i dont know how easy it is to find. i get it from a salon supplier and i mix it 1 part dye 2 parts peroxide 30 volume. like shimmer, its a ridiculous bright shade of red when its fresh and then it fades to a lovely dark red. i had dark dark brown almost black hair with lighter streaks. so it depends on what your hair is now and if u are going to bleach or not.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...DSC00026-1.jpg
not freshly dyed

revinn

I've been usually Perfect 10 in Ginger in a Snap. I love the color, but it does fade quite quickly.

Latest posts