MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Gonzajuju

Blooming lovely l/s kind of reminds me of a more opaque Bubblegum from the swatch erine put up. If so, it's so going on my list!

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Cripes, now I don't know what I want.

Thanks for the swatches Erine. I *heart* you.

I know right, I have no idea what to do, it all looks so beautiful!
drools.gif
Is it crazy for me to want Bough & Berries e/s when I haven't touched my Strike a Pose?

Well, here is my "dream" list from this collection:
-Blooming Lovely l/s
-Petals and Peacocks l/s
-Peachstock l/s (silly bc I sold my last one)
-l/g-- I have no idea, they all look amazing
-Bough & Berries e/s
-Bough Grey e/s
-Free to Be e/s
-both blushes!

I will definitely be narrowing it down, bc like most of you, I am spent from Spring Colour Forecast!

Edit: I forgot to add Blue India np! That is my very favorite thing! I am a sucker for mac np, both for the colors and the way they last! I don't use a base or top coat, and they seem to last so well.

Gonzajuju

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
I know right, I have no idea what to do, it all looks so beautiful!
drools.gif
Is it crazy for me to want Bough & Berries e/s when I haven't touched my Strike a Pose?

Well, here is my "dream" list from this collection:
-Blooming Lovely l/s
-Petals and Peacocks l/s
-Peachstock l/s (silly bc I sold my last one)
-l/g-- I have no idea, they all look amazing
-Bough & Berries e/s
-Bough Grey e/s
-Free to Be e/s
-both blushes!

I will definitely be narrowing it down, bc like most of you, I am spent from Spring Colour Forecast!

It's not crazy, I think it's completely logical! Lol I'm such an enabler.
mac_addict.gif

esme77

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
img07931.jpg

birds & berries vs grey range

bough grey vs image maker

img07971x.jpg

which is which?

birds & berries, strike a pose?
strike a pose, birds & berries?

its the first one-birds & berries, strike a pose

B&B has the teensiest, weensiest more green, where SAP is more blue. but can you really tell the difference?
ssad.gif

Thank you so much erine for these great swatches!
th_worship.gif

So Bough Grey yes, B&B no (have and love Strike a Pose, but won't use it up in the next 10 years).

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Okay now I have a few questions in mind:

Is Free To Be anything like Hot Hot Hot?

On me, FTB is more along the lines of Perky e/s, rather than Hot Hot Hot. I compared the two the other day at the counter, and FTB is brighter and matte, whereas Perky is a tad lighter and has some shimmer.

AudreyNicole

Abbyquack - I have only used Strike a Pose a handful of times since I got it, but will definately get Birds and Berries. I definately prefer VP finish over all others. Plus, it's teal. Pretty much an automatic purchase for me.
lol.gif

dxgirly

I think my list is:

Dame's Desire e/s
Birds & Berries e/s
Give Me Liberty Of London e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Free To Be e/s
English Accents l/g
A Different Groove l/g
Frankly Fresh l/g

I'm on the fence about the Summer Rose Beauty Powder, and I took off Petals & Peacocks and Blooming Lovely because as gorgeous as they are, I don't think I'll wear them

Princesa Livia

Thank u erine for the awesome swatches!

I have Love Lace eyeshadow, which I heard was similar to Strike a Pose. Is it worth still getting BnB?

Thanks!!
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Okay now I have a few questions in mind:

Is Dame's Desire the same coloring as Violet pigment?

Is Free To Be anything like Hot Hot Hot?

No and no!

Violet pigment is a lot richer in colour if that makes sense. Free To Be is lighter than Hot Hot Hot and matte.

I can swatch both comparisons on Monday.

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesa Livia

I have Love Lace eyeshadow, which I heard was similar to Strike a Pose. Is it worth still getting BnB?

Thanks!!
smiles.gif

I have Love lace and it looks completely different.

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44

Dirty Plum - Sheer Dark Plum (Pro) ---- Sheer? If it's sheer I definitely need it, if it's not I'm back to pondering on this one

Is this one the same blush from the the riveting collection? I noticed the descriptions are different. If it is, it's very pigmented, but I am not sure how a satin formula would wear.

Susanne

Yes, Strike A Pose and Love Lace are not similar at all.

Strike A Pose is more a darker teal, Love Lace a dark grey-blue.

Comparisons will come on Monday as well
winks.gif

Princesa Livia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Yes, Strike A Pose and Love Lace are not similar at all.

Strike A Pose is more a darker teal, Love Lace a dark grey-blue.

Comparisons will come on Monday as well
winks.gif

why are all the swatches waiting tip Monday?
greengrin.gif

Susanne

Quote:
why are all the swatches waiting tip Monday?
greengrin.gif

I will get Spring Colour Forecast with Hot Hot Hot finally on Monday
winks.gif

Face2Mac

I wonder if Gladiola runs more to the purple side and more cooler than P&P and if Hollywood Nights is too fuschia for P&P but if you mixed them together,
hmm.gif

I really need for these to be dupes so I can save money realistically but I really don't want them to be because I really want it.
drools.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Is this one the same blush from the the riveting collection? I noticed the descriptions are different. If it is, it's very pigmented, but I am not sure how a satin formula would wear.

Yes, they are the same blush. It is very pigmented, but it wears very well on me. I love it.
yes.gif

AudreyNicole

lol.gif
When a new collection is coming out, and I can't decide what I want, I show my DH the swatches, and he helps me narrow the list. It is usually very effective, and I can knock a few items off, and save some money. So today, I showed him Erine's swatches of this collection. He looked at me, and said "Honey, I like it all." Yeah, me too. No helps this time.
lol.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:

Thanks!!
smiles.gif

I was surprised how different they were when I put them side by side. SAP is looking almost green next to LL that looks almost purple next to SAP. Alone they of course are both blue.
smiles.gif

LMD84

just tried shes a star gloss over peachstock lippie... it looks quite nice! but am still searching for the perfect match for it!

dxgirly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
lol.gif
When a new collection is coming out, and I can't decide what I want, I show my DH the swatches, and he helps me narrow the list. It is usually very effective, and I can knock a few items off, and save some money. So today, I showed him Erine's swatches of this collection. He looked at me, and said "Honey, I like it all." Yeah, me too. No helps this time.
lol.gif

Haha I did this last night. This is how I knocked the l/s's off my list.
cutey.gif

Latest posts