Moroccan Argan Oil

ruthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraid
Morcoccanoil (brand) is basically all silicone. You would be better off buying a cheaper silicone serum - I like Kenra Platinum Silkening Gloss (~$18 for 4 oz., it will last forever) - and then some pure argan oil to put on your hair a few minutes before the silicone. With Moroccanoil you're paying too much money for a silicone serum.

Now granted I haven't looked at the ingredients but the actual Moroccan brand "oil" feels much more like an actual oil then the other two brands that I own (which feel like silicone serums) is it really sillicone serum?

The body shop makes a body and hair oil , "Monoi miracle?" oil which smells FABULOUS and if you have dry ends or textured hair feels great. It may be too oily for those with fine hair.

Saraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless
Now granted I haven't looked at the ingredients but the actual Moroccan brand "oil" feels much more like an actual oil then the other two brands that I own (which feel like silicone serums) is it really sillicone serum?

The body shop makes a body and hair oil , "Monoi miracle?" oil which smells FABULOUS and if you have dry ends or textured hair feels great. It may be too oily for those with fine hair.

Here are the ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl, MethylPropional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

You're really better off buying pure argan oil and then a separate silicone serum. Cheaper and you can blend it yourself to your liking.

LMD84

i bought some of this oil last night so hopefully when it arrives i shall see a big difference in my hair. it's been getting so dry recently - although i am due for my highlights and cut this coming tuesday which will help that
smiles.gif

Kayteuk

I think I am going to buy some tomorrow after re dying my hair brown again...Its so dry from the Florida humidity...

Saraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless
Dang. Ok is straight Argan oil something I can get from a natural health store?

You can find some of it on Amazon, just make sure it says 100% or I'm sure you could ask your health store to order some in for you. There is also the Gleam oil from Killerstrands.com which is 25% argan and has other oils (no silicones) in it. I bought the 2 oz. bottle about 4 months ago and have not even used 1/5 of the bottle, so it lasts a long time.

Hope this helps!

elegant-one

I have been using the Josie maran argan oil for awhile now, & I love it! I was so afraid to use it on my skin, but my skin loves it. It makes your skin silky smooth, & even. I recently just tried rubbing it into my nails & cuticles, it make them smooth, shiny and very soft. I've even rubbed it onto a little dry unruly part of my hair & then it's soft and well behaved.

ruthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I have been using the Josie maran argan oil for awhile now, & I love it! I was so afraid to use it on my skin, but my skin loves it. It makes your skin silky smooth, & even. I recently just tried rubbing it into my nails & cuticles, it make them smooth, shiny and very soft. I've even rubbed it onto a little dry unruly part of my hair & then it's soft and well behaved.

I slather Ojon paste onto my hands and feet and hair
smiles.gif

ruthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraid
Here are the ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl, MethylPropional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

You're really better off buying pure argan oil and then a separate silicone serum. Cheaper and you can blend it yourself to your liking.

I am listening, I take it the dimethicone is the silicone? I will keep an eye out for future"oils"

Kayteuk

Decided to buy a bottle, this stuff is amazing, I had to use more than a drop on my dry hair but its super straight and shiny. Love it!

LMD84

i used my oil yesterday for the first time. my hair is alot softer but doesn't look any glossier. perhaps you see it shine more if it is straightened? because i'm just wearing my hair in it wavy / frizzy mess right now!
tong.gif
hee hee!

also i read somewhere that this stuff isn't good for if you use heat products on your hair - like curlers or ghd's - but surely that is rubbish or else nobody would use it?!

DarkGlamourXO

I tried a sample but didn't love it enough to buy a whole bottle. I didn't notice any extra shine and my hair kind of just felt the same. I don't really like the idea of rubbing oil in my hair, even though it dries well I feel like I'm going to get greasiness on my skin and cause breakouts or something lol. I'd rather just use deep conditioner in the shower.

Has anyone tried adding it to hair dye? How were ur results? I heard you can do that but I was afraid to.

tarnii

Okay I did finally get some of this stuff and it is good, I do use more than the bottle says as I have long thick thick thick hair but now that it is cooler over here in Aust I have started straightening my hair again and I put some in my hair before straightenning the other day and it was lovely smooth and glossy.

My question is - is this safe to do or am I just asking for fried hair??
th_dunno.gif

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGlamourXO
Has anyone tried adding it to hair dye? How were ur results? I heard you can do that but I was afraid to.

I added this to my dye once, and found that my colour turned out a bit deeper. I was dying my hair auburn at the time, and the colour was deeper and richer looking. I asked at a hair store, and the woman there said it was baiscally for anyone that had an itchy scalp when dying there hair and it would make no diffrence in the colour. I choose not to believe her cause she has a bitch face.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
I added this to my dye once, and found that my colour turned out a bit deeper. I was dying my hair auburn at the time, and the colour was deeper and richer looking. I asked at a hair store, and the woman there said it was baiscally for anyone that had an itchy scalp when dying there hair and it would make no diffrence in the colour. I choose not to believe her cause she has a bitch face.

th_LMAO.gif
lol! i do get what you mean though! my hubby says that i can have a bitch face sometimes!
tong.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
th_LMAO.gif
lol! i do get what you mean though! my hubby says that i can have a bitch face sometimes!
tong.gif

th_roll1.gif
that is so funny! Never heard it put quite like that. My laugh for the day.

I also use 100% pure cold press Flax oil on my salads. It's omega 3 & super good for your body, heart, makes the nails, skin, hair etc., very shiny, healthy & strong! I've been using it for quite awhile now, & I believe it makes a huge difference! You can find it at health food stores.

LMD84

here is a question - can you use the oil when your hair is dry?? i didn't want to try it this morning just in case it buggered my hair up and i wouldn't have had time to wash it out before work!

Mabelle

^ yes!!! i mostly use it when my hair is dry, as im way too lazy to blow dry it. In the morning, when its dried (i usually shower at night, and end up sleeping with somewhat damp hair) i sometimes straighten it, but i always use my moroccan oil. it calms the frizzies and the crunches and makes my hair feel so nice. i love this stuff.

this lady atthe hair store is stuck on bitchface. seriously, its like shes always got something rotten under her nose. and shes got this rude aggressive tone when she talks. yuck

Latest posts