Mac VS. Urban Decay

forevernars

I'm just wondering which of you prefer more? urban decay shadows and such or macs shadows and stuff? What are the differences? I know mac has a ton of colors and better range of items but I wanted to make a poll and hear your opinions on it?

(I made a poll wondering which prefered Nars or Urban Decay more and lots of people voted but never left comments as to why? so don't be shy speak your mind.)

thelimabean

I like Urban Decay, but some of their eye-shadows have such bad fall out (Midnight Cowboy, for example) I haven't used MAC that much, but UD has pretty good quality for the price, but only if you buy it in sets like the Book of Shadows I+II.

Nicala

I have a lot more UD e/s and products than MAC.. I like the few e/s that I do have from MAC though. Lately UD e/s have been creasing on me, even with primer lately. That hasn't with MAC yet. Makes me wonder :/

Babylard

urban decay hasant been readily available to canada until recently when the sephoras starting appearing everywhere, so i don't own any of their products besides the primer potion which i love! but i still love my mac no matter what =D

kyuubified

I like both. They both make wonderful products, but at the same time both have some products that I do npt really care for.

forevernars

Yeah, It's easier to say mac just because they have such a huge range of colors and products but urban decay has some awesome shadows too (one of my favs smog
heart.gif
) I know they have some with horrible fallout like Midnight Cowboy and Midnight Cowboy Rides Again but it isn't actual eyeshadow fallout it's just the sparkles which can be controlled in many ways. All in all they both are great brands.

jadedOll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
i don't own any of their products besides the primer potion which i love! but i still love my mac no matter what =D

SAME here.. MAC-aliciOus
winks.gif
~

MissAlphaKitty

Steering clear of Urban Decay's glitter eyeshadow formulation (comparable to MAC lustres),
I have found myself replacing my MAC eyeshadows (as I use them up)
with similar Urban Decay eyeshadows. (ie. MAC tempting -> UD Smog)

Overall, Urban Decay eyeshadows have a nicer texture are more pigmented

I will cherry pick & shop both lines for colours unique to each brand
MAC: Soba, Cork, Woodwinked etc...
Urban Decay: X, Half Baked, Midew etc...

BeautyPsycho

I love both. I own more MAC bc UD wasn't available until recently.

UD glitter liners are the best, I used them a lot lately and I adore them!
greengrin.gif

Mabelle

MAC for me.
I havent tried as much UD though. But MAC just has such a large collection to choose from. And it's readily available.

ShockProof

I really like both. I own more MAC e/s, but wear my UD ones more. Chopper is my absolute favorite, and I really love Mildew and Last Call as well.

purrtykitty

I love both. I love UD's Primer, Cream Shadows, and 24/7 liners. Their deluxe shadows are pretty nice, too. But MAC has such a great range of colors, and I love their pigments, glosses, and lipsticks. By far MAC makes up most of my collection, but I seek out other brands when I need to fill in a gap.

crashingg

mac
i honestly don't have much of either products, but i really hate all the glitter in ud :/ i just have their primer potion, really.

I have a huge love for UD, especially their shadows! MCRA, Last Call and Polyester Bride can get a bit on my nerves with the extra concise application technique required to control the glitter fall out! The shadows apply like silk, and I don't understand why someone wouldn't love the deluxe shadows! I love the pigmentation, the UDPP, their lipsticks, their 24/7 lip and eye liners and big fatty mascara.

However, I do love the range of colors that mac provides. MAC amplified creams and creamsheen lipsticks are among my favorites with the paint pots, pigments, lipglasses and the can not live without 217 brush, and wedge e/s. I also like the simplicity of the MAC palettes. I don't have a need to depot everything when I can just purchase the pro pan.

Between the both, I feel both lines lack a good foundation
girl_devil.gif
(no flames please, just an opinion).

th_dunno.gif
I will continue to use and love both products because I like both. I'm a makeup addict, what else can I say!
th_DANCE.gif
I can't imagine my life without both lines of product in my ready to conquer the world stash! So, let's just grab a lot of lipsticks and have fun!

Courtney <3

I love both. to be honest i think urban decay is more expensive than mac, but then again urban decay is what started my makeup addiction.

but all in all id have to go with mac.
but i love urban decay too
smiles.gif

bellaxo812

I love both UD and MAC and use them equally the same (depending on what mood I'm in lol), HOWEVER, like most things in this world, both brands have their positives and their negatives . Personally, every UD eyeshadow that I have used has been very pigmented, much more than MAC (IMO), but I strongly dislike all the glitter that some UD shadows have (ex. Oil Slick, Chopper). Even when you use makeup remover to try and clean all the glitter fallout before applying foundation, you still don't really get everything...it's GLITTER lol, and we all know how hard that is to remove. The only complaint that I would have with MAC eyeshadows is that some colors just seem to not really have any color payoff, but I know it all depends on the finish. I just really notice a difference when I go from using one of my UD pallettes solely for a period of time, and then switch to a MAC e/s that seems similar to a UD e/s and I find myself having to keep packing the color on to achieve the richer color I was looking for. But don't get me wrong, I LOVE MAC!! lol And I really do love their eyeshadows, but IMO, I do think their is a differece when it comes to pigmentation. You definitely would have to use a lighter hand with the UD eyeshadows if you dont want such a rich color, but I find the MAC e/s much easier to blend
greengrin.gif

I prefer Mac. Honestly, I live in Korea and here they charge $24 (or the aquivalent) per Mac shadow. The only things that I found cheaper than in the States are the quad pro palettes. I don't have enough to fill a 15 pro palette yet, go figure. I only discovered Mac this year. I have only really read positive reviews on Mac and some very nasty ones on UD. I have a MAU friend who swears by both and because I have never used UD myself, I can't with honesty say what I think of it. I can say this, I am a one brand kinda girl. Once I like a certain brand, I stick to it. All my gadgets are Apple and all my gym attire is Adidas. I just tend to be loyal to brands like that in general.

Naughtyp

I like both but I mainly go to UD for eyeshadows and eyeliners and mac. for blushes lipsticks and lipglosses. I also use Clinique for all my face makeup. those are my three go to brands. as far as mac eyeshadows I only like their permanent range the LE shadows usually suck lol and I don't like mineral eyeshadows

Latest posts