Cheap hollywood-style mirror made with stuff from IKEA

GucciGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katjamo
Oh I am so sorry! I didn't se your post. I am glad it has worked out. Can't wait to see the pictures!!!
thmbup.gif

Ok....I had to tweak it a little bit because they didnt have the same size mirror that you had so I had to get the bigger one but here it is!!!! Thank you again for the great inspiration and all your help
smiles.gif

YouTube - My New Hollywood Style Vanity and Storage

sararose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGirl
Hey!! I went to Ikea yesterday and got all my things and its almost done. The only thing I have to do is get the wires and plug. I am soooo excited to see everything organized and completed. One more question about the wiring....Ok I got the lamps and in the back there are 3 wires total, 2 at the top and one at the bottom. When you say that you just connected a wire and a plug did you remove one of those wires? I am sorry if I am asking a stupid question but I seriously am lost
th_dunno.gif
. Any help further detail would be GREATLY appreciated
th_worship.gif

Thanks!!

Can you actually explain how you did this with the wires?! I just bought mine the other day, and the woman working in IKEA lighting department told me you could NOT apply a plug at all, that you'd have to drill through the wall and run it that way. I tried to explain I knew about two women who had done this setup (you and the OP) and she looked at me like I was crazy and told me there was no way. I bought them anyways! I trust you ladies more!
th_DANCE.gif

pinktraits

Quote:
Originally Posted by sararose
Can you actually explain how you did this with the wires?! I just bought mine the other day, and the woman working in IKEA lighting department told me you could NOT apply a plug at all, that you'd have to drill through the wall and run it that way. I tried to explain I knew about two women who had done this setup (you and the OP) and she looked at me like I was crazy and told me there was no way. I bought them anyways! I trust you ladies more!
th_DANCE.gif

I just happened to do this and was able to figure it out by reading some tutorials and using a lot of luck. If you'd like me to explain how I did it I'd be more than happy to PM you the details.

sararose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktraits
I just happened to do this and was able to figure it out by reading some tutorials and using a lot of luck. If you'd like me to explain how I did it I'd be more than happy to PM you the details.

Absolutely!!! I've been waiting for a response! The lights have been sitting outside the boxes forever now. I've googled it, but I don't think I'm googling the right terms because I can't find much on it. I'd love some details!

purple_pumpkin

Oh, I love your setup!!

I wanted something similar, but I want to have an extra lightning at the top, is it wort to buy 3 MUSIK lightnings or the 2 on the sides work just fine?

purple_pumpkin

Thanks! I couldn't tell from the pics, so I had to ask.
I'm going to order them, since in my country there isn't anything similar
nope.gif

christinakate

This is an amazing idea. Ill be on my way to ikea tomorrow haha.
If anyone knows the whole deal with the wiring, and wouldnt mind giving me a step by step, please pm me ! haha thanks !

shey2911

Hi, your work is fab! I'm impressed! I am going to get those stuff in Ikea this weekend. I'm just wondering if you could help me on how to do the wirings? Is it complicated? Can you pls pls pm me on how you di it? Thanks a lot! =)

ThePowderPuff

Hi, your work is fab! I'm impressed! I am going to get those stuff in Ikea this weekend. I'm just wondering if you could help me on how to do the wirings? Is it complicated? Can you pls pls pm me on how you di it? Thanks a lot! =)
Not at all complicated if you know how to attach a standard plug to a wire.

Look at page 1 in this thread where GucciGirl asked me a lot of questions about the same. You should be able to see it there. And let me know if you need any additional information :)

About attaching a plug to a wire there are probably some differences between Denmark and the US, so it's better to just go to a hardware store and get some help. They can explain it to you it's very easy.

But you baisically attach a wire to the lamp and a plug to wire in the other end. It's very straightforward if you know a little bit about electrical work or get a little help in advance. But the plugs in the states are different than here, so find a hardware store, I am sure they can help.

Isn't it called a hardware store? You know what I mean :) The kind of plae where you can buy a wire, a plug and a screw driwer.

ironlady

OMG YOU ARE SOOOO HELPFUL. I swear I was trying to find this kind of mirror for AGES and they're too expensive and reaally hard to find. I've made my own thanks to you! <3<3<3
can you tell me where did you buy the small table infront of the mirror? It's gorgeous. or if you find something likely tell me.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ThePowderPuff

OMG YOU ARE SOOOO HELPFUL. I swear I was trying to find this kind of mirror for AGES and they're too expensive and reaally hard to find. I've made my own thanks to you! <3<3<3
can you tell me where did you buy the small table infront of the mirror? It's gorgeous. or if you find something likely tell me.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The black table? That is a desk top from IKEA as well. The small stool is from Kartell.

Latest posts