MAC - Style Black Discussion

sleepyhead

i knew i saw it somewhere. it's still showing on temptalia's website that there's a grease paint stick from this collection called black, and the description says intense black. so i guess i wasn't imagining it after all (thought i saw it on specktra too, guess someone corrected it)

Kayraphat

DSQUARED2 COLLECTION GREASEPAINTS

Black True black (LE) DOES THIS ONE HAVE PURPLE TOO? OR IS IT BLACK?
B Bright blue violet (LE)
V Bright yellow blue (LE

STYLE BLACK COLLECTION GREASEPAINT STICKS

Black Intense black (Limited Edition) -- THIS ONE HAS A ''PURPLE'' COLOUR IN SWATCHES.

When Dsquared2 collection's info came there was only two greasepaints: b&v. Now there is ''black'' in both collection: one is intense and one is true, and they are clearly the same thing. I wonder if the Dsquared2 one have purple sheen too?

sleepyhead

see, that's how i got confused too! on specktra both of them are listed as Intense Black - Black base with purple shimmer

since both bunny and erine went to their updates, i tend to trust the specktra info, so we probably won't get a plain black grease paint stick with either collection

LMD84

it does osund confusing but i am pretty sure iti'll be the same grease paint stick too.

and yeah it is random having the same product come out twice within 2 months! but at least it saves me a bit of money!

wizzer3245

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
it does osund confusing but i am pretty sure iti'll be the same grease paint stick too.

and yeah it is random having the same product come out twice within 2 months! but at least it saves me a bit of money!

i hear you sister!!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayraphat
DSQUARED2 COLLECTION GREASEPAINTS

Black True black (LE) DOES THIS ONE HAVE PURPLE TOO? OR IS IT BLACK?
B Bright blue violet (LE)
V Bright yellow blue (LE

STYLE BLACK COLLECTION GREASEPAINT STICKS

Black Intense black (Limited Edition) -- THIS ONE HAS A ''PURPLE'' COLOUR IN SWATCHES.

When Dsquared2 collection's info came there was only two greasepaints: b&v. Now there is ''black'' in both collection: one is intense and one is true, and they are clearly the same thing. I wonder if the Dsquared2 one have purple sheen too?

again, they are the exact same one.

the style black one (being repromoted in dsquared2) is intense black with a slight purple shimmer. v (in dsquared2) is purple. tho they both have purple, one is black with purple, the other is purple.

outinapout

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
oh it will sell alright! its those non-average customers that will eat it up! do you know how many people come in asking for blood-red shadow, black glitter (why oh why is this not coming out with this colletion!?), and other weird colors? those are the ones that this collection is for!

Agreed, for instance I hunted for years for a true red shadow (Anna Sui makes one, FYI). This is a collection is not average consumer stuff. There's an ever-growing, YouTube tutorial watching makeup & beauty diva population out there that MAC is smart to capitalize on.

Plus, makeup companies have been trying to sell us black lips for the past 2 years as an alternative to the classic red lip-Lancome did it last winter. If it's ever going to catch on, it'll be now!

NeonKitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
Does anyone remember the Choc Mattene? or Bing? -- I am wondering if any of these will be dupes for the Night Violet?

i have bing and its really dark but it doesn't look like night violet at all...to be honest i think i like night violet better...seems more wearable

Risser

AWESOME BLACK! I wanna get these nail polishes
drools.gif

macblacknight.jpg

Lipstick in Black Knight

macmattene.jpg

Mattenes in Midnight Media & Night Violet

macglimmerglass.jpg

Glimmerglasses in Bling Black, Blackfire & Blackware

styleblackmineralizeyeshadow.jpg

Mineralize Eye Shadows in Cinderfella, Young Punk & Gilt by Association

Greasepaint.jpg

Grease Paintstick in Intense Black

penultimateeyeliner.jpg

Penultimate Liner in Rapidblack

macsmolder.jpg

Eye Kohl in Smolder

styleblacknaillaquer.jpg

Nail Lacquers in Nocturnelle, Seriously Hip & Baby Goth Girl

maccreamcolourbase.jpg

CCBs in Black & Bat Black

volcanicash.jpg

Volcanic Ash Exfoliator & Volcanic Ash Thermal Mask

(photo source)

