R U in between NC45 & 50 like me?????

Is anyone else like me and wished MAC came out with an NC47? I'm an NC45/50. I mix 45&50 (in fix fluid) because although 45 is perfect for the center of my face, looks kinda ashy on the perimeter. NC50 looks a little too dark in the center of my face so I just use both. Working at a counter though, its hard to get WOC to understand that they may have 2 wear 2 colors sometimes. I cant but wonder what an NC47 would look like though...probably perfect for me!

Any thoughts?????

mac_addict.gif

JSmart04

OMG! I'm exactly the same. I have to add like one and 1/2 pump NC50 and one pump NC45 studio fix fluid(or something like that lol) to get it just right. MAC needs something in between b/c idk how much more mixing i can take.
ssad.gif

bell21

i'm in the same boat as you. I use NC45 & NC50 in Select SPF. Its a pain mixing them sometimes, especially if I'm running late. I've found MUFE HD foundation in 173 is what NC47 would be (imo) So I switch between that and mixing the MAC foundations depending on what mood I'm in.

TISH1124

Yep I fell in the middle...I went to MUFE ...got so tired of buying two jars of everything...I use 173 HD and in the summer I wear the Face & Body that is light and wonderful and I wear it in #12 in the summer it's a tad bit darker than the 173HD

chocolategoddes

It's weird how there are SOOOO many people who fall into that range between NC45 and NC50. I'd say NC45 is actually a lot lighter (in SFF) than NC50. I wish MAC could have a NC47 or even an NC46.

Yup, I go for MUFE HD in 173. I prefer MUFE HD's color range and texture anyway.

mrslovejoy

I'm in the middle too! I wear C7 studio fix powder, but a NC50 concealer. I use smashbox foundation(Dark D1) and that works pretty well for me.

ThePerfectScore

Yes I am.. especially with the Studio Sculpt foundation... NC 50 looked like I smeared mud on my face... and NC 45 was making me feel a little Michael Jackson-esque i.e. too light!.... so I used Select SPF foundation in NC 50 and use the Select press powder in NC 45... and I look good. The MUA at Nordies told me if I a lot of ppl complain they will probably develop a better color range.... so everyone email!

rororebel

oh my gosh finally! I've been saying this for a while! The MA at Selfdridges spent over an hour mixing NC45 & NC50 Studio Sculpt to get it just right for me.(Did anyone else find NC50 wayyyy too dark?) It makes me wonder why there is a NW47 but no NC!

JoyfulBliss_00

This is the problem i have....But i find NW43 in Studio Fix Fluid to be a great match( it looks alittle light when i first apply it, but 5 mins later it perfect, the same color of my skin) and C8 in Studio Fix powder....I HATE NC 50 soo much..grr.....they always match me with it when i go to MAC, like just because im brown it has to be my shade..I've used NC50 in Studio Tech, my first mac foundation and it was terrible, way too dark like red clay on my face. and NC50 in SFF, makes me look like a chocolate bar

ebonylady

I am right there with you ladies. NC45 makes me look sick and NC50 makes me look a freakin oompa loompa, so I just gave up on MAC (for foundation). I am not one for mixing foundation everyday. That is too much work, and not to mention too expensive. I also use Prescriptives (Antelope) and I use Clinique's Perfectly Real in #39 and I love the tinted moisturizer by Becca in Tobacco. MAC needs to get it together.

F.A.B.

I was once a mixer of NC50 and NC45 now I wear NW43 in SFF. I don't know how MAC does their color charting but NW43 is the color that fits right between NC45 and NC50. If you own all 3 colors like myself, line them up and you'll see. They should have named it NC47, lol.

Try it and let us know. Good luck!

gabi03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonylady
I am right there with you ladies. NC45 makes me look sick and NC50 makes me look a freakin oompa loomp, so I just gave up on MAC (for foundation). I am not one for mixing foundation everyday. That is too much work, and not to mention too expensive. I also use Prescriptives (Antelope) and I use Clinique's Perfectly Real in #39 and I love the tinted moisturizer by Becca in Tobacco. MAC needs to get it together.

Me too, this is really sad. You would think MAC would take notice but i guess if folks are going to keep buying two bottles instead of one, thats more money in their pocket.

I found a liquid foundation from maybelline, its the mineralized liquid stuff in the little bottle. i'm D0 (toffee) works great since i refuse to pay alot for a foundation during the summer months.

JoyfulBliss_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi03
Me too, this is really sad. You would think MAC would take notice but i guess if folks are going to keep buying two bottles instead of one, thats more money in their pocket.

I found a liquid foundation from maybelline, its the mineralized liquid stuff in the little bottle. i'm D0 (toffee) works great since i refuse to pay alot for a foundation during the summer months.

Toffe works for me also..but it does get slighty too dark after my oil attacks....Try NW43 might work for you

budafly_kisz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rororebel
oh my gosh finally! I've been saying this for a while! The MA at Selfdridges spent over an hour mixing NC45 & NC50 Studio Sculpt to get it just right for me.(Did anyone else find NC50 wayyyy too dark?) It makes me wonder why there is a NW47 but no NC!

Yes yes yes!!! I was like this is too dark-and the MA was trying to MAKE it work. I'm not one for mixing foundation at all and some days (summer months) NC50 seems ok alone but other days not so much. I thought it was just me.

I might have to give the MUFE a whirl next.

MAHALO

I'm forced to mix foundations especially in the Summer. I love being outdoors and my skin reacts very quickly to sun exposure. So my skintone deepens and fades many times in the Summer. The mix I use can vary within the same week. Usually I'm between NC45 (Winter) and NW43 (Summer).

Recently, I started wearing Bobbi Brown foundations (Golden or Golden/Warm Almond mix). I really like them.

crystrill

I love how all of us who fall into this range also wear like the same HD color LOL.

NC45 is okay for SOME parts of my face, but a bit too light for the most part. NC50 in fluid/cream is always toooo dark. NC47 where are you? LOL.

I think I wear 175 instead of 173 in MUFE though. Because as I said, NC45 is a bit too light for me, but NC 50 is too dark... where as some of you can wear NC45 in some places.

I have NC 50 and 45 in the Studio Scult and when I mix it, it takes forever. But then again, the MA didnt tell me NC 55 and 50 was switched and I should have gotten 55. I used each like 4 times. I should probably sell it? Blehh.

I AM SO OVER MAC FOUNDATION!

rororebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafly_kisz
Yes yes yes!!! I was like this is too dark-and the MA was trying to MAKE it work. I'm not one for mixing foundation at all and some days (summer months) NC50 seems ok alone but other days not so much. I thought it was just me.

I might have to give the MUFE a whirl next.

Am I right that MAC MA's work on a commission basis? She was *so* eager to get me to buy both!

Shame,we only have one store in the UK that sells MUFE and even they don't stock all the colours. It's too expensive for me to buy a shade that might be wrong because here we can't return make-up if it doesn't suit!
Looks like I'll just have to hold out for NC47!
ssad.gif

marielle78

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_1020
That's one of the reasons I went with Prescriptives. Antelope is lovely

Antelope is about right in the middle of the two. I love it. MUFE #70 and the equivalent shade in face and body are also pretty close to that.

Latest posts