Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

Shadowy Lady

ok bumping again, jenee.sum, how did that Anabelle lip liner work out for you? My Pharmaplus is having a sale on Anabelle lip liners and kohl liners (2 for $5.99). I picked up four kohl liners to add to my previous collex but I didn't get any lipliners. I was considering the fuchsia one though...how did it work out with GAT?

ClaireAvril

Lise Watier brushes are also great. I have a shadow brush and the blush brush which were both fairy inexpensive.
Is GOSH CDN?

I have a couple items from Joe Fresh.. not bad.. but I don't wear them often.. (a lipstick, gloss, and lip stain).. i say try the joe fresh products because they are so inexpensive. If you don't like them at least you haven't spent a lot of money on them.

MACPixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Those two brushes are my favourites too
smiles.gif
Does anyone have their lip brush? Is it good or should I invest in MAC?

I have their lip brush (the one with the cover, I think they have a retractable as well but those tend to not work for me...) and it's great!
I haven't had any problems with Quo brushes and I have a lot. I like their blending brush, however my roommate has the same one and hers is so fluffy and just not good. I also love their angled liner, smudger and foundation brush. I use all of them regularly! And their regular Shadow brush is great too! I guess I've just had good luck with them!

thiscarmen

Yeah Quo has REALLY good brushes, especially for the price. And they go on sale a lot (up to 40% off sometimes), which is quite good, because you can get really nice basic brushes for a really great price. Of course they're not MAC-quality brushes, but for stuff like blush brushes, sharpeners, crease brushes, etc., it's amazing what you get for the amount you pay.

Lise Watier is a great brand too! The glitter liquid liners are GORGEOUS and they have tons of shades to choose from.

And I don't think that GOSH is Canadian (it's Danish, I believe), but GOSH is only available at Shoppers. And GOSH is actually SUCH a great brand. Their Velvet eyeliners are waterproof and come in so many colours. And it doesn't smudge or budge or fade throughout the day. Their liquid liners are similar to MAC Liquidlast, and they come in all the colours of the rainbow.

And just so you all know, Quo, Lise Watier and GOSH are all available at Shoppers (with Quo being Shopper Drug Mart's cosmetic line).

Junkie

I have a bunch of the Annabelle lipliners - some work really well while others seems a bit too dry and...chunky? Its like little pieces of colour break off so it looks think and uneven - only with a few colours though. And thats with both the regular liners and metallic liners.

I have both QUO and Lise Watier glitter liners - I love them both, but definately tend to reach for my LW ones the most. I have Cognac, Amethyst and Black Diamond. In Annabelle, I have Mermaid and Funshine. I've actually posted swatches and photos of them in another thread here..."Annabelle Swatches" I believe.

I also own a lipliner by Marcelle called Pebble - its a great nude for my specific lip colour. Its a [dupe] mixture of Annabelle's Natural Rose & Eve mixed into one. Its nice, goes on smooth and is waterproof...definately has some good staying power. I also have a few of Marcelle LE items - like an all over highlighter called Equinox.

I really love a lot of QUO items, but their prices have gone up significantly over the years and their quality hasn't. I have a mineral blush and it has way too much irridescence in it - makes you look way too shiny. They're range isn't large enough to match a lot of skintones and if I'm paying $22 for a foundation, I'd like to have a greater selection of items.

I'm a sucker for the displays of LE product at Shoppers - I usually try to scoop up whatever strikes my fancy because I know it might not ever be available again - whether its QUO, Marcelle, GOSH, or Annabelle.

I actually recently found the greatest dupe of Baby Goth Girl nailpolish (Style Black Collection) - its GOSH's Mystery Night - its an LE holiday pack available now. One of Annabelle's LE Quads also had 3 out of 4 great dupes for MACs Spiced Chocolate quad (minus the burgundy one).

Ralen81

Another vote for LW eye shine e/l! I own most of the permanent colors and probably a couple of LE ones too. I should really do some swatches. Also love the glittery e/l and concealer wheel. Most of the e/s is pigmented and smooth. My sister swears by LW skincare, but I tried the balancing cleansing milk and balancing toner and didn't think they were anything special.

Love the Annabelle smoothliner eyeliners as well. The volume.com mascara is great (watch the video online for application tips because I didn't think it was anything special until I changed my application method) and removes very easily with just water, but I wish they'd make a waterproof formula.

And yes! Cargo is Canadian! LOVE their blushes and eyeshadow!

