Pigmentation of UD Shadows

SyLLyGrL

Is it just me or are the eyeshadows not pigmented enough? I'm new to this brand and mainly use bare escentuals and coastal scents. I feel like it's more pigmented than bare escentuals but a lot less than coastal scents. Am i doing something wrong?

Meisje

I have used a couple, swatched tonnes, and found them REALLY pigmented, and silky smooth as well.

Which shadows do you have?

LisaOrestea

I find them really hit or miss.

I have 'Peace' and it is the most gorgeous pigmented tealy blue I have ever used. But I also have 'Uzi' which is just horrible.

BEA2LS

sometimes they are hit or miss, i find most urban decay to be soo smooth and pigmented.

Nicala

I feel like the formula changed a bit. Before I wouldn't have problems with creasing both w/ and w/o a base and now they crease like crazy with a base! I don't know if thats just for me though. :/

SyLLyGrL

I have "random" which i found to be pretty pigmented and smooth. The ones i have a problem with are the shadows from Show Pony

kiss

Most that Ive tried are super pigmented and glide on like butter. Of course there are going to be shades in every brand that aren't perfect. I find the quality is alot better then lots of the mac eye-shadows.

Christina983

is it possible that they decrease the quality of the ones in the gift sets and the ones tha tyou buy single are 100% ?

evah2003

I think it really depends on the formula you´re choosing.
The Deluxe e/s are all VERY pigmented and very, very smooth..
I stay away from those that contain lots of glitter, since my eyes are rather sensitive to it and I also think that those e/s (Midnight Cowboy, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again) don´t offer much more than the glitter. A lot of them aren´t pigmented at all...

Regarding the quality of the e/s in the palettes: I own both the Deluxe Shadow box and both Books of Shadows and I don´t finde the palette e/s to be of less quality than the fullsized singles.

I also don´t have a problem with creasing if I don´t use a primer. The e/s are applying less vibrant w/o a primer, though.

Eva

Curly1908

I only use the Deluxe e/s formula, and they are FAR superior to MAC, MUFE, etc. eyeshadows. Better pigmentation on darker skin, better blending, etc. (If you don't have the palette with the deluxe e/s then you are MISSING OUT!!!)

Now as mentioned before, the glitter bombs such as Midnight Cowboy are disgusting.

ChloeCariad

I find some of the singles and older boxes are a little off. Like Uzi, Grifter, Goddess etc. I find the boxes now to be excellent The difference between the Flipside I had in the Sustainable box back when it came out and the BOS 2 is ridiculous. The BOS one is FAR more superior.

SyLLyGrL

it's been 8 months and i have completely fallen in love with UD.. i actually like how it's not as pigmented as coastal scents because i can just build on it and it looks smoother. i actually don't like coastal scents anymore because i find it harsh lookin. also i think the color looks different by the end of the day but i can be wrong lol

LMD84

I have yet to be dissapointed with pigmentation of urban decay shadows. some feel softer than others but all i have tried have great payoff. in todays specktra blog post i review one of the single shadows and it's so pretty and pigmented - It’s a Stray Dog! there is the link for those interested!

Duvessa

The only shadows I'm disappointed about with UD are the glittery ones and that's more due to the fallout than colour pay-off. I have only two individual ones (Cult and Perversion) and 3 palettes so I've been using them quite a lot :)

Eisleyan

Really, every eyeshadow (palettes included) I've tried from UD has been amazingly pigmented and buttery, with the exception of Goddess

EndingStart

I love Urban Decay, there are a couple shadows that I've tried that could have been better but mostly they impress me.

I find them really hit or miss.I have 'Peace' and it is the most gorgeous pigmented tealy blue I have ever used. But I also have 'Uzi' which is just horrible.

Ahh I got the deluxe shadow box recently and have been dying to use Peace, it's so pretty. Tomorrow for sure.

Latest posts