Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

StarrySim

Google didn't help, so maybe you girls can... Has anyone depotted Lise Watier single e/s, or does anyone know how? I have a black one that would be perfect in my 15-pan palette, since I don't have carbon. I never use my LW shadows because they're not in my pans

Junkie

Whoa this thread exploded...lol.

I ended up going to The Bay and talked to a girl working the MUFE counter - she said that the counter there is considered a "PRO counter" and she said she hasn't heard anything about her branch being shut down/shut out because of Sephora's "exclusive rights" to sell MUFE. So I dunno. BUT! They also had the #19 MUFE Aqua Cream there! The purple one! I thought it was discontinued? Anyways...I swatched a bunch and they are AMAZING! $25 each tho....

We don't have anything new at my store...and I went to another boutique in the underground at Dundas Square - just the old Lise Watier collection. The Bay has the Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia collection....so I'll assume SDM and Murale will get new stuff shortly.

On another note...I 4th the cheap Nars and not paying full price! I desperately want to try out the Sheer Matte foundation! Its $55 tho
ssad.gif
I'm so happy I get a discount. I'm just trying to justify the frikken price!

I never know what to buy when I go....I swatch EVERYTHING but only walk out with like, one or two items. Argh.

Shadowy Lady

Nars is pricey but their foundation is good so I splurge. I don't skimp on my foundation and only wear MUFE HD, MUFE F&B (in the summer) and Nars sheer glow.

I need to go and see Dior Fall, but I'm worried I get super tempted by that Misty Mauve quint and end up buying it. I have a serious weakness for mauve, red purple and burgundy shades. It's prob coz they do an awesome job as bringing out hazel eyes
greengrin.gif

On a different note, does anyone know if Lise watier will do any new eye glitters soon?

thiscarmen

^ Lise Watier actually has some new glitter liners/mascaras out for her fall 2010 collection.
They're not packaged like her normal glitter liners; the brush is a bit finer, and there is also a part on the brush where you can use it as a mascara as well!

Junkie

^ Those skinny ones are the Divine Lash & Line Duos - not the same as a Glitterliner, though they work similarly. The glitter in them is not nearly as big and a lot of them are duochromed.

Lise Watier has the new Bleu Bold Collection out - a lot of the stuff is cheap this week at SDM.

Junkie

Oh and Shadowy Lady - check out the little smudger kohls! They work great - dunno if they crease, but after swatching both the black and blue + the lipstains - my hand is STILL stained 3 showers later!

All the L&L Duos are really pretty, especially Plum. Champagne is great too.

I want them to do an aqua/minty green Glitterliner, a deep purple or even a burgundy/wine one. Even a bright red would be a great one to put out around Halloween! I wish they'd do a rainbow line for spring
greengrin.gif
that would be amazing!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Oh and Shadowy Lady - check out the little smudger kohls! They work great - dunno if they crease, but after swatching both the black and blue + the lipstains - my hand is STILL stained 3 showers later!

All the L&L Duos are really pretty, especially Plum. Champagne is great too.

I want them to do an aqua/minty green Glitterliner, a deep purple or even a burgundy/wine one. Even a bright red would be a great one to put out around Halloween! I wish they'd do a rainbow line for spring
greengrin.gif
that would be amazing!

oooh, I gotta check those out, thanks. I love me some smudgy khols! I would love a burgundy glitter liner, wine and burgundy shades are my go-to shades for my eye colour
yes.gif
. I would take any new colours though
tong.gif

StarrySim

I picked up three brushes at Winners today (College location). They're completely no name. Clear plastic sleeves, no writing, and on the handles it just says Crease, Shadow and Blush. They were 4.99-6.99 each. They have white handles, and the hair is synthetic white with grey tips. They're soooo soft, they remind me a lot of the TF Teddy Bear Hair Brushes, which I love. I will give them a try this week. I tend to use natural hair brushes most of the time, with the exception of the TF brushes. Have any of you guys picked these up or seen them in store? The College location still has lots of them.

Shadowy Lady

I got the new Lise Watier khol in black, thanks Juknie
smiles.gif
I'm gonna let u guys know how I like it as soon as I use it a bit

StarrySim

Ok, more brush news. I think Pharma Plus is discontinuing the Posh brushes. At my location today I noticed they have a bunch of Rexall Blue brushes in place of the Posh ones, and the Posh ones are off to the side and 50% off. I picked up a powder brush, retractable powder brush, kabuki brush with case, and brush cleaner. Most of the smaller brushes, eyeshadow and concealer and such, were gone already. This is at Yonge & Finch, on the lower retail level of the office building.

katelyn0

STILA is now going to be sold at SDM. I work in a beauty boutique and our location is getting it on tuesday. BEYOND EXCITED!!!!!!!

HOTasFCUK

Whoo-hoo Canadians! Walmart is finally getting the Hard Candy line! I saw a huge empty display at my Walmart in Toronto (Scarborough) so its coming soon!

StarrySim

STILA AT SDM???? Best news I've heard since UD at SDM, and that didn't work out because they only carry it in Whitby. Do you know if Ontario stores will be getting it? I'm sad though, they JUST discontinued the Viola single e/s which I really wanted. Last time I was at Murale I was going to pick it up, and it was gone. Gone at Sephora too
ssad.gif

HOTasFCUK

I checked my local Rexall but no Posh brushes
ssad.gif
The one by me is moving locations in the fall so they are slowly reducing prices and getting rid of some stuff. I picked up Witch Craft nail hardner (best stuff ever) for $2.77 reg. price is $9.99. I think i might have to go get a few more bottles. I also got a nail filer for .67 cents (they had tons) and was happy to see a bunch of the Sally Hansen lip products for sale. I picked up 3 of the Lipnotic Gem Glosses (Junkie recommended them and said they are comparable to mac dazzleglasses) for $2.99 each org. $6.99. I got Rich (sparkly pinky purple), Bejeweled (coral), and Sumptuous (ruby red) which i'm hoping will look hot over my mac cyndi lipstick. Can't wait to see more markdowns they will have!

Ohhh and SDM is offering a promo if you cash in so many opitimum points, you get more money. So cash in 50,000 points and you get $100 back instead of the regular $85. Time to hit Murale and get those new NARS duos i'm been lusting over!

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Time to hit Murale and get those new NARS duos i'm been lusting over!

Awesome plan! Sounds like me
smiles.gif

HOTasFCUK

Crap i had absolutly NO TIME this weekend to go to Murale. I guess i'll have to wait until the next points sale! Grrrrrrrrrr!

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Crap i had absolutly NO TIME this weekend to go to Murale. I guess i'll have to wait until the next points sale! Grrrrrrrrrr!

I don't think Murale had a bonus redemption event, it was just SDM. Murale doesn't follow the same schedule of events.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
I don't think Murale had a bonus redemption event, it was just SDM. Murale doesn't follow the same schedule of events.

Really?? Crap i thought they did! Junkie, can you confirm this?

And no SDM carry NARS? I saw Benefit at one location which is great because now i can get those pricey velvet eyeshadows but i think NARS is only at Murale.

StarrySim

You're in luck, I just got the email that Murale is having a bonus redemption this weekend! And FYI 10x points on Nars blushes.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
You're in luck, I just got the email that Murale is having a bonus redemption this weekend! And FYI 10x points on Nars blushes.

Thanks for posting!!! I'm going to sign-up on the site and see if they send me the email too!

Latest posts