"Suicide Girls" Models

hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBeauty
How would I search for car clubs around me though? Would it come up if I do a google search?

That might work... I just knew who was out there from attending shows and what not.

And it's true, most girls aren't paid much... usually companies don't pay much, but you can make up some of that by charging people to take pictures with you and selling signed photos. I made $50 at Formula D by charging people $1 to take a picture with me, not too bad! Haha. And sometimes you can find good deals... I got paid $120 to work a shop's granding opening for 3 hours, and on top of that I sold signed photos, so it was a decent amount of money on the side. I was working full time as a microbiologist just doing modeling for fun, so I wasn't ultra concerned about income. But it was nice to take a Saturday afternoon and make more money in a few hours than I did at my full time job in an 8 hour shift.

Most of the models supplement with other modeling and contests winnings (bikini, beauty) and bartending. And also have jobs or are college students. I don't think too many are in it for a career. Frankly the ones who are get a little scary looking after awhile...

And uh... most of the girls I were around were blonde, haha. I was even blonde for most of it. It proably really depends on location. Asians are always a hit, but I know in NJ there were a fair share of white girls in the scene. The magazine I photographed for, their models were a healthy mix of all races and cultures. So I wouldn't let that discourage someone... a LOT of guys in the import scene are sick of the typical looking import model so being different can be a plus.

BeccalovesMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
That might work... I just knew who was out there from attending shows and what not.

And it's true, most girls aren't paid much... usually companies don't pay much, but you can make up some of that by charging people to take pictures with you and selling signed photos. I made $50 at Formula D by charging people $1 to take a picture with me, not too bad! Haha. And sometimes you can find good deals... I got paid $120 to work a shop's granding opening for 3 hours, and on top of that I sold signed photos, so it was a decent amount of money on the side. I was working full time as a microbiologist just doing modeling for fun, so I wasn't ultra concerned about income. But it was nice to take a Saturday afternoon and make more money in a few hours than I did at my full time job in an 8 hour shift.

Most of the models supplement with other modeling and contests winnings (bikini, beauty) and bartending. And also have jobs or are college students. I don't think too many are in it for a career. Frankly the ones who are get a little scary looking after awhile...

And uh... most of the girls I were around were blonde, haha. I was even blonde for most of it. It proably really depends on location. Asians are always a hit, but I know in NJ there were a fair share of white girls in the scene. The magazine I photographed for, their models were a healthy mix of all races and cultures. So I wouldn't let that discourage someone... a LOT of guys in the import scene are sick of the typical looking import model so being different can be a plus.

What magazines? Dsport? Import Tuner? ahhh Formula D. That shit is off the chain. Our driver flipped my car while drifting that event. Im on the west coast. Maybe its different were you are from. For every white girl, I see ten asian girls. We have hired black, latina and white girls before. Just cant be plain looking. Fake boobs are always welcomed. Only hot tattoos. No tramp stamps. Girls who look like Ursula Mayes or Sasha Singleton.

MaskedBeauty

yea I figured that asians would be the ones they mostly hire because of the import scene and all. I'm white but do get dark when i tan, have long dark brown hair and dark reddish brown eyes. I don't have fake boobs.. lol. And unfortunately I don't have huge boobs (34B). I have two tats, but theyre both BIG. I do have one on my lower back but i definately wouldn't call it a "tramp stamp" I consider "tramp stamps" to be tribals or lil butterflies or flowers. (you can check out my tats on the tattoo thread).

MaskedBeauty

Forgot to add in there that its not something i'm looking for as a career. Just something extra on the side to make some extra cash.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
but what I didn't like was that you only get paid ($500) if you get selected to be "model of the week" or something like that.

It's not about the money; it's about the *~art~*!

Lol, just kidding.
I do like the idea behind it, though. Most mainstream nude modeling portrays a more classic, tame, pretty look. Suicide Girls shows a sexy side to a more alternative demographic of girls: the outcasts, the hippies, the rockers, the punks. As long as the girls know what they're getting into, then I don't see a problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
playboy's not very classy anymore.

That's very true. I was looking at a timeline of the playboy editorials and playmates (don't judge me! lol) and it was pretty interesting seeing how the photos and models progressed. The photos were simple and even cute. Then around the mid 80s, someone took a left turn onto Trashy Town and the sets got cheesier and the girls looked "faker".

