estee lauder-talent plus advice?

Lydia14

I went in for an interview with Estee Lauder and the one on one interview with the cosmetic manager went great, however, I didn't pass the talent plus interview. I'm so upset. I answered all the questions honestly, I'm not really sure what I did wrong.

twiztdlilangel

I'm not sure where else to ask this but I did my phone interview (talent plus) with Estée Lauder today for boscovs. It went well I got a phone call this afternoon that I had to do a second phone interview with Estée Lauder tomorrow afternoon has this ever happened?

Sarah19

I never got to see the actual results of my Talent Plus. Who or whom do I call for the actual results? I was just told at the time that it said that I would not be a good fit at the counter I was applying for. But, I still would like to know the actual results, i.e. What are my talents according to the test, etc.?

Does anyone know if I need to contact Estee Lauder in New York for these results? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Shanilbourgeois

Whew just did my Talent Plus interview for EL at Macy's there is no pointers besides be your self and honest! All the questions were describing yourself and your responses to certain scenarios givin at hand and your strength and weaknesses! Just remember product knowledge and your sales ability to up sell products and understanding customer needs and being able to maintain goals set forth at hand! Wish me luck and much luck to all you ladies going after it! I can breathe now just got to wait for the store to contact me for next step.

I just had my Talent plus interview. The person was nice and patient but the some of questions are tricky. And ambiguous so when you take the test try to take a deep breath and be in a relaxing environment so you can thing your answers. So I don't know if I did well but I ll just keep thinking that I did my best and try to be patient and wait for the call from the store where I applied. Good luck to everybody going thru this process. Is nerve wrecking waiting for that call I know! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

lizzybee

Hi!! I applied for a makeup consultant at the Clinique counter, and figured I would also apply for the counter manager (why not?) since I do have plenty of retail experience. I got called by the Clinique district representive to meet with her the next morning at Belk. Found out I was actually being considered for the manager role!! She then said to make sure belk had my app, then said she was passing me on to the talent plus interview. That was last Thursday. I just finished the talentplus interview (it's now Wednesday). Don't stress over it! It's extremely easy. I had a very nice person (who even joked around back with me) and I didn't feel pressured at all. I was extremely nervous for it, but now I feel ridiculous for getting so stressed because it wasn't bad at all. Like other people have said, they just want honest answers and examples. I didn't find any of the questions difficult or rude. I hope I did well though. Some examples are: Are you addicted to positivity? Is service or product knowledge more important? How loyal are you? Give an example. What recognition have you received for achieving sales or goals? Sales experience? How long do you plan on keeping this job? Wish me luck!! ;)

DanC

Any advice for a guy applying for an Estee Lauder BA position? I have my talent plus interview tomorrow.

I take my talent plus interview in 2 days and after reading responses on how to be yourself and such, I am just a littttttle worried about questions pertaining to my experience because I don't have much experience let alone "examples". Hoping I don't get too many example questions 

DanC

I had my interview on Tuesday. The questions were pretty much all about experience. How you have reacted to various situations. I am waiting now to hear back from Bon Ton about the next step in the process. Good luck with your interview!

bellainka

I had my interview with a cosmetic store manager and also with a account executive for EL.All went very well.On Tuesday I had my Talent Plus interview.I'm very confident that I did well but can't help to be nervous.Anybody knows how long does it take for Talent Plus to forward the results?

Just finished my talent plus interview and boy do I feel relieved! Half way through I started getting a little at a lost for words because I felt like I kept repeating myself but I think I pulled through the best I could...

Could go for a 2 hour nap now!
thud.gif

bellainka

​Good luck! I'm getting a little nervous.Had mine on Tuesday and today is Saturday...still no news.Like I said before, I already had an interview with a cosmetic store manager and with a account executive for EL.All went well.I'm curious how long should I wait before they contact me? If even....I really hope I still have a chance.
sweatdrop.gif

Hopefully you hear something back soon!
At the end of the interview she explained to me how the hiring process works(depending on each company) and basically once the interview gets sent to the hiring managers, it's up to them to decide whether they want to go further with you. My case is a little different because I sent my resume in online to Origins on their website, got contacted to have an exploratory interview, then had talent plus. So I am not even sure if the location I am interested in knows about me applying, I'm just hoping they don't send my interviews to a broad area. All I can do is cross my fingers that the Origins in my location is looking for someone.

