Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

Shadowy Lady

Mods - I searched for this topic and couldn't find it so if there is one please move/merge this thread
smiles.gif

The patriot in me decided to start a thread to discuss all Canadian brands and what we love about them.

I personally am a big fan of Lise Watier eyeliners. They make very good waterproof pencil liners and the best glitter liners I've ever tried. The pencil liners last on me much longer than anything I've tried by MAC or UD. Lise Watier concealer wheel is also amazing.

Another brand I like is Quo especially for their brushes and some of their lipsticks/lipglosses.

Feel free to add to the list
smiles.gif
I'm especially interested in brands that Shoppers carries since I love the Optimum Points!

SakurasamaLover

I totally agree with you for Lise Watier, love this brand.

On the cheaper side I'm also a fan of Annabelle products. They now sell eye shadows in pan forms and I like their wipes, the package is so small and convenient on the go.

Modmom

Woohoo...now this is a thread I can really sink my teeth into LOL

Big fan of Lise Watier! I have their eyeliner and its so creamy smooth and long lasting. I have no desire to switch to another brand for eyeliners. I've had some brushes too (long story...but they were left behind somewhere where I couldn't get them back) and I loved them. I also have a couple lippies and I use their brow powder (duo) in blonde. Overall, great brand.

Annabelle..Yes! The pot shadows are overall not as pigmented as higher end brands, but for softer looks without a ton of frost, they're great. They make a great metallic lippie too. I'll have to look up the color I use and share a swatch because its a gorgeous berry color...great for fall/winter.

Shadowy Lady

I forgot about Annabelle. I have a black kohl pencil from them that's really good. It;s stays on for a ling time with no smudging.

Has anyone tried Annabelle's lipliners? Any thoughts?

Willa

I think Quo's brushes are a good alternative when you're on a budget, but they are not all the same quality. The big fluffy one for loose powder isnt worth it. But I love the blush brushes, the flat e/s brushes too

My man gave me for Christmas 2008, the special tower they made, I love it
yes.gif

ginger9

I have tried Annabelle lipliners. In fact most of my lipliners are Annabelle. No complaints from me, I like them and they are great value so you can get one in virtually every color. I also own the smudgeliners. The old version doesn't go on as smoothly but the new ones are improved. Some of my favourite e/s are Annabelle. I also love makeup brushes by Annabelle.

Thanks for the Lise Watier eyeliner suggestion. Which ones in particular do you recommend? The liquid or pencil?

Another Canadian brand is Marcelle, I have only purchased a l/s and tried the makeup remover so I don't know much about this line. I have been intrigued by some of the LE palettes they put out though.

Shadowy Lady

Ginger9 - I have a few of the pencil liners by LW. I've got Noir Intense (black), Marin (navy) and Silver. They're waterproof and long lasting and they'r emy go to for everyday lining. I also got two LE ones called Black Teal and Black Gold. They're similar to MAC's Pearl Glides but they last on me much longer. I have swatches of these on my blog
smiles.gif

I also recently purchased a glitter liner in Sunshine. I used to just use MAC's reflects glitter and gel mm but this is more user friendly and the glitter is very "packed". I'm def going back for more...

I need to try out the Anabelle lipliners. I don't even own ONE lipliner *gasps*

ginger9

Thanks for the suggestions I will definitely check them out!!

Yeah, I don't wear lipliners often either but I do when I wear red lipsticks. It really does make a difference! Cleaner lips and less runaway around the lip area. I have the Annabelle Cherry which I use with all red lippies and the Fuschia I pair with GAT. They also have a l/l named Spice but apparently the Demure one resembles Mac's Spice more. I read that on MUA I think...HTH!!

Modmom

I have LW Noir Intense too and its the best. Its my 'go-to' black pencil liner.

Marcelle and Annabelle are sister companies. I'm not sure if I have any Marcelle makeup (I'll have to check and report back to you lol) but I have used some of their skin products. I just finished up a facial cleanser. It was ok. Probably not one I'd buy again though. I originally bought it for my son (pre teen), but he said it stung his face, so I used it up.

You're not alone Lady...I don't own any lip liners either!

