Shampoo for blonde hair/ Violet Shampoo

Meisje

I use ShimmerLights --- it works well, just make sure to let it sit on your head a couple minutes (don't put it on and rinse it out immediately).

I also use Roux, which is technically made for grey hair but it has the same anti-brassiness qualities. The whitest shade they have also works. I put it in a spray bottle to cover evenly. You just spray it on damp hair and style.

Babylard

I was able to find the silver pantene expressions at walmart, but where do you guys get shimmerlights and matrix so silver as well as the nexxus simply silver? i'd love to try those!

pr317

I always noticed a big difference when I used this product: Aveda Blue Malva Color Conditioner . Not a shampoo, but it really helped.

Also, it's not cheap, but Lush's Daddy-O shampoo really, really made a difference in my blonde! I always got comments after using it and people would ask if I had just gotten my hair done.
smiles.gif

ThePowderPuff

I use the Joico purple shampoo, and I have also been using the L'Oreal salon version. Don't remember the name. They work the same and work excellent!

I use my purple Joico every other or every third day, to keep my hair from being yellow. If I use it everyday my hair gets an unpleasant purple sheen to it, but using it every other og every third day just gives it that perfect crispy feel to it and keeps it from being too yellow.

Love it!

Honey xOo

I use Clairol shimmerlights on my light brown/dark blonde hair and it helps tone down brassiness. My sister has lighter hair with super light highlights and it helps her hair even more! She used it one time after a dye job and her hair was perfectly toned. I have to use it more often though because my hair isn't that blonde. It really does work! If you got to Sally's you can get the giant pump bottle that hair salon's always have for a really good deal.

Caderas

the two blonde-based shampoo's i know of are Lush's Daddy-O and Bedhead's Dumb Blonde! (i'm not blonde, so i can't say how they work!)

Susanne

My favourite violet shampoo for my blonde highlights is John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew shampoo!

psychotums

I'm very curious about this topic. I have very thin, sort of lifeless hair. It's like a dark honey blonde with warm undertones. I am looking for a change without doing any colour (I've also experience some thinning over the past year, so I don't want to do anything drastic) so I was wondering is a purple shampoo/conditioner can give my dull hair a little lift, maybe even cool it down a little bit without colour. Have any other natural blondes tried this out? I'm also wondering if anyone knows of any purple shampoos with volumizing properties?

@psychotums, clairol shimmerlights will take out some of the warm tones and even though it is not a volumizing shampoo, it strips out a lot of residue making your hair seem to be more voluminous. You will need to use a good conditioner after using the shampoo. Hope this helps.

Latest posts