MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

kblkr4lf

Shontay - you were so right about Prim & Proper. I got to try it on @ Nordies and ended up pre-ordering it.

On my NC44/45 skin, it looked like my favorite Blushbaby, with just a little somethin' extra. Maybe it's the finish - can't really put my finger on it.

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Specktra peeps got talent!
lol.gif

I like Starflash and Veluxe Pearl shadows fairly equally. I respect y'alls opinion, though. It's all good.
winkiss.gif

yes.gif

*JJ*

is it weird that i'm excited for this collection even though i may not me getting anything from it? i'll take alook at english accents and frankly fresh lg but other than that i'm just excited for anything new, although the last LE was released only 2 weeks ago. i have ADD when it comes to make up
lol.gif

Mygreatlove

Quote:

Hi ladies! I've been lurking in here for awhile but thought I'd come out of hiding.
thmbup.gif
I ordered Prim & Proper and Shell Pearl and was planning on skipping the eyeshadows. But then I saw this swatch of Dame's Desire and was wondering how true to color it is there? That swatch makes it look like there's blue undertones which is gorgeous, but in most other swatches I've seen it doesn't seem like that. Maybe I'm putting too much hope in this one swatch. Lol. I don't think I'll be able to swatch it in person because the closest MAC is 150 miles away
cry.gif

DILLIGAF

Ok I've finalized my list
Sorta
Dame's Desire e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Dirty Plum blush
Blooming Lovely l/s
Ever Hip l/s

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygreatlove
Hi ladies! I've been lurking in here for awhile but thought I'd come out of hiding.
thmbup.gif
I ordered Prim & Proper and Shell Pearl and was planning on skipping the eyeshadows. But then I saw this swatch of Dame's Desire and was wondering how true to color it is there? That swatch makes it look like there's blue undertones which is gorgeous, but in most other swatches I've seen it doesn't seem like that. Maybe I'm putting too much hope in this one swatch. Lol. I don't think I'll be able to swatch it in person because the closest MAC is 150 miles away
cry.gif

I'm afraid I can't comment on Dame's Desire, but just wanted to say welcome out of lurkdom! Glad you are joining in the convo.
winkiss.gif

Pinky & Poodle

I'm a lot more excited about this collection than I thought I'd be
tong.gif

I only wish that I could buy it in the states, that way I could afford more of it
lol.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
thmbup.gif
cry.gif

There was a discussion about Dames Desire vs. Very Violet from SCF a few days ago, and those who have DD said it's more of a red purple while VV is more of a blue purple. So if you want a blue purple, maybe you should check out VV?

Pinky & Poodle

Quote:
thmbup.gif
cry.gif

In the swatch thread there's a comparison of DD and Satellite Dreams.
I think SD looks so much better
smiles.gif

Mygreatlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I'm afraid I can't comment on Dame's Desire, but just wanted to say welcome out of lurkdom! Glad you are joining in the convo.
winkiss.gif

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky & Poodle
I'm a lot more excited about this collection than I thought I'd be
tong.gif

I only wish that I could buy it in the states, that way I could afford more of it
lol.gif

I agree! I wasn't very excited but now seeing everything, my list keeps growing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
There was a discussion about Dames Desire vs. Very Violet from SCF a few days ago, and those who have DD said it's more of a red purple while VV is more of a blue purple. So if you want a blue purple, maybe you should check out VV?

Ooh ok Thanks! I'll have to go check swatches of VV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky & Poodle
In the swatch thread there's a comparison of DD and Satellite Dreams.
I think SD looks so much better
smiles.gif

I saw that too! I was debating which I liked more. Lol

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
In all honesty, I am glad B&B is similar to Strike a Pose. I love the color, and hate the starflash finish (*ducks to avoid being hit*
lol.gif
)

I thought I was the only one who hated it. I agree, I don't feel the formula is "sticky" enough if that makes sence. It's very "flimsy". lmao.

Dame's Desire swatched very pigmented and was quite pretty in person.

Mygreatlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I just got Satellite Dreams. It is soooo pretty!!

And welcome to the convo! I hope you post more!

Maybe I can talk myself out of Dame's Desire and just get Satellite Dreams in pan form. No worries about depotting and I still have the blushes with special packaging
yes.gif
And thanks!

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
Stars Makeup Haven - Professional Cosmetics and Much More! have them !

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Coastal Scents has empty pans too.
winkiss.gif

Thank you!!
sweet.png

Does anyone know who's better to order from? Also, I noticed th Stars Makeup site has 28 slot palettes! Anyone know if they're well made??

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
we haven't been told otherwise hun, so we're still accepting them at my counter. we've never been told no.

When I took all my depots to my counter for the Spring Colour Forecast collection, I got totally chastised!
rules.gif
She was like "NO MORE", but luckily accepted the 24 I had!

I'm definitely ordering the pans and trying the old eyeshadow speared in the pan thing. Sneaky sneaky!!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

lol.gif

After placing my 4th order, I think I am done!

Blue India n/p

Ever Hip l/s
Blooming Lovely l/s

English Accents l/g

&

Shell Pearl. <---- Never bought a beauty powder or a highlighter before but I keep hearing people say this one will be quick to sell out so I didn't want any regrets!

Yushimi

For those think about getting Vestral White, please don't. Lolz, it's one of the worse white nail polish out there.

So my list before product swatches were:
Everything but the scarf & Vestral White

After swatches:

Medium makeup bag
Blue India
Shell Pearl
Prim & Proper
Blooming Lovely

Wow, that's A LOT less than what I had before lolz! Yay, more $$$ for the beach collection
heart.gif

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbrittanyt
After placing my 4th order, I think I am done!

Blue India n/p

Ever Hip l/s
Blooming Lovely l/s

English Accents l/g

&

Shell Pearl. <---- Never bought a beauty powder or a highlighter before but I keep hearing people say this one will be quick to sell out so I didn't want any regrets!

i really loved the ones from barbie so shell pearl is a must for me! i dont think you will be disapointed
thmbup.gif
especially if msfs scare you.

DancingBrave

My nearest MAC is literally 7 minutes from my front door to counter. But I'd still rather look at swatches/commentary online. I'm so bizarre.

I can't decide what I want from this collection and I know I should just go look. . . Since we don't get the pro discount, I could actually just go buy it for once.

What a novel idea.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I just got Satellite Dreams. It is soooo pretty!!

And welcome to the convo! I hope you post more!

I love Satellite Dreams too. It's my most used purple... I have quite a bit of pan showing in mine
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

I can't believe I never got it before. I often fall into the trap of scrambling to get LE products and passing on the great perm ones. I need to get my hands on Parfait Amour along with a couple other perms. I'll probably B2M for those at the end of the month when I hit up the Dallas pro store.

Latest posts