What colors will bring out your brown eyes?

MACgirl

def try these

-contrast as an eyeliner
-electric eel as a bottom liner
-agate (le eyshadow, but they haven at CCo's), this eyeshadow is a reddish brown such a great color as top and bottom liner

-brown down e/s
-au contriare eyeshadow (agian LE but peopel say mythical mist is liek it and that is currently being sold with the ornementalism collection)
-amber lights eyeshadow

cherryblossom girl

Does grey eyeliner work for brown eyes?

Ok, I don't know if anyone can help with this... but do you think that grey eyeliner looks ok on brown eyes? I'm asking because I really like the Lovely Lily look on the mac site, and they are recommending the Grey Utility powerpoint with this look but I've never used grey on my eyes as I didn't think it would be flattering. The only people I've seen wearing grey eyeliner have been fair with blue eyes, I'm pale but with yellow undertones and I've got dark brown eyes. If you have brown eyes, do you or would you ever wear grey on them and how does it look?

This is the Lovely Lily look, by the way:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...=CATEGORY18916

M

It sounds like we have similar skintone-I'm MAC NC15. I know they say brown eyes can wear any color, but I'm living proof that is not the case! I personally cannot wear grey e/l and definetley not w/ Lovley Lily. With my skintone-I can't do a lot of cool colors at one time and this would be too harsh. I like Lovely Lily with Prunella e/l and pairing it with Twinks e/s. It adds a little warmth-which I need.

giz2000

I did that look for the Lingerie event at the counter I was freelancing at...I have brown eyes, and I love the way grey eyeliner looks on me...I did add Flirty Number in the crease because the Lovely Lily looked a little pale on its own...I think it will work on you!

cherryblossom girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
It sounds like we have similar skintone-I'm MAC NC15. I know they say brown eyes can wear any color, but I'm living proof that is not the case! I personally cannot wear grey e/l and definetley not w/ Lovley Lily. With my skintone-I can't do a lot of cool colors at one time and this would be too harsh. I like Lovely Lily with Prunella e/l and pairing it with Twinks e/s. It adds a little warmth-which I need.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking... it looks gorgeous on the mac site but lilac & grey together on brown eyes could look horrible in reality! Brown eyes need slightly stronger colours imo. Will stick with my old faithful Prunella instead
smiles.gif

cherryblossom girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
I did that look for the Lingerie event at the counter I was freelancing at...I have brown eyes, and I love the way grey eyeliner looks on me...I did add Flirty Number in the crease because the Lovely Lily looked a little pale on its own...I think it will work on you!

But then again...

macearrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
I have brown eyes, and I love the way grey eyeliner looks on me...I did add Flirty Number in the crease because the Lovely Lily looked a little pale on its own...I think it will work on you!

Me too! (I'm NC 15 with brown eyes) Grey Utility e/l and Flirty Number e/s look natural on me. I used to apply Grey Grape e/s (2005 holiday cool palette) as eye liner, but now Grey Utility do the same but more convenient job 8)

swaly

I have brown eyes and yellow undertones, and I love grey on me. It's more subtle than black but lends itself well to a neutral smoky look. And you should remember that there's no way your eyes clash with every shade of grey, as there are warm yellow-based greys and cool bluer greys out there.

ledonatella

I have very dark brown eyes (NC20) and I wear Industry alot. I don't have Grey Utility so I can't compare that but I have other brands that are a lighter grey than Industry and they look fine too. Grey is really a neutral so it looks good on most everyone.

jpohrer

I am an NW15 with brown eyes. I love Phone Number eye kohl! Two different MAC artists used it on me (Beau and RebelRock makeovers).

litlaur

My eyes are hazel, but sometimes they look brown. I think grey is a nice alternative to black. It's a lot softer. Some greys are too light, though. I like something at least this dark (next to black for comparison):

864926_sw.jpg
864934_sw.jpg

caethes

Eyeshadow recs for honey brown (amber) eyes

my eyes are kinda amber coloured (honey brown with gold specks) and I really want to bring out the gold in my eyes. What eyeshadows would you recommend. (I'm kinda new to the makeup world and a mac virgin so i want to expand my horizons)

incidently in case it affects choices my skin is pale but warm toned and my hair is dark auburn verging on brown with red highlights.

Pale Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
I would say try a green...

i second that.

also, i think blue like moonriver would be gorgeous too.
smiles.gif

blueyedlady87

Browns/Golds like:

Amber Lights (great to bring out gold tones!)
Bronze
Woodwinked
Mythology

Eye kohl- Powersurge to bring out gold, line top and bottom waterline and then add a powder liner (my fav is Tempting or All That Glitters) along the lashlines

Latest posts