**My New Makeup Armoire and "Vanity"**

theperfectqueen

So......it's not technically a vanity but it's functional and it serves it's purpose. It's just a desk that I purchased from Ikea. I use it for my computer and to apply my makeup. My makeup has been sitting in boxes and bags since I relocated from Louisiana to California last year and I was tired of digging through boxes looking for my makeup. I finally found some furniture that I like and it works perfectly for storing my makeup collection.

I had actually purchased the MALM vanity from IKEA but I ended up hating it. A lot of people on Specktra (and elsewhere) love the MALM vanity but it just didn't work for me. For now, it will sit in the garage until I figure out what to do with it.

My "Setup"
IMG_2059.jpg

"Vanity" with drawers open
IMG_2064.jpg

Desk Drawer #1 Palettes
IMG_2055.jpg

Desk Drawer #2 Paint Pots, Random Eyeshadows, and other Miscellaneous Stuff.
IMG_2057.jpg

Jewelry Armoire otherwise known as my Makeup Armoire
IMG_2054.jpg

Drawer #1 Lipstick, LipTars, and Lipgloss
IMG_2045.jpg

Drawer #2 Pigments and Mineral Eyeshadows
IMG_2047.jpg

Drawer #3 Blush, Mineralize Skinfinishes, and Shadesticks/Eyeliners
IMG_2080.jpg

Drawer #4 Pigments, Lipbalms, Face and Eye Primers, Eyelash products
IMG_2084.jpg

Drawer #5 Eyelashes and Makeup Remover, Brush Cleaner, Mineral Water, etc.
IMG_2086.jpg

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks for looking!

cindiaz

Hello perfectqueen,i love it! could you tell me the name of the quad on the 3rd picture,the one on the bottom right?Thank you
winks.gif

theperfectqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindiaz
Hello perfectqueen,i love it! could you tell me the name of the quad on the 3rd picture,the one on the bottom right?Thank you
winks.gif

That's actually a quad that I created. It has the following eyeshadows:

Silver Ring
Electra
Carbon
Georgous Gold

Somehow had posted a tutorial on YouTube and they used these shadows to create the look. I loved the look so I purchased the shadows & palette and made my own quad.

Soeth23

Nice setup.
smiles.gif

Love that jewelry/makeup storage! Where did you get it? I need something like that in my life.
smiles.gif

theperfectqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeth23
Nice setup.
smiles.gif

Love that jewelry/makeup storage! Where did you get it? I need something like that in my life.
smiles.gif

Thank you!

I purchased the Armoire at a store called Pier 1 Imports in San Francisco. It was originally priced at $299 but it was on sale for $199 because it is being discontinued. It was a bit pricey but it was well worth it especially considering the fact that I shelled out $179 for the MALM vanity which was useless for me. It is perfect for what I need and it goes well in my bedroom.

RedRibbon

I love the drawers under the computer being filled with makeup, I set and do my makeup on my computer desk (best lighting).

That collection is super tidy and organised, mine has never been that neat.

LilSphinx

In the 9th photo with your pigment jars/boxes..you've got some e/s that have a crackled effect to them from what I can see. What are those?

LOVE your set-up and how organized you are, looks awesome!
smiles.gif

Latest posts