Plus sized clothing in US

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by chynegal
macys has some nice things but i find there plus sizes to be a little to grandma-ish.... i know baby phat has a plus line but to me they look cheesy

Amen!

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I've totally forgotten about Conway. When I was younger if we shopped there we would try to hide that bright pink bag. lol

giiiirrlll you already know!
I went to the one the 34th, I ran in and out so fast! LOL and I stuffed the bag in my pocketbook I was not playing LOL

My sister didn't even believe me when I told her I got that jacket from there..

When I was like 11 I did the duck n run with Pretty Girl too ( Those days are OVER
th_LMAO.gif
)

Boasorte

Quote:
macys has some nice things but i find there plus sizes to be a little to grandma-ish.... i know baby phat has a plus line but to me they look cheesy

Kimora and her designers are falling off.
TOo much of her line has logos all on it, looks too much like other"urban brands" And some are just ridiculous, like Kimora who is gonna wear that shit?
Her shoes are always on clearance in Burlington Coat Factory and Dr. Jays, they're just not practical
nonono.gif

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
TOo much of her line has logos all on it, looks too much like other"urban brands" And some are just ridiculous, like Kimora who is gonna wear that shit?
Her shoes are always on clearance in Burlington Coat Factory and Dr. Jays, they're just not practical
nonono.gif

I'm not a person to be wearing clothing splashed with logos. So that is my number one problem with brands like Baby Phat and Apple Bottoms. Secondly the material? WTF!!! Do these ppl know what cotton looks like?

chynegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
nonono.gif

the damn cat logo kills meeeeeeeeeeee that is why i would never buy any of her shoes. Like you said it is all over the place and it makes it look so tacky. I live in miami so it even harder to find cute plus size clothing here. I am so tired of wearing damn t-shirt and jeans.....

Kragey

I'm not plus-sized, but I was always jealous of the beautiful clothes in Torrid! Seriously, I love their clothes.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
I'm not plus-sized, but I was always jealous of the beautiful clothes in Torrid! Seriously, I love their clothes.

They do have nice stuff, but overpriced IMHO

yummy411

funny funny thread and i agree with what most people said. i'm plus with a large foot. what about stores for larger sizes US 10+? i love nine west but i can get tired of them too.

chynegal

i dont have trouble finding shoes its just some of the damn cute shoes out there aint gonna hold my damn flat ass feet lol

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
funny funny thread and i agree with what most people said. i'm plus with a large foot. what about stores for larger sizes US 10+? i love nine west but i can get tired of them too.

Off Boardway Shoes and get you self in good with a shoe salesman at a Nordstroms. He keeps me informed of sales and if he finds a shoe in my size that he thinks I will like he put them aside and lets me know to come in and take a look. I love my shoe guy at Nordstorms. The customer service is second to none.

I'm a combination of alot of common fashion issues all rolled up in one package. I'm tall, busty, plus sized and have large feet. That doesn't stop me from doing my best to look my best. I just have to do research sometimes before hitting the stores.

iaisha26

You have to shop around, some MACY's are better than others.

Quote:

baroquely

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411

I have large feet (11) and I'm all about Nordstrom Rack -- they have a "big size" shoe event a few times a year and buy shoes 10-13+ just for it and get a GREAT selection. I went there the other day and found like seven pairs I loved and had to whittle it down to three. If you have one nearby, get on their mailing list at a store and you'll get mail announcements.
greengrin.gif

Otherwise, the suggestion of Nordstrom is great, too! Sometimes they get pretty decent deals on the Clearance section online for shoes in sizes 10+.

Otherwise, online, zappos.com carries a lot of shoes 10+ and you can sort by size so you don't get all heartbroken when the hot heels you love only go up to a 7.5.
th_DANCE.gif

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by baroquely
I have large feet (11) and I'm all about Nordstrom Rack -- they have a "big size" shoe event a few times a year and buy shoes 10-13+ just for it and get a GREAT selection. I went there the other day and found like seven pairs I loved and had to whittle it down to three. If you have one nearby, get on their mailing list at a store and you'll get mail announcements.
greengrin.gif

Otherwise, the suggestion of Nordstrom is great, too! Sometimes they get pretty decent deals on the Clearance section online for shoes in sizes 10+.