Shanti

Annabelle has great eye dusts.
I have the mint green and pinky-gold one, and they're great. They have decent lasting power, are very fine, and blend well. They're also pretty cheap =) Really nice intense colour, but not heavy.
The only gripe I have about them is the packaging.
I've also tried their standard powder eyeshadow trios... the one with 2 browns and a green. It was alright. The browns were nice, but the green wasn't pigmented well.
But you get what you pay for.
As for Quo, I've only owned a lipstick from them (in Febrile/Breathless).
It's quite old now, but it still goes on as smoothly as it always did, nice moisturizing feeling, and the colour is even. It's one of my lipstick staples. =)

jenee.sum

^^^ shanti: i have breathless/febrile too!! i LOVE it! it's soo natural and very moisturizing!
smiles.gif

AH I LOVE THIS THREAD!

and i LOVE Lise Watier. especially their glitter liners. my favourite is smokey gold and cybermint. absoooolutely gorg! i also have the purple one (amethyste), but it doesn't stand out as much as the other ones. when i wear them to work, ppl always comment on them and i end up selling some. hehe but i do NOT like their face brushes. i find them toooo rough! but i do like their eyeliner brush. Quo brushes are great for the price you pay too. i got so many of the eyeliner brush. great for brows or eyeliner.
i recently got a lise watier red lipstick in ROUGE MAESTRO. does anyone have it? i was tryin to find a dupe at MAC, but i couldn't find one. i am in love with that lipstick
another thing i love is their color wheel Portfolio. can't live without it. got concealer for all 4 seasons.

and as for annabelle, i love how they are coming out with the customizable palettes. i recently got two e/s in their new collection, in divid violet (lavenderish light purple pink with gold reflects) and graffiti (dark grey with silver reflects). i totally heart them. and also 4 of their new pigments with new packaging. got the yellow, purple, blue, and pink. purdy! i also have divine diva, which reminds me of one of the colors in one of the Makeup Art Cosmetics palette - Notoriety!

oh and has any of you got their glitter liners?! they SUCK!
thmbdn.gif
when they came out, i did a test with them vs. the lise watier ones. and they were soooo goopey, gunky, thick....and definitely does not have enough glitter compared to the amount of binding "gel" in the container. when i did a swatch of the LW with one of the annabelle, the annabelle had half the amount of glitter..and twice the amount of the clear gel! after 10 mins, the LW was completely dry, but the annabelle one was still tacky.
shockt.gif
EW cheaper than the LW glitter liners (8 i think it was? vs. 17 for the LW), but i'd rather pay the extra to get quality glitter liners

OH. and who else blasts their face with the blowdryer to dry the glitter eyeliner?
lol.gif
too lazy to wait for it to dry.
greengrin.gif

Simply Elegant

I love annabelle smoothliners. They're my HG for pencil eyeliners. The liquid liner is good too. I have a matte light brown eyeshadow that I use for my brows. I also love quo's brushes.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum

OH. and who else blasts their face with the blowdryer to dry the glitter eyeliner?
lol.gif
too lazy to wait for it to dry.
greengrin.gif

lol, I do that too
greengrin.gif
I need to pick up the two glitter liners you recommended from LW. I only have one called Sunshine but I think it's an LE. I was looking for Smokey Gold but it was sold out at my Shoppers
ssad.gif

I need to try that red lipstick too...what's the texture like?

Willa

I always love looking at Annabelle's e/s, at Jean Coutu their brand called Personnelle also have some good colors sometimes, but they don't all pay off very well.

Do you guys have access to a FACES store in your malls?
I love their e/s too, and the great thing is they sell as refills too
smiles.gif

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
lol, I do that too
greengrin.gif
I need to pick up the two glitter liners you recommended from LW. I only have one called Sunshine but I think it's an LE. I was looking for Smokey Gold but it was sold out at my Shoppers
ssad.gif

I need to try that red lipstick too...what's the texture like?

Hmm..i don't believe sunshine is an LE. i can double check for you on saturday though. i think smokey gold is the most popular one. goes with any skin colour and age! i love how you can cover your lid with it...or just draw a line of the glitter.
drools.gif
wearing just a line of it gives the most gorgeous pump of OOmph to your makeup but it's subtle enough that you don't look like a discoball (smokey gold is great for being subtle but stands out at the same time). oh and do you guys wear them above your regular eyeliner? or do you guys wear it alone with no eyeliner? i wear it above my black eyeliner..and it stands out even more!
thmbup.gif

oh and kinda off topic, haha, but one time i had a customer of mine go "you look really familiar!....are you on specktra?"
lol.gif

the red lippie is like an amplified from mac. rich in color, has a lustre to it, extremely moisturizing, and glides on very smoothly. here's a pic of my swatch and a comparison to M.A.C Red and Russian Red.

