Freelancing for MAC

glittergoddess27

I am such a sad little MAC-aholic that at the Freestanding MAC store here in Indy and the Nordies counter all the employees know me by name now,.. well over the weekend, while signing up for the Nordies Event Beau, one of the salespeople who sees me all the time suggested that I do an "audition" or interview and sign up to do MAC freelance. Has anyone done this and what was it like?? And what do they expect. the suggestion kinda blew me away,.... I am not sure I am good enough?

FacesbyNiki

You will have a regular type interview but also you have to do a makeup demonstration. To show you know how to apply make up. Either recreate a look or take a day look to night.
smiles.gif

iviiink

don't let being nervous stop you, I'm sure everyone that works there now has felt that way
smiles.gif
Go for it and tell us how it turned out !

glittergoddess27

I would be "on-call" to help with events and such to do makeup demos. Aghhh,.. thanks for the advice about being nervous,.. I just feel like everyone else knows way more than me. LOL. Probably because I never thought that it would be a "marketable" skill.

mrskloo

Freelance makeup artist contract?

I'm just wondering how one is supposed to look like
smiles.gif
and if you have to be licensed to do this?

PnkCosmo

Re: Freelance makeup artist contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskloo
I'm just wondering how one is supposed to look like
smiles.gif
and if you have to be licensed to do this?

It depends on what state you live in. Here in Seattle, freelance MA and gals that work at cosmetic counters don't need to be licensed. I believe some states require an esthetics license.

As for what the contract looks like, that depends on what brand you're working for.

If you want more specific answers, it would be best to go to the counter of the brand you're interested in freelancing for, and ask them questions.

FacesbyNiki

Is she asking about a license or a contract? There is a difference. I don't have a license yet but I do require brides to sign a contract when doing weddings because I want my money even if they call off the wedding.
lol.gif

MrsWaves

It seems like she's asking about both.. like what does your contract look like?

I was wondering the same thing actually.. when I had my MU done by a "big" pro in the area, she didn't even draw up a contract, just put me in her book. . So I have nothing to compare it to..

Facesbyniki-would you mind showing us an example of a contract you use? Pretty please??
winks.gif

mrskloo

I was wondering how a contract looked like.
smiles.gif
And what some things, as a customer, should I really be aware of when hiring an MA for an event?

helloitsjeanna

freelance MA

hello all, with my big huge collection of makeup, I've decided I want to be a freelance MA but I have no idea where to start! any advice?

aeni

advertise. work with college students. be ready to work for little to no pay to build up a portfolio and resume.

Demosthenes

Be prepared to not make any money. LOL, I'm really feeling it right now. I'm actually thinking of working for a cosmetic line regularly, because now that prom season is over, I'm having a hard time getting appointments.

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassjaw326
there are always freelance jobs on craigslist.org

depends on your location.

jeanna

cooool, my name's jeanna too!! AND i'm also getting more active in pursuing my freelancing
smiles.gif

how do you pronounce your name? mine's JENNA. i was called GINA throughout all of highschool!

helloitsjeanna

OMG JEANNA! MY NAME IS PRONOUNCED JENNA TOO! I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IN HIGH SCHOOL.. LOL.. yeah but i'm kinda having trouble with appts. for freelancing.. kinda slow.. but i love doing makeup! [/quote]

Latest posts