Good primer for oily skin???

Fataliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaDKiTTy69
I shake the bottle really good, then I take a cotton ball and apply it all over my face (pretty much my whole face is getting oily thats why i apply it on the whole face). I apply it kinda like if it was a toner. Let it dry, it will leave some white residue, rub it with your fingers and thats it, the face is ready for foundation. I used my MAC MSFN and bare minerals matte with this stuff and it works pretty good.

I do the same, only I use those square cotton pads, and I wet it and then squeeze the water out, and then I use it to apply the MoM. Yes, it'll still leave a white residue, but as stated above, just run your hands over your face real quick and it goes away.

At a couple bucks a bottle, you should try it. Hell, I've been using it for like 6 months, and my bottle isn't even halfway gone yet.

j4lyphe

where do u buy the milk of magnesia and can it be used on NW45 skin??? And what do u guys use as moisturizer (day & night) cuz I dont use moisturizer, yes bad i know lol

westindiesangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4lyphe
where do u buy the milk of magnesia and can it be used on NW45 skin??? And what do u guys use as moisturizer (day & night) cuz I dont use moisturizer, yes bad i know lol

You can buy MoM at any place with a pharmacy section. Yea, you can use it, I have tan skin and it's invisible. It does leave a residue, but you just wipe that away with your fingers. If you put it on lightly no residue will be left, but I find it works better if I apply it heavily. It does work better at controlling oil than any other product I've used, and in tandem with an oil-control primer it does great!

For moisturizer I use the Clinique Acne Solutions Moisturizer - but only because I use the whole line. I really like Clinique moisturizers though, maybe you could try the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel - I used it for awhile before I needed to control acne.
yes.gif

Vlcatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGirl
... I also tried out the Too Faced Primed and Poreless and Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer Potion. Both were ok but afterwards my skin was too matte! It had no slip so I would imagine that your makeup wouldnt apply as smoothly.

Too matte? Wow, I have to try those - I am kind of obsessed with matte face (matte but not dull/flat)...

Could you compare the Too Faced Primed & Poreless to the Smashbox Photo Finish? Of all the primers I have tried is the Smashbox'es (Smashbox's? Help a non-native speaker, please
sneaky.gif
) has been the best but I would say I expected more... I only bought it because it was more than 50% off... If Primed & Poreless was at least comparable, I would be happy to have cheaper alternative...

j4lyphe

So do u moisturize first then use the MoM as the primer? Or use the MoM first then u moisturize?

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlcatko
Too matte? Wow, I have to try those - I am kind of obsessed with matte face (matte but not dull/flat)...

Could you compare the Too Faced Primed & Poreless to the Smashbox Photo Finish? Of all the primers I have tried is the Smashbox'es (Smashbox's? Help a non-native speaker, please
sneaky.gif
) has been the best but I would say I expected more... I only bought it because it was more than 50% off... If Primed & Poreless was at least comparable, I would be happy to have cheaper alternative...

I hate, hate, HATE Smashbox primer. My skin's too oily for the stuff, it slips right off my skin. Ugh.
angry.gif
The Urban Decay Pore Perfecting primer, though....I looooooooooove. It doesn't leave me grossly matte, and I find my skin still has plenty of slip to apply whatever foundation I'm using that day. I highly recommend at least getting a sample of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4lyphe
So do u moisturize first then use the MoM as the primer? Or use the MoM first then u moisturize?

Definitely moisturize first...let it sink in to your skin for about 15 minutes before you put the MoM on...works like a charm.
winks.gif

PS, I use MAC's MoistureLush moisturizer. I love it.

makeba

i found a good primer for my oily skin by Korres. its the organic primer for oily skin and it works good for me. at some part in the day my t-zone was wicked whereas now its my nose. my nose shines but its not the disco ball it once was. i got this at sephora during their 20% ff sale and i am glad i did.

Honey xOo

I have combo skin and hate using primers. My nose gets shiney the quickest, I have pores on my nose + a bit on my cheeks, so here's what works me: I wash,tone,and moisturize, then I pat Revlon Colorstay blemish concealer on any visible pores(my nose + cheeks), it's medicated so it doesn't clog my pores and it actually helps clear my skin, then I apply my colorstay pressed powder to set it and I swear I'm matte and shine/pore free for the day!
smiles.gif
I like using the lightest way possible daily and this is it for me.

Hypathya

I use Clinique pore minimizer. So far, it's the best i've tried. I gives me 4 hours without shine at the most, and 6 if combined with Chanel Purete Ideale T-Mat Shine Control.

I'm thinking to give a shot at Magnesia Milk. Thanks for the advice!!!

laurarice

I don't think primers work too well, but I can reccommend a finishing spray called Model in a Bottle. I have oily skin and it makes the makeup on my nose last all day!

katruiz

Milk of age and I use professional and MUFE mat. Use these depending how my face is behaving.

shadowaddict

I get even more oily such as summer here in TN has super high humidity. I use a tiny bit of Smashbox Anti-Shine on my t-zone and then Hourglass. If you use too mush it will ball up.

I'm not sure where you live but if you're not too far from a Sephora you can get a sample. I love that they give samples. When they gave me one of this it lasted me forever since it only takes such a tiny bit. I wish they sold it in half sizes.

Latest posts