Lancome Love

mkoparanova

It is so, so good! :cloud9: I haven't bought it (yet) because I have the original La Vie Est Belle but the Florale is definitely on my list.

Thank you! I actually bought it last week :D At first it reminds me of my favourite perfume from my early teen years - Escada Island kiss, then flowers for about 5 minutes and then it turns into the original.. I'm not very disappointed because I love it and the price was good, but I don't think it's different enough to need both.

Myth

Haven't bought Lancome in years but had to grab a travel size mascara even though it feels like I'm paying for a deluxe sample lol

Monsy

why pay for that? they offer that for free so often even without a purchase. ultas have them plenty both that and cils booster you can always ask for it

Monsy

Haven't bought Lancome in years but had to grab a travel size mascara even though it feels like I'm paying for a deluxe sample lol

nordies is currently offering among three samples hypnose drama, definicils and cils booster. so you can get all three. and you can buy for example 5$ loccitane almond soap

Rinstar

I also got the darkest of the three "liquid glow" whatever thingies and it's awful
it is completely clear when applied on the skin. and the darkest color is coppery red brown so it should show up on my ghostly white skin. nope, literally nothing when applied ??? I am sending it back.

Aw boo.

Monsy

ohhhh that color is gorgeus! and btw l'absolu line is one of the best lipstick lines out there on there in the beauty market. very creamy, moisturizing, great color range

fur4elise

"New Now Next!" An article in the May issue of Elle (US) reveals a big time game changer heading our way.

Lancome Teint Particulier Custom Made Makeup
- It is a 30" process that results in a truly custom fragrance-free foundation.
:yay:

:type: You get your face & neck scanned in several places and it taps into a computer with over 20,000 skin tones to create a "perfect"color match. A machine dispenses pigments and they are blended into the base you select. Total cost - $80.00. Your "ID" is saved for future refills and if you get a tan the shade can be adjusted.

Thinking back on how much money I have spent (wasted) trying to find that "holy grail" match, I am so game for a "one and done" approach to foundation!

Currently it is available at a couple select west coast Nordstrom's and should hit the east coast in June! I wonder how many other makeup brands will begin to offer this type of service/product?

What do y'all think?

Monsy

I think they started it a year ago at selected nordies. i wonder if matching is as shitty as that sephora thing

fur4elise

I think they started it a year ago at selected nordies. i wonder if matching is as shitty as that sephora thing

Currently at only 2 Nordies (started a couple months ago according to article) and is suppose to land east coast next month.

It has a similar wand as the Sephora ID and Estee Lauder system. What was of interest to me was the 20K skintones database. Then they actual dispense and mix the foundation for you on the spot. It would be my hope that if one is not happy with the result, it could be tweaked right then and there too.

Monsy

It can be great or a total miss if it's as bad as matching as sephora one. Ulta is testing the same thing at some stores (not color mixing but color matching with that little thingy that sephora has)

Winthrop44

ohhhh that color is gorgeus! and btw l'absolu line is one of the best lipstick lines out there on there in the beauty market. very creamy, moisturizing, great color range

Monsy did they change the scent on these at all? I unfortunately could never tolerate it but otherwise liked them. Also...do you know what shade I should try in their cushion foundation if I'm NC10-15 leaning more neutral than yellow?

Last edited:

Monsy

you can try either 110 or 140 i think
i can;t find shade for myself i am nc15-20 and very yellow and all of the lighter ones are too neutral/cool

i don't think they changed the scent on the lipsticks

Winthrop44

you can try either 110 or 140 i think
i can;t find shade for myself i am nc15-20 and very yellow and all of the lighter ones are too neutral/cool

i don't think they changed the scent on the lipsticks

Wow, you are quick! Thanks for your help.:flowers:

PrettyTwisted

I feel like the Rose scent on Hypnose Drama increased since I used to use it years ago, it's too overpowering now and irritates my eyes. I'll stick with the primer/cils booster though

Latest posts