Freelancing for MAC

kolas

Re: I got hired as a mac freelance artist :)

Congrats!!! I have my demo interview on Friday! Fingers crossed I can be a MAC girl too
smiles.gif

Boasorte

congrats!
I'm working as a nurse's aid but I still wanna freelance for Mac, I'm thinking of calling them back <3

BTW isn't it crazy how many MAC counters/stores there are in our state? ( assuming u live Downstate haha )

stronqerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
congrats!
I'm working as a nurse's aid but I still wanna freelance for Mac, I'm thinking of calling them back <3

BTW isn't it crazy how many MAC counters/stores there are in our state? ( assuming u live Downstate haha )

Yes, lol the mall I am going to work in has a mac counter and a mac store. Theres also two other mall within 20 mins that have another 2 counters. Let's not forget rooseveltfield mall, which has a mac store and 2 counters, lmao
th_LMAO.gif
. I can imagine the city has wayyy more. But this is good cause my manager told me I can go freelance at the other counters near me, and like I said they are all about 20 mins from me (some less).

Boasorte

I know ur sooooo lucky, I applied to the MAC in Staten Island, but since im in Westchester most of the time, I also applied to a couple of MACs there, Manhattan? Ha forget bout it theres a mac on every corner lol

beautymarkJennG

Re: How to start freelancing??

So after reading this entire thread, I am still not sure if anyone answered the question: To be a freelance makeup artist is a license required? How can I find out if it is required in my state? Would I look for Cosmetology? Esthetics? As a makeup artist, I would only be applying makeup.

Thanks

paparazziboy

is any one a freelance mac artist. if so what are the pro's and con's to being a freelance mac artist im trying to get my foot in the door. i was talking with one of the artists yesterday when i got my huge haul from mac and she gave me the app and said they were in dire need of freelance artist.

can someone please explain to me what exactly i would do.
if i get discounts of any kind or any of the gratus items that regular mac employee's get

or if im really even employed by mac

does this job pay at all

would this qualify me for a pro card

any into would be great

im new to this site so i hope that someone can help me

jakob

myheartistry

Re: freelance artist help

Jakob-
Maybe I can help. I've been both a permanent employee and freelance artist for MAC for 6 years. These are the things you can expect:
  • You will be on-call on a list of freelance artists in your area and will be called when they need you; i.e special events, launches, when someone calls out sick, or they just need more help, etc.
  • You will of course be doing makeup
    smiles.gif
    You will also be given a daily goal at the beginning of your shift, and it's nice for them to see that you do your best to achieve it. But you won't have the same responsibilities that full-time permanent employees do.
  • You do not get any discounts or gratis and this doesn't automatically qualify you for a Pro card. That you have to apply for through MACPro and there are other qualifications for it.
  • Of course it pays, and it pays well I might add
    smiles.gif
    MAC takes care of their employees! Yes, you are considered to be working for the company as they're the ones that pay you out.
  • Some of the pro's are that you will get to attend trainings for upcoming events that you may be working. It's always great to see the new product before it's on counter. And there you will be trained on technique, get to play with the new product, and learn from the best! Sometimes they give freebies at trainings.
Hope this answered your Q's!

.Myheartistry.

YSLGuy

Re: freelance artist help

Just to add another thing, if you freelance for MAC you can not work for any other cosmetic company (freelance or otherwise).

So you can't work at like Sephora, or Body Shop etc and the freelance for MAC in your spare time. It's a conflict of interest, and MAC wont call you for any hours.

I thought I heard that they were changing the discount for freelancers, so that you would get a discount, but Im not 100% sure about that.

DivineFacez

Hi all!!! I was wondering if you get hired as a mac freelance artist..do you get to go to basic training?....Just a question...would love if someone had the answer?
winks.gif

Boasorte

Re: Do MAC freelancers get the same treatment?

no u dont
but u can if u want to according to some threads on here
do a search, and u will find out many answers

charnels

questions for mac freelance artists

i know many of you on here are freelancers for mac so perhaps you could answer some of my questions (as i was just offered a freelance position).

1. do freelance artists receive the same discount as full-time mac employees?
2. are freelance artists entitled to pro benefits (master classes, pro products, etc.) or do i still need to renew my pro membership to receive those?
3. am i able to keep my position as a freelance artist if i move to another state?

sorry if these are already answered, i did a quick search but couldn't find what i was looking for. thanks in advance!

Kels823

Re: Got hired as a freelancer.. but so frustrated.

Just updating this thread..

I never ever heard back from anyone about being brought on as a freelance artist.
ssad.gif
I called everyone I could think of, emailed corporate (LOL), everything, but no one would/could help me. Finally I just gave up and decided to re-apply and start the process all over again.

So last nite I randomly walked into the MAC counter at my nearby Macy's and handed my application/resume to the manager. There weren't any customers at the counter, so she chatted me up for a bit, asked me a few questions about my resume/application/hours of availability. I decided to tell her about my little dilemma just casually, how I'd gotten hired but never heard back. Come to find out, she was actually involved in the group interview I did last year!!

She said, 'Hold on for a second, I'm going to make a phone call...' and walked away for about 15 minutes. While she was gone, I greeted customers and asked them if I could help them, LOL, like I worked there. I'm such a dork...

Anywho, so she came back over to me and said, "You walked into the right Macy's and talked to the right person. I just got confirmation that you were actually hired in. The manager that hired you had a medical emergency and the people she hired got lost in the shuffle, including you. So just come in Monday evening with your passport and we can fill out your paperwork; you don't have to reapply or interview again, you're already hired."

yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

I gave her a hug, LOL.

I'm so excited... I've been trying to work for MAC for soooooo long, years.
smiles.gif
Can't wait to get started!!

Latest posts