Here's a link for anyone who's interested: NSFW (boobies and vag) Playboy Playmates

BeccalovesMAC

Quote:
yea I figured that asians would be the ones they mostly hire because of the import scene and all. I'm white but do get dark when i tan, have long dark brown hair and dark reddish brown eyes. I don't have fake boobs.. lol. And unfortunately I don't have huge boobs (34B). I have two tats, but theyre both BIG. I do have one on my lower back but i definately wouldn't call it a "tramp stamp" I consider "tramp stamps" to be tribals or lil butterflies or flowers. (you can check out my tats on the tattoo thread).

Honestly, I think you should go for it. My really good friend won Miss HIN like a couple years ago. She doesn't have fake boobs. I have not seen that many skinny girls. Most of the girls have junk in the trunk. Just make sure u have a good tan. Personality goes a long way. Most models are fucken stuck up bitches. When you are at the shows there is a lot of interaction with people. Make sure you are always smiling, blowing kisses, waving and laughing. Have one pair of heels. I mean stripper heels. We always provide the clothes for our girls. Usually beaters with a short ass skirt. A couple years ago we had them in fish net dresses. Imo the pay is crapped. I have been asked multiple times to become a promotional model. I personally don't think its worth it. Wearing those fucken heels all day for 100.00.

MaskedBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccalovesMAC
Honestly, I think you should go for it. My really good friend won Miss HIN like a couple years ago. She doesn't have fake boobs. I have not seen that many skinny girls. Most of the girls have junk in the trunk. Just make sure u have a good tan. Personality goes a long way. Most models are fucken stuck up bitches. When you are at the shows there is a lot of interaction with people. Make sure you are always smiling, blowing kisses, waving and laughing. Have one pair of heels. I mean stripper heels. We always provide the clothes for our girls. Usually beaters with a short ass skirt. A couple years ago we had them in fish net dresses. Imo the pay is crapped. I have been asked multiple times to become a promotional model. I personally don't think its worth it. Wearing those fucken heels all day for 100.00.

Thank you
yes.gif
. I noticed on the HINcity website that people were saying there is no such thing as HIN models anymore (directly through HIN). Cuz they used to have a model manager and on their website you used to be able to fill out a model application. So now I'm kind of stuck and not quite sure how to get out there in the scene. I am signed up with a promotion company that I noticed hired girls this last year to be at someones booth at HIN in Pleasanton, CA this past year. However, I noticed the invite on my profile too late and it was all booked up by the time I replied. I'm sure there's a lot of things to get into around here (Bay Area, CA) but I just have no idea where to start. I looked at the website you showed me but it's just for AZ right??

Penn

Quote:

Honestly I think 34B is a good size, there are tricks for making them look bigger too and some import models do use them. Things like tape and doubling your bra. You should go for it
smiles.gif

I'm so worried about girls getting into the modeling scene now a days just because as someone mentioned there are people who are in it for ulterior motives. I was on a car forum and this one member had "it wasn't until I became a photographer that I started getting laid A LOT" in his signature. Now of course, it could be a joke but it still made me feel a little sick.

BeccalovesMAC

Quote:
Thank you
yes.gif
. I noticed on the HINcity website that people were saying there is no such thing as HIN models anymore (directly through HIN). Cuz they used to have a model manager and on their website you used to be able to fill out a model application. So now I'm kind of stuck and not quite sure how to get out there in the scene. I am signed up with a promotion company that I noticed hired girls this last year to be at someones booth at HIN in Pleasanton, CA this past year. However, I noticed the invite on my profile too late and it was all booked up by the time I replied. I'm sure there's a lot of things to get into around here (Bay Area, CA) but I just have no idea where to start. I looked at the website you showed me but it's just for AZ right??

I am not sure about the out sourcing of models. I know they have a model search at HIN and the winner is announced at the last show. My friend traveled with them to all the shows The azht is in AZ. I am pretty positive there are some honda/import forums that are in your area.

BeccalovesMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn
Honestly I think 34B is a good size, there are tricks for making them look bigger too and some import models do use them. Things like tape and doubling your bra. You should go for it
smiles.gif

I'm so worried about girls getting into the modeling scene now a days just because as someone mentioned there are people who are in it for ulterior motives. I was on a car forum and this one member had "it wasn't until I became a photographer that I started getting laid A LOT" in his signature. Now of course, it could be a joke but it still made me feel a little sick.

