Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

foomph

I REALLY liked the Quo pressed powder foundation. I used one right up but I couldn't find a perfect match for my skin tone in the winter (when my tan faded) and so switched to MAC.

Shadowy Lady

foomph - I tried the Quo powder as you recommended to me in Recommendation forum but alas there was no exact match for me
ssad.gif

foomph

Too bad...i's so hard with the drugstore brands. I ended up switching to MAC because of that. Did you try the Clinique powder?

westindiesangel

Has anyone here tried out the Joe Fresh line? Especially the brushes? I like the brushes a lot but I'm no makeup expert. And I'm wary of the line...just because it's Joe Fresh, lol.

ClaireAvril

I love quo makeup brushes especially when they go on sale @ shopper's drug mart for 40% off. though I don't think the quality is that great over time.
I have 2 Lise Watier brushes (blush, and all over shadow) and they are great!

gigiopolis

I have a Joe Fresh eyeshadow (a light green, matte). Don't love it. It's a little too sheer for me, but at least it's not chalky. I wanna try their cream blushes though!

Fav drugstore brand of all time: Annabelle. How amazing is this brand?! You can make custom quads, the eyeshadows that go in the quad are kick-ass, pigments are great, liners are smooth and pigmented...I'll gush over Annabelle any day. I feel bad for the people who can't get Annabelle in their country LOL. Canadian pride!!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
I have a Joe Fresh eyeshadow (a light green, matte). Don't love it. It's a little too sheer for me, but at least it's not chalky. I wanna try their cream blushes though!

Fav drugstore brand of all time: Annabelle. How amazing is this brand?! You can make custom quads, the eyeshadows that go in the quad are kick-ass, pigments are great, liners are smooth and pigmented...I'll gush over Annabelle any day. I feel bad for the people who can't get Annabelle in their country LOL. Canadian pride!!

I've been meaning to try Joe Fresh...except I always end up buying more groceries than needed when I go to Loblaws so I try not to go near the makeup stuff, lol!

I love Anabelle too, I remember only having Anabelle makeup when I was a teenager and now at 27, I still love so many of their products, especially their eyeliners. Gotta try their pigments soon. What colours do you recommend?

Temptasia

I love Quo eyelashes...natural yet with just enough drama to take an eye look to the next level. They are also very easy to put on for a lash newbie like me.

I'd love to try Lise Watier eyeliners.

Visual Edge

I love the Lise Watier eye brushes, glitter liners, and regular eyeliners. Ive also gone through 1 and a half of their concealer quads which I loved but have recently switched over to the makeup forever one (Slightly better consistency imo, but lise watier is muuuch cheaper). I have the glitter liner in opale (white), peacock (dark blue), and amethyste (purple). I love them all and use them regularly, especially opale. I want to pick up golden green, smokey gold and cybermint.

A sales rep. at a shoppers promo event said that there would be some more colors of the glitter liners coming out including a hot pink! I'm excited though she wasnt sure when they were set to release.

Virtual Lip Contour | Lips | Makeup | Lise Watier Cosmetics Has anyone tried this?

As for quo, I think its mostly a hit or miss. Some of their brushes are good but a lot of them are just so-so. I really like their eyelashes though and I love that you get optimum points for buying a lot of their products.

Shadowy Lady

^^ that lip contour looks interesting. I don't use lipliners maybe I give this one a try...it seems to be more versatile. I'm also intrigued by Opal glitter liner. My shoppers was sold out of that one last time I went there
ssad.gif

As for Quo's brushes, I love the big powder brush, the Kabuki, the angles eyeliner brush (I use this for my brows) and the big creme shadow brush (I use this for paint pots).

Misshopeful24

I am wondering about joe's liquid eyeliners, have anyone tried them? i picked one up which was a tester (the only thing left in black) and it looked dull as if it dried out or something. The brushes looks good as for the eyeshadows i'm kind of thinking its won't show n last long.

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I've been meaning to try Joe Fresh...except I always end up buying more groceries than needed when I go to Loblaws so I try not to go near the makeup stuff, lol!

I love Anabelle too, I remember only having Anabelle makeup when I was a teenager and now at 27, I still love so many of their products, especially their eyeliners. Gotta try their pigments soon. What colours do you recommend?

I don't have too many of their pigments, only a limited edition Eco Chic (warm midtone VERY SHIMMERY green colour), and Solar, which is a golden slightly apricot-y tone, also very shimmery! Both are gorgeoussss and pigmented. I wanna try the new Studio pigments!

tropical_smiles

Quo brushes are great for the price you get them at! My favorite ones are the small kabuki and also the angle brush. I have the big kabuki from their Christmas line but for some reason the bristles on that one feels a bit too hard on my face

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles
Quo brushes are great for the price you get them at! My favorite ones are the small kabuki and also the angle brush. I have the big kabuki from their Christmas line but for some reason the bristles on that one feels a bit too hard on my face

Those two brushes are my favourites too
smiles.gif
Does anyone have their lip brush? Is it good or should I invest in MAC?

jenee.sum

shadowy lady: sorry for the late reply! but the LW glitter liner in sunshine is not a LE item. go get it!
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
shadowy lady: sorry for the late reply! but the LW glitter liner in sunshine is not a LE item. go get it!
smiles.gif

Jenee - np
smiles.gif
that's actually the only one I have, hehe! I need to get smokey gold though and the black one (forget what it's called)

Shadowy Lady

bumping to say that I picked up the dark blue Lise Watier glitterliner and it's soooo gorgeous
thmbup.gif
I know I will use it a lot! It's super glittery and bright and I wear blues a lot

jenee.sum

^^^ isn't it gorgeous?! i've been wanting that for a long time but haven't gotten it. i love my smokey gold and i try to wear it was often as i can, without ignoring my other makeup. haha still have yet to use my violet trance, hauting and a bunch of those new Annabelle pigments from their studio line. so with all that stuff to still use, i don't think i need another glitter liner!

OH OH OH! SDM now has a 4 pack LW glitter liner i think the're 2.5g each! it has smokey gold, the black one....the white one....and...the multicolored silver one? i believe it's $29. great if u wanna try em and have 4 diff. colors. plus it takes forever to even finish one full size bottle, so maybe the set is a good idea to try em!
i MIGHT pick it up on sat. let's see how my will power is that day...
lol.gif

oh and i picked up the FUCHSIA annabelle lipliner to go with GAT and Full Fucshia (pro l/s). i'll let you guys now how it matches with them!

Latest posts