Lime Crime Lipstick

MissBrittB87

As soon as I saw these I wanted like...6 of them. I love the pinks, purples and that one red is just gorgeous. I'm also (oddly, for me) liking that light creamy orange color. Sorry, I didn't look up the names, I'm just going by memory of the colors,lol. So pretty. I've tried some of their eye dusts to review for my blog and really liked them. They're nice and bright.

Violenza

Apparently all the eyedusts are repackaged mineral makeup from other companies, like 'beauty from the earth', for example: you can get lime criminal by buying 'envy' from bfte.
Where the lippies come from, no clue, but they're even more expensive than MAC and they have professionals working on their formulas and such, DD has.. what? a website.

Will The Real Slim Shady Please Stand Up. |Lipsticks & Lightsabers

There's more to read if you google 'lime crime repackage'.

This is also rather interesting:
Funny Face's place: Lime Crime Makeup Dilemma

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violenza
Apparently all the eyedusts are repackaged mineral makeup from other companies, like 'beauty from the earth', for example: you can get lime criminal by buying 'envy' from bfte.
Where the lippies come from, no clue, but they're even more expensive than MAC and they have professionals working on their formulas and such, DD has.. what? a website.

Man that company is shady. I find it hard to believe that this is an original product either and I think it's just a matter of time before we find out where the lipsticks are sourced from.

VanillaGorilla

Even though I found out about all that bad stuff only recently, I still can't help but like their setup! Such pretty packaging! I have almost all of their stuff and have ordered every lippy except styletto and retrofuturist (which is the red and the black, because I already have a nice red and black lippy). If I had the chance though, I would have bought the similar shades from Beauty From the Earth which at a much more fair price. But sadly as I said, I only recently found out that they were repackaged
ssad.gif
which was after I bought all the dusts.

I hope the lipsticks aren't repackaged shades though
ssad.gif
that wouldn't be very good. But Xenia did do a post on her blog about how she made them so it sounds like she did these from scratch. With the magic dusts, I thought I'd finally found a brand with bright, new, original colours, then I found information about the magic dusts and repackaging and even though I still like limecrime (like the set-up and Xenia's tutorials etc.), I lost a lot of respect for the company. A lot of that stuff does go on though with cosmetics and I just don't understand how someone could re-sell something already created, or copy off of someone else's work and say it's their own shade
ssad.gif
. I think when you create your own thing it feels SO much more rewarding!

@MK09: The packaging is supposed to be like that IMO. It's all about sunshine, lollipops. Look at the lipstick collection name: candyfuture! And remember though having nice packaging is a bonus, it's about the product that's inside in the end, cause that's what you're using on your body
smiles.gif
. I personally like it though
greengrin.gif

@Violenza: Thanks for the links! I'm about to check them out
smiles.gif

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violenza

Thank you so much for the links and information. I had no idea whatsoever!

Meisje

Those links are interesting; I don't know enough about makeup reselling/repackaging to really contribute but I can relate to the horrible feeling you get when you realize something you bought has been misrepresented to you.

I really enjoy her blogging, and I remember this post about creating the lipsticks; so even if the shadows are repackaged, it seems like the lipsticks were her creation:

So How Do You Make Lipstick? | Doe Deere Blogazine

I work in branding/design and the packaging is perfect for this brand and its positioning. This makeup isn't intended for the average makeup buyer or anyone looking to appear conservative. It's eccentric. It would be really weird for it to be in understated, neutral packages. And the Doe Deere "brand" itself is carried over onto the makeup, so pink and unicorns really make sense here.

LMD84

i love the look of the lipstciks but will need to read reviews before i buy any first. i don't want to waste my money on fab packaging but not so fab product. so if you have them please let us know your thorughts on texture, how long the last and such please!
smiles.gif

Meisje

I checked MUA for reviews but they don't have any reviews of the lipsticks. I am also curious to hear what people who have bought them think of the formula/colors.

LaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje

I really enjoy her blogging, and I remember this post about creating the lipsticks; so even if the shadows are repackaged, it seems like the lipsticks were her creation:

So How Do You Make Lipstick? | Doe Deere Blogazine

Just to say that post of hers is touched upon in various 'Lime Crime is a rip-off' posts too on beauty blogs and it seems it's been staged.

Several people involved in make-up labs have come forward and said that there is NO WAY she'd be allowed in a lab without all the proper hygenic dressing and in NO WAY would she be allowed to test them on the back of her hands. That right there is an insane breach of health and safety and everything in the lab would have to be chucked.
Also: the machine in the picture isn't even plugged in
winks.gif

She claims they're completely from scratch also. Not true. The way making make-up works, is you take an already created one in and the tweak the colours and formula. There's been speculation that the lipsticks are also just repackaged Stargazer as there are some pretty similar colours.
First reviews have been that these are alot darker than the given pictures and aren't opaque at all.

I'm staying away to be completely honest. She has a reputation for making people delete bad reviews, closing down entire comment sections and her customer relation record is awful.
Then there was the whole 'faked charity appeal' furore a few years ago..
Just not honest enough for me and way too expensive.

Meisje

I'm probably way too naive
smiles.gif

I wouldn't buy from there anyway. If I'm going to purchase stuff that has a high-end price, I'll only do it if I can see/swatch it first.

I have to be honest, I still love the blog. It's interesting and really visually stimulating.

Ggxox

Like I've said before, the packaging is amazing but I just don't like the company and how it's run. It makes me angry.

xoxo

LMD84

wow - after hearing all this and having a nosey around myself i don't think i'll be gettinng any of her cosmetics.

BellaItalia1969

I had a sniff around and i won't be buying( my other daughter wanted some of their lippies)because customer relations and other ethics are very important to me
yes.gif
yes.gif

Tahti

Omg LOVE LOVE LOVE for D'Lilac, it looks like a super opaque version of Lavender Whip - hurrah!!!
Must buy it ;O the packaging reminds me of when I was young too, all girly and fun ^_^

reesesilverstar

Why do these remind me of the OCC liptars, but in a stick form? The colors and opacity is really pulling me, but at $16 a pop, I think I'll go for liptars...

Latest posts