There are a lot of assholes like that in the scene. You have to look at their portfolio. Make sure that they are even good at taking pictures and not just pervs.

hello_kitty

^^^ Those guys piss me the f*ck off (regarding the guys with cameras). Not only are they just sick, they take away business from legitimate photographers who aren't out just to get laid. That's why I always avoided places like model mayhem or having a public myspace because I got sick of requests from freaks wanting shoots. It's also another reason why I really started photographing models in the scene, so many girls have come to me and said how nice it is to work with someone who they know aren't trying to get in their pants at the shoot. Those idiots are really destroying photography one by one... decreasing rates, etc.

I am a 34B as well... and yep, totally many ways to make them look bigger! The biggest trick in the book is double push up bras. I also had those silicone stick on bras that I would wear, and I would look easily like a very full C/small D when I also added a few bras. Of course, the minute I had to wear a bikini top my boobs nearly disappeared into my chest, LOL! Some people I went to high school with started a rumor that I got implants becuase they would see pics of me in a bikini, and then ones of me with bras on and just assumed I got implants in between all of that
greengrin.gif

Becca - I shot for RIX Magazine for one year as a staff photog. I've been published in PAS and Nissan Sport, but it was just freelance car shoots/articles/crap.

And yeah, I'll agree about the other models being bitches. It's a lot of competition. I remember when I did a NOPI bikini contest... holy hell most of the NOPI Chics were downright RUDE!! There's some sweethearts, but they are outnumbered by the bitches. The guys usually don't see this, it comes out when there's other girls around. I would just kill them with kindness, it just confuses most of them.

MaskedBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn
smiles.gif

yea that is just disguisting. I hate people like that. ugh. Thank you for your encouragement.
yes.gif

Quote:
I am not sure about the out sourcing of models. I know they have a model search at HIN and the winner is announced at the last show. My friend traveled with them to all the shows The azht is in AZ. I am pretty positive there are some honda/import forums that are in your area.

Cool. thank you for all your info. With the model search at HIN to you HAVE to travel to all of the shows to do it or can you just do it at the shows in your state??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
^^^ Those guys piss me the f*ck off (regarding the guys with cameras). Not only are they just sick, they take away business from legitimate photographers who aren't out just to get laid. That's why I always avoided places like model mayhem or having a public myspace because I got sick of requests from freaks wanting shoots. It's also another reason why I really started photographing models in the scene, so many girls have come to me and said how nice it is to work with someone who they know aren't trying to get in their pants at the shoot. Those idiots are really destroying photography one by one... decreasing rates, etc.

I am a 34B as well... and yep, totally many ways to make them look bigger! The biggest trick in the book is double push up bras. I also had those silicone stick on bras that I would wear, and I would look easily like a very full C/small D when I also added a few bras. Of course, the minute I had to wear a bikini top my boobs nearly disappeared into my chest, LOL! Some people I went to high school with started a rumor that I got implants becuase they would see pics of me in a bikini, and then ones of me with bras on and just assumed I got implants in between all of that
greengrin.gif

LOL!!! I know exactly what you mean!!! i have the same problem! lol! Thank you for all of you help/info. And definately many thanks to your tips on how to make the boobs look bigger.
th_DANCE.gif
tong.gif

pumpkincat210

6 or7 years ago, they had good looking models. When I went back to the site literally years later, the standards had dropped dramatically. They have been sued multiple times as well. I would skip it, posing nude for the world to see is stupid because you may want to get a non-nude job but are turned down once those photos get out.

InspiredBlue

Like everyone else has said, there are just too many shady rumors about SC to even go near that stuff IMO. It's like Lime Crime makeup.
lol.gif

Seriously though, I get the whole being a strong woman in control of ones sexuality thing. But this is not it, this is just another example of girls being used and exploited for mens viewing pleasure. That has nothing to do with liberation or feminism.

miss_supra

Quote:
My husband owns a very well known Fortune 500 company in the import scene. Please visit AZHT.net. They have photoshoots with professional photographers with Subarus, Nissan, Acura, Audi and VW. I personally think that Import models make shit. There is a 'certain' look that they go for. Mostly latina or Asian. Not really blondes. They really dont get paid much. My man usually pays 100.00 for a day at HIN or SEMA events. HIN has been cancelled for the rest of the year due to the economy. Good luck

last year
HIN06.jpg

$100, not to sound rude but wow that is low. I worked at a Dunlop booth in 2007 and made a lot more.

The money isn't there in the import industry any longer, and there are a lot of girls that will model for free. I have a few girls friends that are into the import modeling scene and are rather upset they aren't getting work because they charge $$ and a lot of companies will just go with girls that do it for cheap or free. Which is one reason the quality of models have gone down.

Latest posts