Why the HELL has this nail polish stained my nails??????????

Hikaru-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofie1507
the one i have is called vitamin boots basecoat....should be called bruise boost basecoat!!

Do you mean A&E? Thats a protein and vitamin treatment but it's not specifically targeted to staining.

sofie1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan
Do you mean A&E? Thats a protein and vitamin treatment but it's not specifically targeted to staining.

im not sure tbh, thats all it says.anyway il have a look for the one that u mentioned earlier next time im shopping
smiles.gif

Almost black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdemers1221
i read online that if you wear nail polish on your finger nails pretty often it can cause your nails to turn yellow because they need oxygen to keep their white color. lemon juice should help remove the tint, and wearing a base coat should help as well. dark color polishes are known for causing stains. hope that helps. you can google information about it as well.

thmbup.gif

Turning to yellow is mostly connected to dark color polishes (at least I have this experience) and that's why I always use some nude color polish as a base and I never had any problems with those stains.
yes.gif

ashleydenise

Nail Staining.

So, I've really gotten into nail polish lately and usually wear darker colors with a bright (usually green) on the ring finger. I've used Nail Tek and MAC Underlacquer as a base coat and I still have awful staining on my ring finger. Does anyone know of a better base coat that won't leave my nail stained or is there a way to remove the stain?
Thanks!

AllisonWeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdemers1221
i read online that if you wear nail polish on your finger nails pretty often it can cause your nails to turn yellow because they need oxygen to keep their white color. lemon juice should help remove the tint, and wearing a base coat should help as well. dark color polishes are known for causing stains. hope that helps. you can google information about it as well.

I don't think this is true because I keep clear nail polish on my finger nails at all times (excepting once a week when I remove it all and start all over), and my nails are never yellow. The nail polish will start to yellow, but when I remove it my nails are still white.
I definitely agree about the dark polish causing stains! That's always been my experience, and it sucks.
ssad.gif
Even with a base coat, if I leave the polish on for too long I have trouble.

Latest posts