Freelancing for MAC

StacieLaArtista

So i waited until i read this entire thread before i commented on anything. I recently landed a job as a freelance artist for MAC and i am sooo excited. I would love to hear more stories about how your first day went. I am so nervous!!
I just got hired as well on 10/05 did my paper work 10/07 and waiting for it to go threw so i can start. The manager told me i'll be getting hours during the season and it's up to me to do my very best so they can hire me permanently it can take a few months for that but they like to see you sell, sell, sell!. She also told me they like to see the freelancers clean the areas other mac artist used, sell, be outgoing with customers, know the new products that are out at the moment and just be you! and a big thing they like to see is when they call you to see if you can work take it!!! and if you can't make it call them back and let them know you can't take the shift their really big on that if not they will stop calling you.

Forgot to mention that the manager told me as well to go to your local counters and introduce yourself to them and let them know you're a freelancer and if they need any help that your free to take any shifts.

But i'm as well am super nervous!!

DanielleIman5

So I recently went to a Mac Job Fair I did a verbal interview and a makeup demo and was called back in 3 business days with great critique on Both portions of my interview, I was only told to use the mirror more to physically teach the client what to do and how to,ten I was told to come in for another interview. What will they ask,what do they want to see? How can I ace this? I'm dying for this job

Lucky for me i had a really laid back interview. I was asked questions about my sales experience, how I would handle working with an employee who was having a bad day, and to tell a bad experience I had dealing with a customer and how I resolved it. My advice, always be prepared. I knew why I wanted to work for MAC, the history including dates and names, and their different charities and programs. Good luck to you

Latti Mua

Hi! I just did a job fair interview with MAC yesterday and after the interview, they said they would call me. Is that common during job fairs? Because I've seen a lot of people say that they get called back for the makeup demo on the spot. Does this mean I didn't make it?

Msvondak

What city do you live in I'm in MPLS Mn and would love to have someone show me how to makeup myself or model for someone.

MsMakeup22

I am a freelancer and I wondered about transferring to another state/city/location. Does Mac accept transfers or do you have to startthe entire application process again? Thanks for any help. (Also, I know I could talk to my team about it but Im not 100% sure if the move will happen as soon as Im expecting it too so I don't want any red flags)

ariellejai

I have to set up my phone interview and I'm so nervous. I've been looking at all the Mac interview videos and threads I can. I asked some of the girls that work at the counters near me for advice. I've been studying my butt off, but I don't want to freeze up and seem like I don't know what I'm doing.

Latest posts