Otherwise, online, zappos.com carries a lot of shoes 10+ and you can sort by size so you don't get all heartbroken when the hot heels you love only go up to a 7.5.
th_DANCE.gif

Also Endless.com they have a decent selection of size 11 shoes and they offer free shipping. Occationally it gets bumped up to free overnight shipping.

Junkie

Seriously....I'm in Canada and have always been so jealous of the US plus sized market...and so many people are complaining!

In Canada, we have Addition-Elle and Penningtons with the younger MXM Line (that Mia Tyler used to model for). We have Old Navy too, but its really touch and go for their plus sized items. The Gap carries a few larger sized jeans too. As far as I knew, Faith 21 wasn't offered here, though it might be now (from what I've heard from other bloggers).

Zellers carries jeans up to size 20ish (that are actually nice - but the material sucks - even the denim). Their regular plus sized items are gross. And don;t even get me started on Cotton Ginny Plus - my gramma wears that stuff.

We're lucky to have Voluptuous - it has maybe 4 locations within the Greater Toronto Area, but its mostly junior plus - even their 3X seems small, especially the tops - and my boobs aren't even big! I'm only a 38 B (if that) and a size 16/18. Sucks.

We have individual retailers too - usually a family run or friend/one woman run store that only has one location (and lucky to have a functioning website as well). And most of their prices are insane.

Is all my excitement for shopping in Georgia this summer totally in the toilet now?
ssad.gif
that would be really disappointing.

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
Off Boardway Shoes and get you self in good with a shoe salesman at a Nordstroms. He keeps me informed of sales and if he finds a shoe in my size that he thinks I will like he put them aside and lets me know to come in and take a look. I love my shoe guy at Nordstorms. The customer service is second to none.

I'm a combination of alot of common fashion issues all rolled up in one package. I'm tall, busty, plus sized and have large feet. That doesn't stop me from doing my best to look my best. I just have to do research sometimes before hitting the stores.

Tell me about it girl I'm a 22 with 44 D's and a size 10 in shoes get this when I first met my daughters dad almost 6 years ago I obviously had my size 10 shoes but was only a juniors 11 in jeans an a 36 B cup.

I like torrid but only buy when they are running their clearance sale. If anyone has a dots by them cheap and cute stuff can be found also I like Deb I'm 21 so I can get away with some of the younger looking clothes.

I bought a super cute lace overlay tube top from torrid for 14.99 clearance I love I haven't worn it cause one of my friends hurt my feelings over itshe's a 28 and shes like just because they make it in a bigger size doesnt mean you should wear it. I bought a black short sleeve cropped jacket to go over it and figured it would be ok for a night out but now its in my room still with the tags on destroying my confidence,

Tat2dbeauty07

another place I didnt see mentioned you can't shop their site but if you have a store by you Maurices a little pricey at times but I did get a cute white top that had a lace bodice I wore for mine and my daughters pictures it was 28.00 the same top later came to torrid for 38.00

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dbeauty07
I bought a super cute lace overlay tube top from torrid for 14.99 clearance I love I haven't worn it cause one of my friends hurt my feelings over itshe's a 28 and shes like just because they make it in a bigger size doesnt mean you should wear it. I bought a black short sleeve cropped jacket to go over it and figured it would be ok for a night out but now its in my room still with the tags on destroying my confidence

You go ahead and wear it! If you love it , it deserves to be worn! She (your friend) was probably just jealous anyways.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dbeauty07
I bought a super cute lace overlay tube top from torrid for 14.99 clearance I love I haven't worn it cause one of my friends hurt my feelings over itshe's a 28 and shes like just because they make it in a bigger size doesnt mean you should wear it. I bought a black short sleeve cropped jacket to go over it and figured it would be ok for a night out but now its in my room still with the tags on destroying my confidence,

no offence, but sod your friend! fair enough - some things that are made in bigger sizes really shouldn't be worn - pvc leggings for example - with my legs that would be a whole world of nasty! but a tube top? i have one of those from orrid - bright pink with butterflies on it - and it looks hot! i usually wear a little black shrug over it because i'm not a fan of the tops of my arms. but you should wear it and be happy!

Latest posts