What fits where? Palettes and de-potting?

justjaimelyn

I've searched the forums looking for an answer to this question. I've heard that the NYX trios fit into the MAC palettes once depotted? Is this true and what other DS brand shadows fit? I've never seen a MAC e/s upclose to compare size so I have no clue.
th_dunno.gif

Also, with the Loreal HIP duos, I've heard they fit into the Japonesque palettes, is this true? I've got makeup overflowing and I need to condense it down into palettes if possible.

sofie1507

well today i put my lancome eyeshadows in the pallete, they JUST fitted in there. with the mac e/s they leave about 1mm gap or so, but the lancome ones were just a nice tight fit. also i have put my urban decay e/s in the pallete they were the exact same size as the mac. ALSOOOO... lol i dropped my 28 neutral palette from coastal scent and i depotted the shadows and put them in mac paletts.mind u, be careful as those shadows are very soft and break very easily.

as far as NYX goes, im sorry i dont know about that as they dont sell any in the uk

masaabza

NYX trio shadows fit perfectly into MAC palettes. Also, L'Oreal HIP Duos fit perfectly into Japonesque palettes. There are a few videos on these on youtube. Check them out.

justjaimelyn

Thank you so much ladies. This is such good news. After my Japonesque palette gets here I'll be ready to start depotting.

justjaimelyn

Thank you, I didn't know about Jane cosmetics. They are on closeout at my local Walgreens, but there is very little left. I wonder if they are being discontinued or just not being sold at Walgreens?

gildedangel

I have always gotten mine at walgreens. My favorites are brownie points (matte dark brown) and hip bone (matte white). I don't know anything about them being discontinued or not being sold at walgreens anymore, perhaps there was a packaging change? I have found them at Ulta too.

Mochahantas

Weird question, I hope someone can help.

I bought two, 4 slot MAC palettes. I plan to remove the divider and put my Hip DUOS in there. How many do you think will fit per palette (w/o the divider)?

ms. kendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjaimelyn
Thank you, I didn't know about Jane cosmetics. They are on closeout at my local Walgreens, but there is very little left. I wonder if they are being discontinued or just not being sold at Walgreens?

I noticed this too at my local Walgreens. There was practically nothing left.

goddessella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochahantas
Weird question, I hope someone can help.

I bought two, 4 slot MAC palettes. I plan to remove the divider and put my Hip DUOS in there. How many do you think will fit per palette (w/o the divider)?

i cant remember where i saw it, either here or at youtube, but if you remove the divider, you'd just be able to fit 5

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjaimelyn
Personelle is a brand I've never heard of. Where can you buy it?

In a drugstore here in Quebec's province, called Jean Coutu
yes.gif

Willa

It's ok
winks.gif

You're not missing a lot
It's not very well pigmented but for somebody starting with makeup it's alright

Latest posts