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risser
AWESOME BLACK! I wanna get these nail polishes
drools.gif

macblacknight.jpg

Lipstick in Black Knight

macmattene.jpg

Mattenes in Midnight Media & Night Violet

macglimmerglass.jpg

Glimmerglasses in Bling Black, Blackfire & Blackware

styleblackmineralizeyeshadow.jpg

Mineralize Eye Shadows in Cinderfella, Young Punk & Gilt by Association

Greasepaint.jpg

Grease Paintstick in Intense Black

penultimateeyeliner.jpg

Penultimate Liner in Rapidblack

macsmolder.jpg

Eye Kohl in Smolder

styleblacknaillaquer.jpg

Nail Lacquers in Nocturnelle, Seriously Hip & Baby Goth Girl

maccreamcolourbase.jpg

CCBs in Black & Bat Black

volcanicash.jpg

Volcanic Ash Exfoliator & Volcanic Ash Thermal Mask

(photo source)

WOW!!!!!! This collection is going to be awesome!!! I'm going to save up for this!

panther27

Whoa,that is hot!Thanks so much Risser,you're awesome.I love those nail lacquers
drools.gif
Those mes look beautiful as well.Can't wait to see more swatches of everything
th_DANCE.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Whoa,that is hot!Thanks so much Risser,you're awesome.I love those nail lacquers
drools.gif
Those mes look beautiful as well.Can't wait to see more swatches of everything
th_DANCE.gif

iagree.gif

GlamQueen21

I'm dying to see swatches of this collection!!!!! I'm unsure about the Mattenes. I don't know if I do want to get one since I'm getting Black Knight lipstick.

SmokeSignal16

^Yep same here, I'm gonna see if I can b2m for the black lippie (try and save somewhere!) but I'll probably slip the mattenes since I probably won't love them as much. But bring on the swatches!!

Camnagem

love.gif
thud.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_happy1.gif
<--- my reaction to new pics!

Thanks for posting those! Every new picture we see is just increasing my excitement. I can't wait for this collection, bring on more swatches!!

GlamQueen21

EEK! It's 2:45am here!! I haven't gone to bed yet! I need some sleep now! Goodnight ya'll! Hope to see the swatches of this collection tomorrow or whenever!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I'm down for the MES and the nail polishes but don't think I can pull the black lipstick off....tried and failed in the past. Bat Black will be allegedly permanant so I'm in no rush right away to worry about the CCB.

If anybody has been to a NIN, AFI, Type O Negative or Smashing Pumpkins show...freaking even Marilyn Manson...black lipsticks aren't new there. I've seen people repping them in industrial clubs for ages. Love the idea but I can't do it.

All I have to say is me and Mabelle were discussing animal cruelty on that thread and I mentioned chinchillas being cleaned in volcanic ash....I'm going to have to say I've got to see it firsthand to see how they pull it off. If it's good enough for a chinchilla, it might be good enough for me. XD

A moment of wtfery....I clicked the link of Kayraphat's, who is by far not responsible for content, and temptalia has an MES called "Blue Flame - Black with blue pearl (Limited Edition)" listed. Risser's pic shows 3 and not the Blue Flame temptalia has listed....Blue Flame is a single eyeshadow I bought in pot form. Why the hell would MAC release an MES with the same name of an existing shadow? Just wondering if someone's got info because I would like to know if I'm buying 3 or 4 MES. If anybody knows, let me know.

bat balck is a pro item so you can order it via the pro phone line at any time!
smiles.gif

and blue flame in pot form was released in the cool heat collection last year and looks alot like deep truth shadow.

Latest posts