R U in between NC45 & 50 like me?????

AdrianUT

Count me in as an NC47. Seems like some NC45's are lighter than others but, all NC50's are too dark/orange on me. The studio stick foundation NC45 is the best match but the formula slips and slides. MUFE F&B in #18 is a spot on match as is C7 (studio fix powder). Matte velvet in 70 is "ok" on me but, none of the HD shades seem to match me 175 is way too red for me and 173 is too beigey.

Laura Mercier's darker colors seem to be too reddish on me but, not as red as NW's.

I might have to go take a peep at Prescriptives to see if they are yellow enough sounds promising though.

mebabygirl86

Yeah that's my life story too.dats why I use revlons colorstay foundation in caramel.its perfect.my studio fix in nc50 it way orangey but the select spf is a closer match.I say NC 47s unite,lol

macgirl3121

Looks like I should probably join the club. Way back in the day when I first got StudioFix I was matched to C7. Everytime I try out a new foundation I'm given NW45.

I find that this starts to look a bit orange (depending on the foundation) and I have yellow/golden undertones. I was matched to a NC 55 (NC 50) in Studio Sculpt, which kinda works, seems slightly too dark, NC 45 would have been way too light.

I recently discovered MUFE Mat Velvet. I wear #70. I love this stuff. My mac foundations, most don't match anyway, have been pushed to the side.

makeuplover7239

I definitely fall into this category. I can only use NC50 in Mineralize Satinfinish to match my skintone. If I use any other MAC foundations, NC45 is too light and NC50 is too orangey. I hate the entire mixing of foundations game, so I decided to hunt for a better foundation.

I tried Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Walnut. I liked it but after it oxidizes, it tends to look a lil bit pinker than my skintone. MUFE's Face and Body in #12 looked right but with more brown undertones (didnt want to look bronzed, cos I already have that anyway).

So finally I got matched with Bobbi Brown. And it couldnt be better! It suits my golden undertone skin and looks like the better version of my skin! I got the Skin foundation in Warm Almond (6.5).
So ladies with golden undertones who find it hard to get matched, try Bobbi Brown!

muffy

I live for the nc50 concealer but for some reason the foundation is always too dark for me. i currently use nars jamaica or chanel chestnut foundations.

AdrianUT

Aww... man there IS an NC46 Studio Fix Powder now but, so far its not in the US. It's up on the UK MAC site and I hear its also available in India but, unfortunately I don't know anyone in or near Mumbai or Delhi to send me one and I don't know anyone in the UK at all. :-( I must get my hands on this, time to go harass MAC customer service. They also have and NC 44.5. I wonder if they will also expand the liquids eventually and bring these colors to the US?

rororebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianUT
Aww... man there IS an NC46 Studio Fix Powder now but, so far its not in the US. It's up on the UK MAC site and I hear its also available in India but, unfortunately I don't know anyone in or near Mumbai or Delhi to send me one and I don't know anyone in the UK at all. :-( I must get my hands on this, time to go harass MAC customer service. They also have and NC 44.5. I wonder if they will also expand the liquids eventually and bring these colors to the US?

I picked this up today and I'm sooooooooo ANGRY! It's darker than the NC50! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
nonono.gif

I was so excited to get this and now I'm sooooo angry. I think this will be the last time that I buy MAC foundation, I was put off for a while by Studio Sculpt ( NC55 being lighter than the NC50. NC50 being making me look like a muddy clown face etc..) and now I'm put off for life!
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif

MAHALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianUT
Ugh, I'm sad to hear that. I was hoping to get my hands on it. I guess I'll stick with C7.

Try BECCA. It's expensive but you may like it. Based on the foundations that work for you, I am the same color tone as you. My skin is normal/dry combo. TOBACCO in the Luminizing Skin finish is good and SYRUP in the stick works. SYRUP isn't as yellow toned as BB GOLDEN but it works. If you can find a place to get matched buy your BECCA online at SKINWEST.COM. The prices are about 30% less than retail.

The Luminizing skin finish is a tinted moisturizer which I use all over my face. It doesn't provide much coverage but it evens a little and the finish is pretty. On places that you need more coverage, you use the stick. For me it's my cheeks.

I've tried TOBBACO by itself and that's good for casual wear. And I've tried TOBACCO with the BECCA SYRUP stick. But my favorite combo is TOBACCO all over with BB GOLDEN Smooth Skin foundation on my cheeks.

hth

DigitalRain

Same here. I have to mix NC45/50 to get my match. Which is probably the reason I don't wear my MAC Foundation often. I'd rather just use my Revlon CS or Maybelline Superstay, than go thru the hassle some times.

AmberluvsAutumn

I fall into this category as well ! Nc 45 is almost perfect for me and Nc 50 gives me a great lil tan! I would recommend that you try using a bronzer around the perimeter of your face. I am a make-up artist and worked for MAC at the beginning of my career, and I discovered this method while fooling around and LOVED it! Try mineralize skinfinish powder in deep dark around the perimeter of your face. It should bronze you up nicely.

machonesty

im joining this club! great thread. i also hate mixing foundations, way too time consuming for every day. becca is awesome, but expensive. i guess im mixing till mac gets it together

@ digital rain
dont u have to mix your revlon and maybelline colors? i know i do

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonylady
I am right there with you ladies. NC45 makes me look sick and NC50 makes me look a freakin oompa loompa, so I just gave up on MAC (for foundation). I am not one for mixing foundation everyday. That is too much work, and not to mention too expensive. I also use Prescriptives (Antelope) and I use Clinique's Perfectly Real in #39 and I love the tinted moisturizer by Becca in Tobacco. MAC needs to get it together.

same problem here. This way I just say nc45/nc50 to describe my skintone, also I'm not a huge fan of the formulation of mac foundations I find I get a better match with MUFE and NARS.

califabulous

do you wear mufe face and body? what shade? I am on the hunt to find my perfect shade. then i discovered nc 47...doesn't exist! boooooo lol

califabulous

I've been told (in MAC) I am nw 45, nw 43, nc 50, nc 45, nw 40.....something is wrong here. I will admit I tan very easily but gee wiz. I don't think MAC is for me. I am on that MUFE right now. F&B #18 is too light so I am going to try #12. so far, Chanel Chestnut is my bestie and NARS MACAO is a close 2nd (runs a bit dark tho). IF MUFE doesn't work out I am going to try Bobbi Brown.....

FuniFAce88

I have the same problem, but i have yet to actually give up on MAC. But, recently i have been tempted to give NARS Sheer MAtte a try

I've been told (in MAC) I am nw 45, nw 43, nc 50, nc 45, nw 40.....something is wrong here. I will admit I tan very easily but gee wiz. I don't think MAC is for me. I am on that MUFE right now. F&B #18 is too light so I am going to try #12. so far, Chanel Chestnut is my bestie and NARS MACAO is a close 2nd (runs a bit dark tho). IF MUFE doesn't work out I am going to try Bobbi Brown.....

califabulous

Update!

MAC matchmaster 7.5 is a good match. Finally a color from mac I can wear. I have also found that using a duo fibre brush with nars sheer matte in macao is a great match. I am considering getting cadiz for the center of my face but I don't think I really "need" it. Bobbi Brown was a bit.....I don't know. too golden? I think I was matched to 7 in the oil free foundation...

Latest posts