I have lots of Quo brushes and think they're pretty good. I've got a big flat brush that I think it supposed to be used with concealer, but it's great for picking up lots of product off an eyeshadow pan that's a bit to hard. They've got a new pro brush line with black handles, but I haven't tried anything from it yet.

ETA: My roommate has a couple of Joe eyeshadows and they look pretty craptastic to me. I'm certainly not tempted to try them.

shea_47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
I love Quo eyelashes...natural yet with just enough drama to take an eye look to the next level. They are also very easy to put on for a lash newbie like me.

I love Shopper's beauty boutique, and quo eyelashes are awesome!! I bought a bunch of crazier ones right after Halloween and I love them too.

I have the Lise Watier glitter liner in the dark blue and it is AMAZING! I get so many compliments on it, whether I wear in alone or over black liquid liner. I also have the Fairy colour which is really pretty over pinky eyeshadows. The new fushia colour is absolutely gorgeous, it's on my Christmas list
yes.gif

As for Annabelle, I love their neutral eyeshadows. I have a really pretty vanilla-coloured eyeshadow that they do not make anymore that has hit pan, it's very sad.

And Gosh...although it's not Canadian and can only be found at Shopper's, their liquid/gel eyeliners have super crazy staying power and come in every colour of the rainbow. I don't like the little brush it comes with though, so I just swipe some off the brush onto an Annabelle angle brush and use that instead.

Modmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual Edge
Lise Watier glitter liner in opale (white), peacock (dark blue), and amethyste (purple). I love them all and use them regularly, especially opale. I want to pick up golden green, smokey gold and cybermint.

I just came back from a quick trip to Shoppers and while hubby was getting what he needed, I went to play at the LW counter. I don't own any of the glitter liners, but I have them all over the back of my hand right now LOL. I want to get the Opale (white), but I'm not sure how to wear it? Do I wear it on its own as a liner, side by side with a darker color, over top of another color? How do you gals wear it?

The amethyst is freakin gorgeous too! And that dark blue WOW!!! I think my Christmas list just got longer hee hee

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmom
I just came back from a quick trip to Shoppers and while hubby was getting what he needed, I went to play at the LW counter. I don't own any of the glitter liners, but I have them all over the back of my hand right now LOL. I want to get the Opale (white), but I'm not sure how to wear it? Do I wear it on its own as a liner, side by side with a darker color, over top of another color? How do you gals wear it?

The amethyst is freakin gorgeous too! And that dark blue WOW!!! I think my Christmas list just got longer hee hee

I know they're so gorgeous! I have two now but I'm gonna pick up more. I have Funshine and Starry Night (I think is called, the blue one). I wear them over black liner. Opal is actually next on my list

Modmom

Quote:
I know they're so gorgeous! I have two now but I'm gonna pick up more. I have Funshine and Starry Night (I think is called, the blue one). I wear them over black liner. Opal is actually next on my list

I'm staring at Starry Night on my hand right now...can you hear the ooohs and aaaahs? LOL

jenee.sum

omg!! u guys HAVE to get the new one that just came out!! It's called Emeraude and has dark blue and green sparkles. it's sooo gorgeous! when u guys swatch it, swatch it over over a dark green/blue or teal base. fuckin beautiful! u will DIE! it's been sold out at my store for weeks! it's LE
ssad.gif
so get it if u can still find it!!

Lise_Watier_Traceur_paillete_Emeraude.jpg

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
omg!! u guys HAVE to get the new one that just came out!! It's called Emeraude and has dark blue and green sparkles. it's sooo gorgeous! when u guys swatch it, swatch it over over a dark green/blue or teal base. fuckin beautiful! u will DIE! it's been sold out at my store for weeks! it's LE
ssad.gif
so get it if u can still find it!!

Lise_Watier_Traceur_paillete_Emeraude.jpg

that sounds
drools.gif
! Will run to the closest SDM right after work, thanks for letting us know Jenee

Nepenthe

I just wanted to chime in as another Canadian.. :]

Quo makes my favourite blush brush.. I've had it for years and it's so soft and blends blush/highlight with ease.

Annabelle.. wow, they've come a long way in the past few years. I've been a fan of their kohl eyeliners for a long time.. but the new custom palettes and smudgeliners are awesome! It's great having such easy access to great products.

