Best Permanent Red Hair Dye

hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Christ
Not sure about their red choices but L'Oreal Superior Prefrence is amazing. The only dye that hasn't faded/washed out, lasts almost or exactly two months for me. I've heard red is a color that's hard to maintain, what shampoo do you use?

I've always heard a sulfate-free shampoo is the way to go.

I have a really hard time getting red to last more than a few days before major fading, so I just ordered some nice shampoo and am going to redye and see exactly how well that holds true. Either way, sulfate-free is just a lot nicer on your hair!

kathyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
I have been using Natural Instincts in Rosewood and I haven't been terribly happy with it. It tints my hair red (my natural hair color is dark brown), but it only shows up bright in the sun.

Going back to Natural Instincts for a moment, I've used shades in the warm/golden family in the past, Pecan to be exact, and got a nice, deep auburn.

Reading some of the MUA reviews, a lot of people aren't too happy with how red some of the shades come out, especially the darker ones, but I like red hair on me, so I was okay with it.

Has anyone with dark hair used Spiced Tea or Cinnaberry? I'm sitting on a box of Cinnaberry at the moment, but wonder if Spiced Tea would be a better shade.

MizzVivaGlam

L'Oreal - Excellence - L'Oreal Excellence HiColor Red

Don't be afraid of mixing your own dye! This stuff is the best, esp if u have dark brown hair! All you need to do is buy a dye bottle, the color, a bottle of developer-20v lifts 2 shades(most store kits give u this which is why alot of girls get brassy)30v lifts 3 shades ect...you should use l'oreals oreor developer with this dye, and then I always purchase a packette of deep conditioner to use afterwards just like the drugstore kits give you. I don't have red hair but I use this brands beige dark blonde shade and I love it.

ikillz0mbs

Best hair dye ever is: Féria by L'Oréal,
I use the Ruby Rush color and never in my life have I been complemented so much on my hair! I have had professional salon stylists tell me I have THE BEST hair and color they have seen and I do it in my kitchen sink for around 12$ if I can get my dye on sale. I have naturally light brown hair but the cool thing about this dye was it dyed right over light black hair! I seriously recommend this brand of dye to anybody who wants sexy bright red hair!

jamieleighh

What is the best thing to choose for BRIGHT red hair. Im trying to get a bright red and blacken the underneath, but I dont want to have to experiment to much.

cjus2473

go to justforredheads.com...they have the best products if you are a redhead...i mix two of the hennas together and it leaves my hair fantastic and i get compliments on how natural it looks - cause it is from a natural product

sophiageorgina

Best Red Hair Dye. L'Oreal Paris - Feria P76 pure spice power.

http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hair-colour/all-over-color/feria/p76-pure-spice-power.aspx

cappuccino

Could anyone recommend a dye that will achieve this colour? Obviously it's a red/combination of reds from the Majirouge range, so if anyone could pin point the exact colours, that would be great!

lovelydisarray

I noticed that Garnier Nutrisse has been mentioned a few times, but if you are looking for a bright red, you need to make sure you buy the Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Colors (they are labeled as being made for dark hair). I believe they have three different shades. I use R3 which is the brightest. It HONESTLY barely fades. The only reason I need to dye my hair again is because my roots start to show. I love this color!!

Link to the color:
http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/o...ER&prdcode=P53201&varcode=603084223572&back=1

Pic of the color on me for reference:

Hope that helped!
heart.gif

lovelydisarray

The same brand I suggested for the original post, but a different shade. Hope that helps!!

http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/our_products/shades-haircolor.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS^PRD_HAIRCOLOR^NUTRISSE_ULTRA_COLOR^NUTRISSE_ULTRA_COLOR_DISCOVER&prdcode=P53201&varcode=603084223572&back=1

Could anyone recommend a dye that will achieve this colour? Obviously it's a red/combination of reds from the Majirouge range, so if anyone could pin point the exact colours, that would be great!

leelopp

i have had that colour hair before i used swarsqoff live colour (i think thats how u spell it) they sell it in superdrug :)

amanderson2000

The best red I have ever had was number 047 Disco Infreno buy Clairol/Herbal Essences, however it was discontinued and I cannot find any red to match it. :(

BenKelsson

Hey! I may be male, but I can sure tell something about auburn hair color. For most of my life I was natural auburn hair colored. Well, I'm 42 now and I'm shaving my head; You already know why. But on the other hand - I loooooove auburn hair color - my wife "wears" it. She was actually artificial blonde for more than 20 years, but she decided to change that few months ago. I can tell auburn red hair changed many things. I wouldn't wanna name all of them, but there are significant changes
eyelove.gif

I hope this won't be considered spam or anything like that, but there's a nice website right about auburn hair color I'd recommend to any woman:
http://www.squidoo.com/auburnhaircolor
Bottom line: girls, use auburn hair color - it shows passion and joy!

Latest posts