Estee Lauder Warehouse Sale FAQ (NY & Canada)

iaisha26

I've received a ton of questions on the subject matter, I've listed some details about the Estee Lauder Warehouse sale. Please feel free to add addtional information.

1. Where are the sales?
-In North America the sales are in Markham for Canada & New York for the states. There have been warehouse sales in other countries, but they aren’t consistent.
2. Can just anyone got to these sales?
-No, sales for both Canada & US are closed to the general public; you need a ticket.
3. How do I get tickets?
-Canada
Tickets are given to Estee Lauder Employees, Mac Employees, Affiliated companies etc. You need to get ticket through these channels or know someone that gets tickets.
-New York
Tickets are given to Estee Lauder Employees, Affiliated companies, local businesses/schools/organizations etc. You need to get tickets through those channels or know someone that gets tickets.
***Be ware E-BAY Seller---you MUST show ID at the NY Sale; if your name is on their list, you will be turned away…I’ve seen it with my own eye!
4. How do you know when the sale is?
-Canada
The sales take place in the last month of each quarter – March, June, September, & December. The starts on Friday and go’s through Sunday.
**You hear of the exact sale dates about 2-4 weeks prior to the sale. You get your tickets about two weeks prior to the sale date.
-New York
The sale takes place every other Saturday. In December, they tend to add an extra Saturday(s); the additional sale doesn’t interrupt the sale schedule.
**The ticket receiving company is on a schedule that ranges between 8-12 weeks. You get your tickets about one or two months prior to the sale date.
5. How many tickets to do get?
-Canada
I believe you get two tickets for each day.
-New York
You get six tickets for the sale.
6. What type of products do they have at the sale?
The sale is filled with Estee Lauder brands…included, but not limited to-Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Clinique, Donna Karen, MAC, Origins, Tommy Hilfiger, and Sean John etc.
7. Which sale is better? Which sale do you recommend?
Both sales are GREAT in their own right. I can’t recommend one over the other, if you geographically blessed to be close enough to one of the sales; by all means…GO!
8. What are the sales like?
-Canada
Absolute madness (madness as compliment)! Anticipant very long lines, the sale starts at 9am, you should plan to arrive at least 1 to 1 ½ hours prior to the start times. The sale takes place in a 4 room warehouse; the first room is a standing room and the other three rooms contain products. 360 are let into the sale at a time, once people start to filter through the first room; the next 360 people are let in. As soon as you present our VALID ticket and clear check-in, you’re given a large clear bag to place your items in.
In each room, products are set on table around the perimeter of the room, with some smaller set-ups in the center of the room. You inform the employee at the table which product(s) you’d like. Some products such as eye shadows have a number assigned to them, so you’d write it down on the paper & pen supplied and present that to the employee at the table. In the past, once you left an area you weren’t allowed to re-enter the area (one-way shopping only). They haven’t been a stickler on this rule lately, but you never know when they’ll enforce the rule again—shop wisely!
The best day to attend is Friday, there are a lot of “buy-one, get-one” offers and every product that will be at the sale is at your disposal. Saturday is the next best day to go…the earlier the better. If you attend the sale early, you might miss some of the “buy-one, get-one”, but you’ll still have a pretty good selection to choose from.
The Canadian sale prices are comparable to CCO US sale prices. For example, CCO e/s are around $10; at the warehouse sale they’re only $9, MSF are $18 at the CCO, they’re $12 at the warehouse sale. In addition, there are some items at the warehouse sale that aren’t in CCO stores—holiday bags, mini Fix+, some long-gone LE or Discounted products.
-New York
The New York sale is nothing like the Canadian sale. You’ll only encounter lines in December…holiday shoppers. Unlike the Canadian sale, MAC isn’t the dominating brand at the sale. Lastly, there’s always a great selection. The best part of the sale, is simply asking them to put out more products. Yes, you heard me right! When the bin gets low, you ask “Can you please replenish this bin?”
This sale takes place in a section of their warehouse; it would be like one room of the Canadian sale. There are always two MAC sections at the sale, sometimes more; they’ll always have a MAC bin and MAC table.
MAC goodies at the sale—
Bin-The bin contains MAC eye shadows packs. The pack has three pre-selected MAC e/s for $10, that’s only $3.33 for a MAC e/s. These packs are pre-selected and can’t be changed. You’ll find true treasures at this sale---Bark (2002), Aria, Parrott etc. You’ll find tons of e/s that you’d never see in a CCO or find on Gone But Not Forgotten.
Table-The table contains brushes (past & present) and rare items that you wouldn’t find at the CCO. For example, you’ll find LE brushes such as Catherine Deneuve, Diana, & MAC’s Couture collection for really good prices and current brushes like 138 for $20 ($52 retail). Tons of other LE items for super cheap prices.

Given this information, you decide if it’s worth taking a flight or driving the distance if you aren't close to a sale.

If you go...Happy Shopping!!

Tat2dbeauty07

I live in Ohio and want to go to the New York one hoping to getting tickets and go on a road trip are these monthly or just in december?

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaisha26
-New York
The sale takes place every other Saturday. In December, they tend to add an extra Saturday(s); the additional sale doesn’t interrupt the sale schedule.

She said they are every other Saturday in New York.

