My vanity area aka "The more space I have...the more stuff I'll get to fill it." :P

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBeauty
I love it! The vanity is so pretty! And all your stuff is soooo organized. wish i was that organized. lol!

haha... i think what i have is a disease... i am impossible to live with. :p

thmochagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
At the moment I've got a fairly modest collection (by Specktra standards, anyway) but given the exponential growth rate of my collection since December 2007, it's safe to say I probably shouldn't be looking to expand my storage capacity anytime soon. :p

Anyway, onto (yet another) Malm vanity. Our master bedroom has been done in black/brown Malm furniture and red accents for 2 years, so the fact that the vanity worked for this purpose was a total bonus. Thanks to MissChievous for addressing some lighting questions I had last year when I picked up the table.
smiles.gif

Overview:

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

Palette holder:

IMG_1773.jpg

Brush holder: (Primarily MAC; some Sigma Makeup)

IMG_1778.jpg

Nail stuff: (China Glaze, Konad accessories, hand treatments etc.)

IMG_1730.jpg

Face: (Assorted Studio Fix powders; Full Coverage foundation; MSF; Mineralize Blush; Prep & Prime Translucent powder; bronzer; Solar bits; concealer etc.):

Eyes: (Fluidlines; Paint pots/samples etc.)

Other: (CK Euphoria; Body Shop perfume)

IMG_1734.jpg

Eyes: (Liquid last liner; glitter liner; shadesticks; UDPP; Fyrinnae eye primer; paint; Too Faced lash injection mascara etc.)

Lips: (Lipsticks; lipglasses; lip gloss)

Other: (Prep & Prime assorted; Matte texture; Faces Metaliglow; Pro paintsticks)

IMG_1737.jpg

Pigment storage and Sigma Makeup brush roll:

IMG_1739.jpg

Pigments and loose shadows:
(Fyrinnae pigment box; the other box contains MAC pigment samples, mixing medium, lash glue etc.)

IMG_1744.jpg

Green/gold palette:

IMG_1760.jpg

...The bf wants to rig something to my table so it sounds like a weapons cache when it opens.
tong.gif

If anybody has any specific questions, please let me know.
smiles.gif
Thanks for letting me share!

Drooling on the floor a 100 times over!!!!!

Hypathya

I love it, love it, love it!!!

I adore the way you have labeled everything!! You're so organized and neat!!

Miss Ava Marie

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your collection.. not to mention how neat and organized and beautiful it looks when the drawers aren't opened. I want that vanity soo bad but my boyfriend and I are moving out together in January and he thinks it is way too big to have. I might ask for it for Christmas so I HAVE to have it
winks.gif
Thank you sooo much for posting where you can get the organizer sets
greengrin.gif

mely

This looks straight up out of a magazine. I love the elegant look & how you've organized!

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyttleravyn
Gorgeous!! What did you use on the labeling system? I can never find labels that are thin enough like that.

I actually used mailing labels; Avery mailing labels, template 05260, compatible with Microsoft Word and a standard inkjet or laser printer. On the palettes I simply fold the labels into the underside of lid so that the writing is only on the slanted part. It gives it a nice clean edge. (I'll post a better pic of this soon.)

On the compacts etc. I cut the labels in half lengthwise using an x-acto after I've printed them. For symmetry sake (in both case), I try to keep the rounded edges on one side (if that makes sense).

HTH!

malaviKat

...I have had some requests for updated pictures of my collection and I do promise to get to that soon. A busy, BUSY semester of school has cut down on my posting. *sigh*

I have commissioned a bench for this table and (if all goes according to plan) it'll offer more storage so I'll be sure to add that to the pics for those that want to see. (Expect it in the new year... it isn't complete yet!)

karebear3289

Can i ask what kind of chair you are using for this? I haven't found one yet. I used my mom's desk chair but it was too short even when it was lifted all the way up.

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear3289
Can i ask what kind of chair you are using for this? I haven't found one yet. I used my mom's desk chair but it was too short even when it was lifted all the way up.

I have found that it is VERY difficult to find a chair that works well with this. My office chairs are too low and my pub style dining room chairs are too high. Pub style chairs would work well if the drawer wasn't there as well. I feel your pain. :p

I've never sat down to put on my makeup so for the time being, I've been standing. However, I recently commissioned a bench for the vanity (in part to give me a place to sit...and in part to allow for additional storage of unopened product...) Hopefully my measurements are accurate otherwise...that'll be one waste of a bench. :p

I'll keep you posted.

Latest posts