NARS Orgasm Illuminator? - Coming Spring '10

HOTasFCUK

I swatched this at Sephora yesterday and its very pretty. Its not thick at all. I found it a bit watery but i think it works because it spreads out evenly and a little goes a long way. I'm so upset that all the free samples were gone by the time i got there the other night!

labellavita7

I'm disappointed in this, I tried it on in the store (NC20-25) and it really didn't do anything for me. The powder blush shows up great on my skin so I assumed this would be a fun alternative, but this was barely tinted on me and just gave me a little sheen, I even tried to layer it on to build up color but still nothing. It's great if you just want some shimmer but in my opinion, so not worth $29 for something so lacking in color.

CrazyBlue

Ooh i got a sample of this , and it gives a great glow , but yeah , it is quite watery .. worth a try nonetheless!

iadorepretty

i picked this up a couple of weeks ago. at first i wasn't too sure if i liked it. but since i've been wearing it (i mix it with my foundation before applying) i've been getting so many compliments on my skin and its "healthy glow"

i actually might go and get another one for my kit (and maybe a back-up for myself)
tong.gif

Jaim

I just don't like this product at all. I'm very fair and it doesn't show up on my skin at all, and does absolutely nothing when mixed with foundation. What a waste!

Shadowy Lady

I got a sample of it and I don't like it
ssad.gif
I like my foundation alone vs mixed with this. It hardly even shows on me. I'm guessing I need a very deep tan for this to work and right now I'm not tanned.

I'm glad I didn't get a full jar.

medusae

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadorepretty
i picked this up a couple of weeks ago. at first i wasn't too sure if i liked it. but since i've been wearing it (i mix it with my foundation before applying) i've been getting so many compliments on my skin and its "healthy glow"

i actually might go and get another one for my kit (and maybe a back-up for myself)
tong.gif

This sounds like a good combo.. I may have to try this out myself.

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I got a sample of it and I don't like it
ssad.gif
I like my foundation alone vs mixed with this. It hardly even shows on me. I'm guessing I need a very deep tan for this to work and right now I'm not tanned.

I'm glad I didn't get a full jar.

have you tried applying it just like a liquid highlighter on your cheek bones?

lolaB

I like it. I could live without it, but I like it.

Here's the best swatch I could get

9e026a33.jpg

It pretty much disappears in the shade, but who stands under a tree all day, right?

Nothing's on my face but the illuminator, besides blush...I think it's La Femme Russet + Orgasm Multiple
b892dab7.jpg

Indoor lighting, with flash

iadorepretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i think this product is best suited to women of colour.

so far, everyone i know who has liked the illuminator is a WOC. it is definitely on the sheer side. i don't think it's intended to give color, but more of a "glow".

i would think if your lighter than NC42 it would definitely disappear on your skin

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
have you tried applying it just like a liquid highlighter on your cheek bones?

I did, but it still doesn't give me the glow it claims, I can hardly see the glow. I like my other highlighting products much better :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadorepretty
so far, everyone i know who has liked the illuminator is a WOC. it is definitely on the sheer side. i don't think it's intended to give color, but more of a "glow".

i would think if your lighter than NC42 it would definitely disappear on your skin

That's what I was thinking. I was gonna wait till summer so I can try it with a tan but even with my tan I'm barely an NC35 (right now I'm NW25). I'm glad I only got a sample.

Blushbaby

Quote:
i think this product is best suited to women of colour.

Yeah, it shows up better on darker skins IMO. I have swatches, pics and a review on my blog. It's "ok", but you need to get the application right. Gimme Albatross anyday.

michelle79

It does seem to work on WOC with a darker tone. My tone is a bit more on the lighter side & it doesn't even show up on my skin.

I even asked Rihanna's MUA on Twitter how she used it & she said it was best for highlighting the cheeks, bridge of nose & the cupid's bow on the lips. That did nothing for me either. I'm really disappointed, I was so excited to try this & it looked so pretty in the bottle.
ssad.gif

MAC's Strobe Liquid does so much more for me. I guess I'll stick with that.

kimmy

it is definately better on darker skintones. i was so excited when i saw it at sephora because i love the orgasm colour. then i used it on my hand and was kind of disappointed. it's beautiful but you have to use alot to do anything if you're pale like i am. i'd say it's a nice alternative to strobe liquid for those who have complained that strobe makes them look oily though.

Mabelle

im super pale. MUFE HD 117, but i can see it on myself. I use it as a highlight on the cheek bones, and it gives a dewy subtle glow. It's nicer on dark skin though

Latest posts