Your favourite MAC brushes

pinkvanilla

I tried searching the whole forum but couldn't find much..unless I wasn't searching right...?

I don't have any MAC brushes at the moment but would love to get some in my kit. What brushes would you recommend? The foundation brush has been on my list for a while, I have a Napoleon one at the moment and really don't like it!

th_DANCE.gif

sambibabe

I have Napoleon foundation brush and I don't mind it. It only works with a certain foundation though?

The MAC brushes that I can't live without:

#239 - I do everything with this brush!!

Other great brushes:

With face brushes, I prefer to use MUFE, so perhaps other girls could help you
smiles.gif

xLongLashesx

hmm favourite MAC brushes..

Face:
187 is great for studio fix fluid but not mineralize satinfinish, it doesn't spread it out that easily.
188 for blush- deposits colour very sheer for layering.
134- huge fluffy paddle brush for bronzer.

Eyes:
217! God I wish I had 10 of these.
239- nice big e/s brush, easily dupable though
213- small e/s brush that gets right into the inner corners. Once again, easily dupable but so nice!

If I had to give them all up, I'd keep the 217. It's the only one I've found that will blend anything out and I can't find a dupe for. Cheaper brushes don't grab and blend the shadows as well as this baby.

pinkvanilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
I have Napoleon foundation brush and I don't mind it. It only works with a certain foundation though?

Yeah I have noticed that, and mine has also seemed to become a bit scratchy..
thmbdn.gif

Thanks so much for all your replies!

rockin26

There are a couple of forums on this but if I had to make a very simple rec for starting out a brush collection this would be it

Eyes
239 - great for getting colour on and versatle, you can use the tips for the crease & lower lash line as well
217 - The HG of brushes for me. Blends everything flawlessly and doesn't pick up allot of colour so it's great for building colour

Face
187 - great for foundation powder or liquid. I find Studio Sculpt works great on this
168 - Great for blush, highlight and contouring
If you want to save some cash and don't like the 187 I highly rec the body shops foundation brush, it's awesome!! Been using it for 6 years and it's still in mint condition

I could trully throw away all my brushes and just use these if I had to.

pinkvanilla

Thanks so much
smiles.gif

Definitely on my list are the 239 and 217 and I like the look of the 219 - I think I may start with these and go from there.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLongLashesx
hmm favourite MAC brushes..

Face:
187 is great for studio fix fluid but not mineralize satinfinish, it doesn't spread it out that easily.
188 for blush- deposits colour very sheer for layering.
134- huge fluffy paddle brush for bronzer.

Eyes:
217! God I wish I had 10 of these.
239- nice big e/s brush, easily dupable though
231- small e/s brush that gets right into the inner corners. Once again, easily dupable but so nice!

If I had to give them all up, I'd keep the 217. It's the only one I've found that will blend anything out and I can't find a dupe for. Cheaper brushes don't grab and blend the shadows as well as this baby.

#231 is dupable? Really? Which one?

Sass

219 - love because it does what I tell it to do, a bit scratchy but not too bad
224 - soft and it blends my lines out so well and creates a nice flow
226 - soft I have a deep crease and this brush fits right into it...love

I would have said 239 and 217, but the white hairs are a bit rough for me - scratchy kinda. If they were softer then they would be my absolute faves.

I only own the 188 as far as face brushes and I just got it. So, no fave face brushes yet.
smiles.gif

xLongLashesx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
#231 is dupable? Really? Which one?

Woops! I meant #213! I've got a couple of little e/s brushes from priceline that are almost exactly the same yet a bit smaller.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLongLashesx
Woops! I meant #213! I've got a couple of little e/s brushes from priceline that are almost exactly the same yet a bit smaller.

Oh okay
greengrin.gif
I use #231 for the gel liners - wouldn't mind having a couple more of those!!

Erica53094

217 is the only MAC brush I own and it is awesome. It is a little scratchy but I don't mind. I find when brushes are too soft they don't pick up color. 217 is so versatile and blends like a dream. I want to get 239 next!

VAL4M

I really like 159 for pigmented blush
eyes: 221 (LOVE that brushes I purchased 3 of them) I personally think that if you have small eyes 221 is better then 217 that I find too large for my eye socket.
219 great horse worker.

Latest posts