from L-R:
M.A.C Red - Rouge Maestro - Russian Red

img8478v.jpg

img8467i.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
smiles.gif

we use to! but they took the kiosk out.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:

smiles.gif

I've never seen it here in Ottawa. I think we get discriminated against a lot when it comes to stores and stuff even though we live in the capital
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
Hmm..i don't believe sunshine is an LE. i can double check for you on saturday though. i think smokey gold is the most popular one. goes with any skin colour and age! i love how you can cover your lid with it...or just draw a line of the glitter.
drools.gif
wearing just a line of it gives the most gorgeous pump of OOmph to your makeup but it's subtle enough that you don't look like a discoball (smokey gold is great for being subtle but stands out at the same time). oh and do you guys wear them above your regular eyeliner? or do you guys wear it alone with no eyeliner? i wear it above my black eyeliner..and it stands out even more!
thmbup.gif

oh and kinda off topic, haha, but one time i had a customer of mine go "you ook really familiar!....are you on specktra?"
lol.gif

the red lippie is like an amplified from mac. rich in color, has a lustre to it, extremely moisturizing, and glides on very smoothly. here's a pic of my swatch and a comparison to M.A.C Red and Russian Red.

from L-R:
M.A.C Red - Rouge Maestro - Russian Red

img8478v.jpg

img8467i.jpg

I love Sunshine coz the glitters are multi-coloured, so they're different colours depending on the light. And yes I wear mine on top of Blacktrack. Never tried it all over the lid, gonna do that this weekend
thmbup.gif
oh, and I went to another Shoppers and they were also sold out of Smokey Gold
thmbdn.gif
I'm gonna try the one near my parents today...

That red lippie is gorgeous
drools.gif
and I freakin love the amplified texture...*puts it on lemming list* I have Port Red and Ruby Woo from MAC but this looks quite different from both of them...thanks for the swatch
smiles.gif

One more thing, has anyone tried BOTH Anabelle and Marcelle lipliners? Which one is better in your opinion?

c-marie

Quote:
smiles.gif

I used to live in Winnipeg and they had one, but now I’m in Calgary and they don’t have one. I agree, their eye shadows are great and the discount on the refills are make it even better.

SakurasamaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9

Another Canadian brand is Marcelle, I have only purchased a l/s and tried the makeup remover so I don't know much about this line. I have been intrigued by some of the LE palettes they put out though.

One of the only thing I tried from Marcelle is there translucent powder and I like it a lot. I have the most sensitive skin ever and it doesn't react to it at all, (and I react to a LOT of stuff).

Something that I'm quite a fan from Annabelle is there Kohl eyeliner in Halo, it's a pinky neutral, great to cover any sign of fatigue or two much party ing.

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
Something that I'm quite a fan from Annabelle is there Kohl eyeliner in Halo, it's a pinky neutral, great to cover any sign of fatigue or two much party ing.

omg u HAVE to use Halo as a highlight for the brows! i'm an NC25-35, and it's amazzzing. i don't even use e/s as a highlight anymore...unless it's for blending out the shadow at the top. but i put a line of Halo right under my brows, and just soften it a bit by blending it with an angle brush so it doesn't look so harsh. oh and not only is it great for highlight, it defines your brows to perfection. i used it in my Hello Kitty FOTD if you want to see how it looks as a highlight. MUST try!!

westindiesangel

I LOVE Anabelle Smoothliners. i use the black and have the brown for when I want a subtle look. And I have no desire to look for any other pencil liner. Applies with a nice dark colour and stays on all day! They also have really pretty pigment dusts...I wear no eyeshadow, and only subtle shimmery washes of it when I do, but I want the gorgeous pink-gold one someone mentioned earlier.

Has anyone used the glitter eyeliners they have? I was testing them out on my hand but I didn't like how they applied...it seemed difficult to get an even coat of the glitter all across in a line...is that how all glitter liners are or are they just poor quality?

As for Quo, I love their brushes, but I only buy them when they're 40% off at Shoppers lol because I hate putting out money for brushes. They are lovely quality though. I have a great foundation brush from them that provides amazing coverage...

I didn't know any of these brands were only Canadian until this thread! Lol...are you sure Annabelle is Canadian only? I swear I remember an American girl recommendinf Smoothliners a few years ago....hmm!

Latest posts