best concealer?

summerlove

Hello ladies, what brand concealer do you use? What type of coverage does your concealer provide? What brand have you tried & hated? I'm trying to decide on which one to purchase & I have no idea which to get. I mostly want it for highlighting. Any suggestions?

Skin*Deep

Dior skinflash would be a good one for that.
I use Chanel creamy concealer or my makeup forever concealer palette when i really want to cover something though.

Purple

I prefer MAC Studio Finish SPF35, it covers my blemishes very good
thmbup.gif

obscuria

Right now, I'm using Amazing Cosmetics concealer. I love it. I would say it's a medium to full coverage concealer and a little goes a long way. I've used a lot of other concealers that I don't like such as Smashbox's concealer and MAC studio scuplt concealer. I find the smashbox one doesn't cover well and the MAC one feels cakey.

MissAlphaKitty

I am NC35/37 in winter

I use MUFE Full cover concealer in #10. I use it pretty much everyday. I'm just at the end of the same tube I've used for the past year. A lil goes a long way.

I use MUFE HD concealer in #350 for under eye. The salmon colour cancels out the dark shadows. Not crazy about the thicker texture but that's just me.

shontay07108

I use MUFE HD concealer every single day. I wouldn't dare leave the house without it. It's creamy and smooth. It blends like a dream and it's an exact color match for me.

My least face concealer is hard to determine b/c I've only tested them as opposed to buying them. Clinique is pretty bad. They don't seem to match my complexion. It always gives a gray cast to my face. Bobbi Brown was bad also.

summerlove

thanks ladies. these are some great suggestions so at least now I have a starting point in my quest for the best concealer (for me). Thanks for your help.

moonlit

I love studio finish concealer by mac- its thick so I use it over my acne scars and then lose powder over it to set it to make it last longer.. hope this helps

Vixxan

I'm in the process of testing MUFE full coverage, MUFE camoflage, MAC studio sculpt, MAC studio fix, Illamasqua, Paula Dorf Victoria secret, and Amazing cosmetics concealers. So far Amazing cosmetics has out performed them all. The worst of the bunch MAC studio sculpt, MAC studio fix, and MUFE full coverage. They do cover blemishes and under eye circles but their staying power is only a few hours at most. Depending on the foundation I used with these some of them didn't even last an hour.

FierceMrsButler

I love to use on myseld MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW45... For concealing spots and under eye circle, use a red based one if you have dark or purple colored spots and use a yellow based one if you have red spots... just an FYI...

But I have found that MAC Select Moisturecover works well on white women because their skin is more dry and wrinkly...

kittykit

Benefits Erase Paste is the worst concealer I've ever tried. My everyday concealer for under eyes is Bobbi Brown in Warm Beige. and MAC Studio Sculpt concealer in NW25 for blemishes and acne scars.

I also like MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #8 in summer.

Miss Virtue

I'm using MUFE full cover concealer at the moment and really like it a lot.

I've used MAC select cover-up in the past but found this didn't give me the coverage I wanted or didn't last very long.

And I've also tried Bobbi Brown creamy concealer, out of the three this is my second favourite after MUFE.

HTH

fintia

I like the Amazing concealer from Amazing cosmetics.. the coverage is great as well as the consistency. It is a bit pricey though.

Ario2323

Since you are using it for mainly highlighting, I would use MAC's select cover up, its very light. If you need something heavier, I like studio sculpt with a slightly damp sponge. MUFE full cover would be really great as well, its a little heavier than select cover up.

she

mac studio finish. i don't use foundation so it has to work well and stay with me all day because i only cover it with MSFN powder and out the door i go. highly recommend, it even covered up my friends tattoos.

GoldenGirl

I LURVE the MUFE HD concealer. Works well, stays all day (I apply over moisturizer, then set with my MSF).

Latest posts