BeautyForeverx

I had my talent plus interview today for Counter Manager for Estée Lauder. The interview went quicker than expected. I was normally thinking 45 minutes. But it was only 16 minutes. After the interview I was confident that I did my best. I was nervous. So an hour passed and the store manager called me and told me I passed my talent plus interview!!! I am beyond excited and thankful! Advice to anyone, just be yourself. Be likeable, be honest and most definitely be upbeat and be very friendly! Think fast and quick! The questions are very easy! Don't say "umm let me think" during your interview. Good luck to all!

DanC

I did not hear how the Talent Plus Interview went but I was hired. I start on the 8th. At some point I may ask about the interview. Good luck everyone!

I need to get some comfortable black outfits until my uniform comes in...any suggestions?

dazydeadpetals

Hi everyone,
I have my talent plus interview tomorrow, but I did get some insight from the store manager (Dillard's) as to what they are looking for in the interview.

He said that EL is very methodical in how they staff their counters, and they like to have a "trifecta" of 3 personalities.
1. Suzy Sunshine = upbeat, cheerful, positive etc.
2. Logical thinker (self explanatory)
3. Someone who is good with computers and paperwork etc. He was more vague on this description and I don't remember the exact way he described it, but I believe this is the counter manager position since that is what I'm interviewing for and he told me the other two girls working at the counter were sunshine and logic. I'm guessing the key to this position has a lot to do with organization and motivational skills etc.

My counter is considered fully staffed with three employees, so I'm not sure how this works at a counter with more than three employees. Not sure if they want multiples of the three personalities or if there are other "sub-personalities" that they look for beyond the basic three.

So all of you ladies that did the interview and didn't get hired, you may have done great in the interview, but didn't get hired because you didn't fit into the role that needed to be filled. Maybe you would have been a duplicate personality when they needed one of the other personalities filled. My advice would be to try to figure out which role they are trying to fill (maybe by asking the store manager what they are looking for) and then show in your talent plus interview that you can fill that particular role.

Again, I have not yet had my talent plus interview so I have not been hired yet, but this seemed like valuable information and I wanted to share it. Good luck everyone!!!

elgirly

I had my talent plus interview, half way through I realized they were giving me the consultant test, should have been counter manager, I had to retake it the next day. The lady was so rude, kept cutting me off and only 20 minutes long, suppose to be at least an hour! I failed! I was so mad, the manager got me I touch with the account coordinator who got me connected to the executive, she came to interview me in person and I was hired as counter manager that day!

bellainka

I find that interview to be very robotic.How can you judge someone by "dry"questions and not by a body language ,eye contact ,personality and of course: experience?!
I had spend last 12 years in a cosmetic industry.3 out of that as a counter manager for Christian Dior.My interview with a department store manager and account executive went very well.My Talent Plus (in my opinion) went very well also.However I did not passed it. Why???Not sure.I think my answers were right on but I have a one problem.I'm a European.I have an accent and don't speak the same as American do.Anyway, guess what? 2 weeks later I'm hired as a counter manager for Lancôme.Estee Lauder: Your loss!
My advice to everyone; By taking a Talent Plus, you are closing a potential door for future opportunities.I also noticed the huge amount of job vacancies at Lauder companies.I'm wondering why?
Good luck to all of you.

sarhaa8

I just finished 3 interviews at nordstrom last Thursday, over the phone, head managers, and counter manager and account coordinator. My file was supposed to be given to talent plus and I haven't gotten a call. It's been 2 business days, how long did it take for talent plus to contact you to schedule an interview? Thank you!

bellainka

It was 2 days for me.Talent Plus are usually fast.But don't worry, it may be a little longer.If the manager told you that you would be contacted byTP that's a good sign.
Good Luck!

Latest posts