Shadowy Lady

I live in Ontario and never been to one. Just haven't been able to get a ticket
ssad.gif

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I live in Ontario and never been to one. Just haven't been able to get a ticket
ssad.gif

Ugh! Same!

I really want to go to the one in 3 weeks too.

I'm really wanting some of the old pigments and hoping those will totally end up at the warehouse sale. And I wouldn't be surprised if we saw whatever is left of Style Black there too.

I think I might head to a MAC and hunt down a few of the MA's to ask if they've gotten any invites yet.

Does anyone know if the counters at The Bay or Sears get them (for Clinque, Estee Lauder, etc)?

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Does anyone know if the counters at The Bay or Sears get them (for Clinque, Estee Lauder, etc)?

I believe it is all MAC/Estee Lauder employess regardless of whether they work at a counter or freestanding store.

jmgjwd

I have been going to the LI one for years, every 3-4 months as my job gets the tickets...

For the past year or so, they have the MAC eyeshadow bins, but it is not always there and the selection doesn't change very often (they still had some of the same trio sets in there since Dec 08--I was one of the lucky ones to find PARROT!!!). Similarly, the amount of MAC they have varies (sometimes just a little, sometimes more, NEVER a tremendous amount) and again, they often have the same stuff there FOREVER (I know, this might be good for someone who only gets to go 1x...but since I can go more often, it's disappointing but better on the wallet)...I try to go NOT having my heart set on finding any one thing esp. the MAC stuff, which is really what I want...Years ago, they used to have 4 aisles, MAC grab bags (!!!) and there was ALWAYS a long line to get in......

The selection used to be better in the CCO next door but their amt of MAC has dwindled as well (many more items @ the outlet CCOs these days)..

Also note, that the warehouse prices are cheaper, so if you find an item in the warehouse (e.g., perfume, makeup bag), buy it there because it will be more expensive in the CCO next door

They always have a great amt of perfume sets, makeup bags/cases, GWPs, hair/shampoo products

And as iaisha26 posted, I also see that they now check your name/id as a possible ebay seller when you first enter....

I think I might be ready for the Canadian one..................

BandAid209

My husband is coming home from Afghanistan tomorrow and we will be visiting his family in Long Island from March 11-18. Does anyone know if there is a warehouse sale the weekend of the 13th and if there is how can I get tickets?

StarrySim

This is a great FAQ! I've been to the Toronto sale a few times, the info iaisha provided is very accurate and complete.

I would just add a few things regarding the Toronto sale:

- Tickets are only valid for ONE specific day, and only one person can enter with one ticket. Beware of fakes, buying from strangers is always a risk.

- In the last room, as soon as you pay and get past the cash registers, there is a Charity table. Charity bags cost $5 each, and you get 4-6 full size MAC items in each one. In the past they used to have 3 different bags available, but at the March sale this year it was only one at a time. They change them daily or even several times a day. There is a limit of 4 charity bags per person.

- There is always a parting gift at the door as you leave. The best gifts are Fridays and Saturdays (ie. MSF's, powders, mac lotions, etc) - on a Sunday once I got stuck with just some tiny blush brushes (the type that come with cheap blush compacts) and a few sponges.

Any other questions, feel free to PM me. I can provide info on typical prices for specific items, and items recently available. (***Please, no requests for tickets, I don't get tickets myself and will ignore any PM's with ticket requests)

Junkie

Great FAQ~

I may also add:

If you have never been to a MAC warehouse sale in Markham before, here are the directions for taking public transit:

-Jump on the subway and head along the Bloor/Danforth line eastbound all the way to Kennedy station.

-Hope on the LRT (top-most floor) at Kennedy station and head to the Scarborough Town Center (STC) stop.

-Upon arrival at STC, take the stairs down to the bus area and board the 129A McCowan North bus. You will need $3 as additional fare required for going north of Steeles. Take this bus all the way to Major Mackenzie. Make sure it goes all the way to Major Mack though - it'll say on the front of the bus. The other one only goes to Steeles and back.

-When in doubt, ask the driver to let you know when you reach Major Mackenzie. You will be let off on the northwest side of the intersection. You pay him the extra $3 when you get off the bus.

-Double back to the southeast part of the intersection. There is a Sunoco gas station here. Call a cab for the rest of the trip - its about $8-10. You CANNOT walk the rest of the way - its literally country road with no shoulder or sidewalk to walk on. Just a heads up - if you want to pull out cash for any of your purchases (charity bags are cash only) there is a CIBC ATM inside. There is also a bathroom here for a quick potty break (I heard the bathrooms at the sale are gross). There are also ATMs and a canteen section in the first room with tables - so you can chill afterwards and get a snack or drink.

The warehouses are towards the back - walk towards all the parking and you will see the lineup against the big yellow buildings. There are usually police officers standing around as well.

MACPixie

Is it all EL employees that get tickets? Or just TO area? I'm thinking I might hit up some employees to ask about tickets but I don't want to bother if Ottawa area employees don't get them...

hi there,
I live in the Middle East and am travelling to NY and Toronto in November/December this year. I would LOVE to get a ticket/pass to this event (complimentary or paid).
Would it be possible to get one please ? since it will be a once in a lifetime experience for me , lol !

Pls. contact me pronto, Would be really grateful. Thanks !

Scentuals

Thanks for the info. Now I just have to find a reputable seller for this upcoming March. If there is a NY warehouse sale that is...

Latest posts