Admittedly though I haven't done much with Lise Watier. I had a really bad 'makeover' with one of their artists and it just completely put me off the brand. May have to check out some of these glitter liners though.. ;]

Cinci

I have a few Quo brushes and really like them. I was aprehensive at first because some of them didn't seem like anything great. But I bought there Kahbuki brush last month and it's a great dupe for the MAC 180. The Quo version is a little less dense then the 180, but not enough that it really makes much of a difference. I use them interchangably. They also make a good dupe for the MAC 168 brush. I like that Quo makes dupes of alot of the MAC brushes. I've picked up a few lately so that I have them as "spares" for when I've been too lazy to clean my MAC ones (lol, I tend to use my brushes for a week or so, then put them in my drawer and grab a clean one, and wait till I am all out of brushes and wash them all at once...)

Some of the Quo make up products are really great! I have been desperately searching high and low for a limited edition bronzer that was released this summer and I missed out on. It was their Sun Kissed Bronzer and had 4 different colors in one disc. It was so amazing soft and the particles were very fine, so you didnt look all glittery, but it gave a really nice sheen. It applied very evenly too! I was heartbroken that they only had a tester left by the time I stumbled upon it!

I have also been pleasantly surpised by anabelle's eyeshadows. I wasn't too big on them before, but I bought a few refills the other day and really liked them. It actually made me think about buying the entire line of refills The ones I bought that I really liked were:
"So Foxy" - dark brown matte,
"Gold Digger" - a frosty gold,
Sugar Dust (or something like that) - a light pink/purple
and "Buff" (i think) - a matte peachy neutral

jenee.sum

Quote:
that sounds
drools.gif
! Will run to the closest SDM right after work, thanks for letting us know Jenee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrunka
Im gonna check that out in a few as well, I need a good sparkly liner!

Shadowy Lady & Sabrunka, let me know how it goes! i hope u guys can get a hold of it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe
I just wanted to chime in as another Canadian.. :]

Quo makes my favourite blush brush.. I've had it for years and it's so soft and blends blush/highlight with ease.

Annabelle.. wow, they've come a long way in the past few years. I've been a fan of their kohl eyeliners for a long time.. but the new custom palettes and smudgeliners are awesome! It's great having such easy access to great products.

Admittedly though I haven't done much with Lise Watier. I had a really bad 'makeover' with one of their artists and it just completely put me off the brand. May have to check out some of these glitter liners though.. ;]

Gahhh, i work at SDM, and when we get the Lise Watier MA to come in, i do NOT like the makeup they do either! they're not very good, at least i don't like the way they do their makeup.

I've gotten a couple of annabelle's new e/s and they're beautiful - graffitti & vivid violet. I made a quad with those along with their black e/s and scene from MAC. i want more but i'm on a mission to stop my makeup spending. I also got 4 of their new studio pigments, gorgeous! - i got the pink, blue, yellow, and purple.

annabelle_jars.jpg

top row: annabelle black, vivid violet
bottom row: MAC scene, annabelle graffitti
img8819v.jpg
img8819v.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinci
I have also been plesantly surpised by anabelle's eyeshadows.

i want their dark navy blue one! sooo pretty!!!

BitBitBabiGirl

i love Annabelle , there makeup is just so nice.

Annabelle makes the most amazing black eyeliner, I think it;s the smoothliner, so pigmented, and glides on nicely. I also adore there Le Gloss Sticks. Kinda remind me of MAC slimshines?

Joe Fresh Beauty has really nice cream blushes. But that's all i've really tried. =/

I have a Lisa Watier loose eyeshadow, it's the prettiest gold. Very pigmented.

Modmom

I just came back from Shoppers and I'm soooooo happy!! The one thing I really lack is matte shadows, so tonight I made an Annabelle quad with mattes (one may be a bit velvety, but definitely not shimmery). The e/s were on sale for $2.99 each (woohoo) and the quad was FREE with the purchase of 4 e/s. $12 for a great, pigmented e/s quad! Way to go Annabelle!

Oh, I don't think I ever told you gals that the Annabelle large shader brush is wonderful for lid color. It's the one brush I use every day.

I also picked up Benefit cream e/s in Skinny Jeans (so not $2.99 hahahaha), some Olay daily moisturize and some concealer.

I played again in the LW glitter liner...so gorgeous. There on my wish list.

Cinci

I have the Green Lise Watier Glitter Eyeliner. I bought it because I love green, but I have honestly never used it other than the one time I tested it. Looking back I should have bought the black one, I think that would be much more useful... either way I do like the liner, although I found it took a long time to dry...

Latest posts