Difference between NC20 and NW20

Licota

Hi guys! I've been using NC20 in studio fix fluid a couple of times, but think that this is a little too yellow for my skin. Is there a big difference between NC and NW?

th_dunno.gif

Kari1

Hi! I would say in general...yes. "NW" will def. be pinker or more neutral...but it also just depends on the formula of the product you're checking out. NW20 in one MAC foundation does not mean it will run the exact same shade in all MAC foundations, so I would ask to see them before you buy. NC's vary in how yellow they are....and some NW's will be more pink, while other's look more neutral, like I said earlier. I am an NW20...but tend to be more neutral. Please make sure you get a sample first...or you try it at the counter beforehand. Hope I haven't confused you too much!
winks.gif

Claire84

In SFF, the NW20 has more yellow in it than in the other foundations (from my experience). It's more of a neutral tone. I have yellow undertones, and if I'm a bit on he pale side, I wear NW20 SFF (when I'm more tan I'm NC25-30 in SFF).

gildedangel

NW in MAC means that it has pink undertones and NC has yellow undertones, which is why you find it to be too yellow. It isn't a huge difference, but it can change how you look. Naturally I am a NW, but because I have a lot of redness on my face I use NC to counter balance it. HTH!

Darkness

I think I should be NC20 but use NW20 instead. I'm similar to you and don't like the yellowness. NC always seems to make me look jaundiced in photos or too tanned looking. I use the MAC Mineralize Satinfinish and that seems to be an excellent match for my skin.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Aside from undertones, the NW20 will be a bit darker than the NC20.

Yeah I def noticed that. I can wear NW25 or NC30. But NW25 is a better match

Licota

I found out that I had a NC15 in my closet, unopened, so I tried it. It looks good, not as yellow.
smiles.gif

chickatthegym

I was wearing NC before and I am actually an NW also. My foundation always made me look "sick" and kinda yellowish LOL... I got matched up and got the right shade in NW (finally) last Feb. and I am SOOOO glad I did. Can you go in and get the MA to match your skintone? Also, I know some people mix the NW and NC shades to get their perfect match. You could try that.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Keep in mind that whenever you are trying a new product line, have them match you at the counter/store. Even though everything is (generally) NC15 - 50, NW15 - NW55, products sometimes run differently. Examples being Select Moisturecover NWs having more 'orangey' tones in them, and NWs in Studio Sculpt being 'browner' when compared to other face products.
smiles.gif

Licota

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Keep in mind that whenever you are trying a new product line, have them match you at the counter/store. Even though everything is (generally) NC15 - 50, NW15 - NW55, products sometimes run differently. Examples being Select Moisturecover NWs having more 'orangey' tones in them, and NWs in Studio Sculpt being 'browner' when compared to other face products.
smiles.gif

Thanks for tip - I actually did go to the store when I got the NC20 - the MA at MAC matched it for me. I suppose she recommended this one because I have some redness in my cheeks.

Latest posts