1. #1
    Senior Member L1LMAMAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,591

    How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    This has been my problem since forever. I use UDPP then line it with UD 24/7 pencil, smudge it out. Then 2 hours later, i have racoon eyes. I don't get it.

    Then I saw petrilude's video and he said to put loose powder under the line to act as a barrier which would keep the liner/eyeshadow from smudging under your lower lashline. Didn't work for me.

    How do I prevent from getting raccoon eyes? What do you girls/guys do? Does shelaq work? How about the sealing gel from Illamasqua?

    TIA.

  2. #2
    Senior Member rosasola1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    295

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    prep + primes translucent powder works miracles against smudging!! get a sample
    I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me. PHILIPPIANS 4:13

  3. #3

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    I apply eyeshadow wet after putting on foundation and powder and it doesn't get smudged.
    NC15, light brown hair, blue eyes
    NC25 in summer

  4. #4

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    Did you just use pencil eyeliner alone itself?? I hope this will work for you...i used eyeshadow under before i put on eyeliner and don't forget to use a brush to blend them in. Of course eye primer is priority.

  5. #5

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    I never use waterproof, it never adheres right in the waterline, well because the area is wet! I always use a Kajal liner and set it with a powder.

    HTH!

  6. #6

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    The prep + prime powder is wonderful I agree..and I set my liner with carbon or MUFE black e/s

  7. #7
    Senior Member kaliraksha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,392

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    I use my liner then run over it in a dark powder shadow. The best combination I've had was with gel eye liner. However, this works medium at best... on a hot or humid day all bets are off. So, I'm interested to hear these replies too.
    I abuse commas & now ellipses.

  8. #8
    Senior Member MaskedBeauty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    883

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    I always put eyeliner on my lower waterline and i've noticed its always smeared by the end of the day and mostly gone. I've tried the trick of putting black e/s over it to help it stay but i've had problems with application when it comes to that. it always ends up in my eye???? I'd love to hear peoples responses as well. Also if anyone has an eyeliner that they love for the waterline I would love to hear your recommendations.
    "No mask like open truth to cover lies,As to go naked is the best disguise."
    "Sometimes the worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing that happens to you, if you don't let it get the best of you."

  9. #9

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    I put eyeliner on the waterline then place carbon e/s on the lash line. Works for me.
    MUFE HD 153 ~ MUFE Mat Velvet 55 ~ MAC NC42

  10. #10
    Senior Member panda0410's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Steel City, Downunder!!
    Posts
    3,316

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    Liner on the waterline then set it with a shaodw in a corresponding colour - I dont always use black I find using the 219 the best for applying a setting colour to the liner, and if I do that it never smudges on me If I dont set it, it always smudges, and thats not just MAC liners, its all of them. I tried the powder barrier as well, but I've found that powder under my eyes increases the appearance of wrinkles so I tend to avoid that now
    My hubby & my son are my pride & joy!!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member DirtyPlum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    927

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    What concealer do you wear?

    If you use something creamy like studio finish then make sure you apply that before eyeliner and set it with either Prep n Prime translucent powder or MSFN (lightly with either 224 or 225).

    Once your concealer is set, apply your eyeliner, set with tiny bit more powder and then use an eyeshadow on the lower lashline for extra depth and staying power.

    Shelaq isnt too bad and Illamasquas gel doesnt work.

    Good luck - i feel your pain!
    M A C - a lifestyle...

  12. #12
    Senior Member spectrolite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,515

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    I put a bit of Too Faced Shadow Insurance on the back of my hand and then dab a Q-Tip in some and carefully apply it to my lower lash line (avoiding the water line.) I kind of apply it in the shape I'm going for - so if I just want to use a little liner a thin line will do, but if I'm going for a more intense look I'll bring the TFSI down a bit lower. No matter what I put on top - it stays put all day long. If I'm using Feline I will go over it with Carbon as well to set it even more and then blend it out.

    Check out my blog! http://www.fascitorium.net
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter/com/fascitorium

    "Be yourself, everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

  13. #13
    Senior Member Shenanigans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    193

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    I use Fluidlines exclusively as everything else smudged on me.

