Pigmentation of UD Shadows

erin00312

only thing is i wouldn't get the glittery ones cause they tend to have a lot of fall out and not as pigmented

SamanthaDeMuro

I just discovered UD eyeshadows and eyeliners and LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I used to be a MAC and NARS only girl. But UD changed that. I will say that my UD Blackout Shadow does have a bit of fallout when applying whereas my MAC shadows never or rarely do.

Dominique33

The deluxe shadows are super pigmented in my experience.
Yes the Deluxe are just great ! I have Scratch and I really love it ! On the whole UD eyeshadows are very good, some are a bit chalky I am thinking of Chaos for example ( beautiful though ), but I love UD palettes, not disappointed at all I must say

SamanthaDeMuro

I just bought Urban Decay eye shadow in Secret Service and I am in love. The color was very pigmented and stayed strong all night. It looked great on its own but I added a darker brown along my lash line. I loved it so much I just bought several more colors online. I am just starting my UD collection. What an awesome product.

SamanthaDeMuro

I think I'm the only beauty junkie who doesn't own a Naked palette. Palettes aren't my thing, as proven by the Dior quint that lies untouched in my collection. BUT I love, am so in love with the UD singlets of eyeshadow. I have created a small collection in just a few weeks. As someone else said, they go on like butter and are so easy to blend. LOVE THEM.

SamanthaDeMuro

Okay. So this is my umpteenth post on the UD shadows. But I love them so much my collection has grown a lot since I last commented. I haven't touched my MAC shadows since discovering UD. I am in love. They blend well, are like butter and the color lasts all day. AMAZING PRODUCT!!!!

butterflyeyes

I also find them very pigmented and don't have any issues with them creasing on me...with or without a primer. I use their primer though...so if you are have trouble with creasing with a primer/base you might need to see if the culprit is the choice of primer. When I use MAC paint pots or paint as a base I tend to notice a difference in the wear of my UD shadows...nothing horrible but enough of a difference that I don't like it. I also have a healthy mix of UD singles (old and new formula) and palettes (old and new formula)...the quality is the same in the palettes as it is in the singles for me for the most part. The only ones I have trouble with are the micro-glitter shadows...and for the most part those still have great pigmentation....it's just that the glitter fallout can be horrid. But unlike a lot of the MAC palettes in the last few years I haven't noticed UD giving less quality in their palettes shadows than they do for those with a single shadow option of the same colors.

I started my love affair with UD with the original Naked palette. Before that I stayed away from the brand because most of their palettes had too many glitter shadows that turned me off. The Naked palette appealed to me because it had a mix...and even though it included some glitters it wasn't terrible and the versatility of the palette is great. You can create so many looks with just that one palette so it's great for traveling...and despite the colors being neutral the looks you can create are far from boring. I started buying singles when I joined their Pro Discount program because before then I found more value in buying their palettes with a less per-shadow cost than paying full price for a single lol. I am a huge fan of the Naked series of palettes (except for the new blush/highlighter one) but I also love The Vice palette (glad I picked up a back up now that you can't buy it anymore) and I absolutely love the new Theodora and Glinda palettes. I think my favorite UD shadow color is now a discontinued shade...Lounge. Luckily I purchased 2 of it when they were having the huge "Vintage" clearance. But I digress! I went waaaay of topic lol

sagehen

I also find them very pigmented and don't have any issues with them creasing on me...with or without a primer. I use their primer though...so if you are have trouble with creasing with a primer/base you might need to see if the culprit is the choice of primer. When I use MAC paint pots or paint as a base I tend to notice a difference in the wear of my UD shadows...nothing horrible but enough of a difference that I don't like it. I also have a healthy mix of UD singles (old and new formula) and palettes (old and new formula)...the quality is the same in the palettes as it is in the singles for me for the most part. The only ones I have trouble with are the micro-glitter shadows...and for the most part those still have great pigmentation....it's just that the glitter fallout can be horrid. But unlike a lot of the MAC palettes in the last few years I haven't noticed UD giving less quality in their palettes shadows than they do for those with a single shadow option of the same colors.

I started my love affair with UD with the original Naked palette. Before that I stayed away from the brand because most of their palettes had too many glitter shadows that turned me off. The Naked palette appealed to me because it had a mix...and even though it included some glitters it wasn't terrible and the versatility of the palette is great. You can create so many looks with just that one palette so it's great for traveling...and despite the colors being neutral the looks you can create are far from boring. I started buying singles when I joined their Pro Discount program because before then I found more value in buying their palettes with a less per-shadow cost than paying full price for a single lol. I am a huge fan of the Naked series of palettes (except for the new blush/highlighter one) but I also love The Vice palette (glad I picked up a back up now that you can't buy it anymore) and I absolutely love the new Theodora and Glinda palettes. I think my favorite UD shadow color is now a discontinued shade...Lounge. Luckily I purchased 2 of it when they were having the huge "Vintage" clearance. But I digress! I went waaaay of topic lol
OMG I didn't realize they were discountinuing Lounge! I am sad. I liked it so much better than MAC Club. I wish I had gotten a bu.

butterflyeyes

OMG I didn't realize they were discountinuing Lounge! I am sad. I liked it so much better than MAC Club. I wish I had gotten a bu.
Yes, they discontinued quite a few colors. If it weren't for the vintage sale I wouldn't have discovered Lounge...fell so in love with it that I went back and ordered a bu. At the time I wasn't sure if the colors were being discontinued or if they were just trying to get rid of stock in the old packaging...but then I saw the list of discontinued colors and the dupe list they had for some of the colors (some of their dupe selections were terrible since they didn't look anything like the colors they were telling you to dupe lol). Here is the dupe list that UD has on their website. You may have to click on the "Was your shade discontinued" option to show the list. http://www.urbandecay.com/on/demand...g-Start?cid=urban-decay-new-single-eyeshadows

butterflyeyes

I do not like the new formula.
I honestly don't notice a big difference between the new formula and the old one...especially across the same colors. But I guess it depends on how long you've been a UD fan....I don't know how the formula was prior to the original Naked palette (which isn't in the new 2012 formula) so I can only speak for what they call the vintage shadows and their formula versus the new formula. I love it either way...except for the glitter heavy shadows that have a lot of fallout.

SamanthaDeMuro

Well, I did the math and realized I could've saved a lot of dough if I'd just bought the Naked and Naked 2 palettes. But a palette I am definitely going to buy, despite not being much of a palette person, is the Lorac Pro Palette. I also just bought my first Stila palette, the In The Lights one. I love it. But UD is still my go to for e/s. I get so many compliments.

Latest posts