Becoming a MAC employee. Freelance?

glorie

I recently went to the counter for an application.
I have my own makeup business but I want to start a job with MAC. I was talking to the artist doing my makeup and I showed her some of my work (on my digi cam). She was impressed and then went to talk to her manager. The manager asked me to take an application and apply for "freelance" since they didnt have any openings at the time. Something about coming to the events and ect.

What does doing freelance for MAC entail?

Here's something from my portfolio.

IMG_1396-1.jpg

GirLie

Freelancers come in to help with events or as needed. They don't receive any benefits as a regular employee would get but the pay is better. You would also get to choose if you want to work or not (when they call).

Demosthenes

I really like your work! You don't get the 60% off or gratis the way the regular MAC artists do, but you can get 40% off with the PPID card and on the days you do work for them, you get the 60% off if I remember correctly (one of the MA's spoke to me about this also).

GirLie

they are not especially hard. they just want to make sure you can speak properly and do make up.

ms.marymac

If you are familiar with their products, tell your model what you using and why, treat them like a customer. You will most likely be told to do a daytime look and then transform it into an evening one.

glorie

i am a promotional model. we promote different companies when they tour the US promoting their products. we show the consumer why they need it, what it does, ect.
ive worked backstage at fashion shows w/makeup and wardrobe modification. i've done theatrical makeup. um...ive done a whole wedding party.

do you think thats enough ?

pinklady

i applied with mac cosmetics and did my interview and they called me back for the second interview that was my demo about two weeks ago it went great. and today they called and and told me they wanted me to do freelance work for them they said i they would call me beginning of january to process my paper work. thay do not have any openings at the counters right now. my question is can i still get a counter job if a do freelance work or is that all they would offer me? thanks,pinklady

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes
I really like your work! You don't get the 60% off or gratis the way the regular MAC artists do, but you can get 40% off with the PPID card and on the days you do work for them, you get the 60% off if I remember correctly (one of the MA's spoke to me about this also).

This is incorrect. You only get the 60% if you are a permanent employee, because when they ring you up its w/ your staff card and if you don't have one you don't get it.

Specially if you work at a counter, you can't go to the store and tell them you worked that day to get the discount or anything like that.

Even when I was perm, I wasnt allowed to shop until I got my card. And we turn away permanent employees that don't bring their card with them.

But you can apply for the PPID and get a 40%
smiles.gif

Latest posts