best concealer?

coco rain

I have tried almost every concealer possible. The one that I like the most and keep reusing has to be "Amazing Cosmetics".
cutey.gif
I am NC50/NC45 and I used the Golden Bronze. I love this stuff. is kind of expensive but a little goes a long way...

mac_addict.gif

sweetday

Hmm, hear great things about Amazing Cosmetics...thinking about trying them out.
My biggest issue with my face are my under eye circles. I have tried Benefit's Erase Paste...Eh. Also tried MAC Studio Finish in a NW shade (I'm NC40) and that works ok, I think I like it better then the Erase Paste. Also tried NARS, didnt care for it for my undereye circles. I've used yellow and orange correctors, but still cant find that HG concealer.

malvales

I use Laura Mercier Undercover Pot. The pot has 2 concealer for covering blemishes/spots and under eye. Both work very well for me! The one for spots is rather in the dry side but it does cover the flaws pretty good. The under eye concealer is creamy and easy to blend. In addition to that there is translucent loose powder for velvety finish!

shontay07108

For highlighting, I have to recommend Make Up For Ever's HD concealer. It melts into the skin and highlights while it conceals. It's like a second skin. I've tried many concealers like Bobbi Brown, Mac and Ysl for example, but none worked to my satisfaction. Granted, MUFE's Full Cover is my preferred concealer, but it doesn't highlight like the HD.

sheaspearl83

Iman has a Second to None concealer for $8.99, found at Target or Ulta. Sephora carries Stila which comes in a variety of shades but kind of expensive at $23.

gabi03

I like Bobbi Brown (golden with a peach corrector), once I got a MUA who was able to properly find my shade, it's been heaven for me. I did like MUFE HD (#355) but I found that it didn't have the staying power that I wanted. It lasted only about 3 hours before it was gone.

MizzMelroseMood

I wear Too Faced's herbal concealer in Hollywood Medium. It's a golden peachy shade. It covers redness/darkness perfectly! My skin ranges from medium to tan throughout the year and it always covers perfectly for me. Plus it has extra ingredients that help ur soothe ur undereyes and heal skin issues! I <3 it.

LittleMaryJane

I use Boi-ing by Benefit. However, after reading here I might try MUFE's HD concealer. The one and only problem I have with Boi-ing is that the shade selection is soooo limited. The light is definitely too light for me and the next step up is a littttle tiny bit too... Golden I guess for me but that's what I use anyway because it has great coverage and you don't need a lot.

Senoj

I use Mac's Studio Finish concealer. It covers EVERYTHING! It covers so well I can wear it alone w/o foundation. I also use the 10 concealer palettes that you can get from Ebay or Coastal Scents for about $15+ It has just as good coverage as the Mac concealer I use.

Soundclash

I love the MUFE hd concealer but I HATE the packaging. It feels great on my skin, looks natural, matches my dark skin amazingly but the packaging kills this product for me.

Its a twist up dial applicator with a silicone tip. I find that when I go to use the concealer the product that is left in the tip from the last application hardens slightly and gets lumpy. So when I go to twist it again the first few twist of products are wasted until fresh product from in the tube comes out.
This will always happen given the nature of the packaging, anyone have suggestions?

I think I'll return it, I just got it last week and love it for under eye usage but considering that it retails for 30+ dollars here in Canada it isn't worth it to me.

My favorite concealer to date is the MAC studio touch up stick in NW50. Sadly it was limited edition and my back up is down to the last nub. If you can get your hands on it, do it! Its a creamier version of Studio Finish and blends like a dream with full coverage. Its also darker than any other cocnealer in the MAC permanent line. When looking for a replacement I swatched the concealers in the permanent line with my touch up stick and even though the NW50s in the permanent line came close they weren't the same color which is an issue for me.

ShesAFoxyLady

I thought that those who are considering using Benefit's 'boi-ing' might be interested to read this. According to Benefits own advisor, Boi-ing contains ingredients that dry up spots and blemishes - not something I would be wanting to put on my eyes then!!

http://blog.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/...-put-but-by-the-end-of-day-its-all-gone-help/

I only found this because I've been round the shops looking at concealers today and I stopped by Benefit, where the MA recommended Erase Paste over 'Boi-ing' - I then googled it and found this.

afulton

I prefer MUFE and MAC; most hated Bobbi Brown--it very grayish under the eye.
I can agree about Bobbi Brown. She has a popular concealer but I hated the look. The MUA at the Bobbi Brown counter even picked out the corrector and concealer for my skintone. For some reason it looks muddy. I use MAC prolongwear concealer and like it. I have heard a lot about Eve Pearl's salmon concealer. When I'm done with my MAC bottle, I might give it a try.

shontay07108

Mufe HD is best for under the eye, for me and the Full Cover is best for tiny spots on the face. The HD concealer + YSL's Touche Eclat is perfection. I want so badly to have a Mac concealer, but my first experience I was given studio finish in NC50 and it's way to red. It puts emphasis on what I am trying to conceal. It's also dry. Too bad because it gives pretty good coverage. Maybe I'll try studio sculpt instead and perhaps a lighter shade. I'm a 173 in Mufe HD and #18 in Face and Body. Anyone know what Mac concealer shade I should try?

User38

this is so complex.. and I feel like a total concealer ho.. I have so many and love them so much.. lol.

I also have a number of them which I totally detest and paid dearly for.

Calling the MAdame in Charge..

sss215

I want so badly to have a Mac concealer, but my first experience I was given studio finish in NC50 and it's way to red. It puts emphasis on what I am trying to conceal. It's also dry. Too bad because it gives pretty good coverage. Maybe I'll try studio sculpt instead and perhaps a lighter shade. I'm a 173 in Mufe HD and #18 in Face and Body. Anyone know what Mac concealer shade I should try?

How about MAC ProLongwear Concealer in NC50? Outside of my favorite, MUFE full coverage concealer, that one was the best. To me, Studio Sculpt is going to pull red like the Studio Finish concealer. ProL concealer was the only MAC concealer that did not show up funny hours later.

I always wonder, why is it that MAC foundations and a few other brands run red or orange for darker skins. Who set the standard for this coloration, and why? Is it just because oranges and reds neutralize discolorations on dark skin? Personally, I found that to only be successful after an hour or so, and then my foundation used to look a mess. The last thing I wanted to do is look red or orange hours after I apply my foundation/concealer. I never want to put red into my skintone, and opt for yellow based colors. I know all about using NW shades ----to put warmth back into the skin, but I never found that look appealing on me.

Miss Redgal

ive tried every mac concearler and even a few smashbox concealers
my new looooooooooooove is mac's pro-long wear concealer
the pro long wear formula is a no-budge system!!
once its on its onnnnnnnnnn!
you cant beat that! no creasing because its liquid
in looooooove!!

SophiBella

I'm NC 50, can anyone provide me with what color I should choose in concealer (still a newbie with this product), please list the brand as well. I'd like to highlight and conceal dark under eye circles. Thanks in advance my fellow Makeup Goddesses...
anyone.gif

Latest posts