  14. #14
    Senior Member L1LMAMAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,591

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    thanks for all the replies ladies!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaskedBeauty
    I always put eyeliner on my lower waterline and i've noticed its always smeared by the end of the day and mostly gone. I've tried the trick of putting black e/s over it to help it stay but i've had problems with application when it comes to that. it always ends up in my eye???? I'd love to hear peoples responses as well. Also if anyone has an eyeliner that they love for the waterline I would love to hear your recommendations.

    yes mine end up in my eye as well!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DirtyPlum
    What concealer do you wear?

    If you use something creamy like studio finish then make sure you apply that before eyeliner and set it with either Prep n Prime translucent powder or MSFN (lightly with either 224 or 225).

    Once your concealer is set, apply your eyeliner, set with tiny bit more powder and then use an eyeshadow on the lower lashline for extra depth and staying power.

    Shelaq isnt too bad and Illamasquas gel doesnt work.

    Good luck - i feel your pain!

    i don't wear concealer. i just got the illamasqua sealing gel but haven't tried it yet!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shenanigans
    I use Fluidlines exclusively as everything else smudged on me.

    yes i use a gel liner for my lower lashline and it does keep it nice a little longer than with ud 24/7 pencil.

  15. #15
    Senior Member BEA2LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,681

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    i have to use a liquid liner or it will smudge.. i also set it with carbon or NYX black.
    I finally got a blog! It's brand new, more to come soon!
    http://bea2ls-beautyspot.blogspot.com/

  16. #16

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    I always put eyeshadow over it.

  17. #17
    Senior Member L1LMAMAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,591

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladyJ
    I always put eyeshadow over it.

    this doesn't work for me. i feel like the smudgeyness happens faster when i put eyeshadow over it. i pat it on and make sure it's in there too

  18. #18
    Senior Member BEA2LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,681

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
    this doesn't work for me. i feel like the smudgeyness happens faster when i put eyeshadow over it. i pat it on and make sure it's in there too

    have you tried liquid liner? thats the only one that does not smudge.. pencil and even gel smudges on my top lid, too actually but liquid stays put.
    I finally got a blog! It's brand new, more to come soon!
    http://bea2ls-beautyspot.blogspot.com/

  19. #19
    Senior Member nichollecaren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Panama City
    Posts
    783

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rosasola1
    prep + primes translucent powder works miracles against smudging!! get a sample

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TISH1124
    The prep + prime powder is wonderful I agree..and I set my liner with carbon or MUFE black e/s


    This just a few weeks after i sold my own P+P Powder....

    does invisible set do the same thing? I'm trying to get that one instead
    Chances are, I'm correcting the typos above as you read this...

    ever noticed there's never enough blush??
    NC45/C7

  20. #20
    Senior Member L1LMAMAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,591

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BEA2LS
    have you tried liquid liner? thats the only one that does not smudge.. pencil and even gel smudges on my top lid, too actually but liquid stays put.

    i tried using liquid on the bottom but it's hard to soften the line cuz a lot of it gets on my lower lashes and it's just a huge mess. but then again i tried this like 2 years ago when i was a makeup noob. i'll try it again soon. thanks!

  21. #21
    Senior Member BEA2LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,681

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
    i tried using liquid on the bottom but it's hard to soften the line cuz a lot of it gets on my lower lashes and it's just a huge mess. but then again i tried this like 2 years ago when i was a makeup noob. i'll try it again soon. thanks!

    that was the same with me. i tried liquid years ago and hated it! but now it's my best friend
    I finally got a blog! It's brand new, more to come soon!
    http://bea2ls-beautyspot.blogspot.com/

  22. #22
    Senior Member Almond_Eyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    183

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    I apply UDPP on both lid and lower lashline. If I use Fluidline, I by tap it on my lower lashline instead of sweeping it on, I use the 263 brush. With the same brush I'll set it with a black eye shadow.

    I think it really depends on the formula of the eyeliner you use and whether your eyelids tend to get oily.

  23. #23
    Senior Member User67's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow.
    Posts
    2,088

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TISH1124
    The prep + prime powder is wonderful I agree..and I set my liner with carbon or MUFE black e/s

    How do you use it? You put it on over the eyeliner?

  24. #24
    Senior Member L1LMAMAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,591

    Re: How do you keep your lower lashline from smudging?

    thanks for the suggestions everyone. i will be trying liquid liner on the bottom very soon and also the prep and prime stuff!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •