Rubbing Alcohol = Perfect Clear skin?

GlamBrunette

I know this girl with perfect skin and she swears thats all she uses! She says ''don't use higher then 70% or it will burn ur face'' and all she does is clean her face with a cotton ball soaked in it. She seriously has beautiful skin and says shes been doing that since highschool. She smokes all the time , drinks, and tans too(shes 24). WTH? lol I can't see how that wouldn't dry the heck out of ur skin (along with her bad habits). All she has to wear for foundation is a lil of MAC's loose powder and it looks like shes airbrushed! lol

What do you think lol? Just good genes?

JaMi81

Please, what ever you do, DO NOT USE ALCOHOL ON YOUR SKIN!!!!
thmbdn.gif
Your friend my have perfect skin now, but when she gets older do you know what her skin is going to look like???? Trust me you do not want to use alcohol on your skin unless you have a cut and you are trying to clean it!!!

Nicala

Her skin might look good now, but in a few years all the years are going to pile up instantly. That's a terrible thing to do to your skin!

GlamBrunette

Ugh don't worry I'm not planning on trying it lol I already have real skincare products that I use and love. It's just crazy how nice this girl's skin is, she doesn't even have fine lines! So weird. lol

SuSana

A guy I went to high school with did that. He has the most beautiful skin I have ever seen on a guy but after a couple years his face started turning a yellowish color while his body was brown. Doesn't sound like something anyone would want!

LC

i guarantee, if she stopped using the alcohol, she'd STILL have perfect skin. if using alcohol gave flawless skin, skincare companies would have been out of business for decades now!

DownInAHole

And it wouldn't cost a little over a dollar at the Wal-mart, lol. This is terrible. The reason why she probably has great skin CURRENTLY is probably her skin type that she was genetically predisposed to. Sun damage does not start showing its affects until ten years after the exposure anyways. So, if she still continues to abuse her skin (sorry but all of those things, including alcohol is abuse), I guarantee you it will show one way or the other.

TheBigO

Absolutely not. Do NOT use rubbing alcohol to tone the skin. It upsets the PH- balance, forcing certain areas of your skin to create more oil to over-compensate or just dry skin until it's cracked and parched. An actually really good way to tone skin is with certain oils (depending on skin type)

vc1079

Ahhh ! my face just twitched a little bit after reading this thread!
That just seems crazy doing that ! Its like drying up a grape into a raisin through all that alcohol!
nope.gif

Nieriel

That can't be good in any way. I'm not an expert but alcohol can baaaadly dry out your skin and damage it that way on the long run.
I read that it is necessary to avoid alcohols such as ethyl alcohol, ethanol alcohol, and isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) if you want to avoid drying out your skin.
smiles.gif
So whenever I see these in the ingredient list of the product I stay away from it.

ashk36

Well, maybe this girl is just a bit ignorant about skin care. I mean if you don't know any better, you'd probably just assume, "Hey, look at all this dirt I just got off my face! This is WAY easier than having to wash it!"

She needs a Specktra interventionnnnn!!!!!

effboysinthebut

I agree with everyone else. No. Alcohol will dry your skin and the number one cause of wrinkles is the lack of proper hydration of your skin.

So at 24 she might look great for a smoker, tanner, alcohol toner. But when she gets older her skin is going to be gross.

loriblu

70% alcohol on your face- big NO!
nonono.gif
You are risking much more problems if you use this "cleansing method"

kittykit

I don't think alcohol will give you perfect skin. I'm trying to stay away from products (especially toner) that contain alcohol.

RedRibbon

Like someone said, her skin is probably good now because of her age and not because of using alcohol on it.

I can't think why anyone would think alcohol was a good thing to use on their skin unless her skin is super oily as I do have a friend who used to use a v strong toner on her skin to get rid of the grease..her skin is super dry now.

out2gtu

Whereas I appreciate the wealth of knowledge in this thread, I am a Guy, and have been using rubbing alcohol since I was 17. (I will be 40 in feb od 2014). Isopropyl alcohol is all I have ever used and my skin is great. I have never suffered from acne, nor have I ever had anything more then the occasional pimple. I will say that I do not use it every day, but I can comfortably say 3-4 times a week, sometimes twice a day in the summer. It may not be for everyone, I realize that, but to scare someone away from doing like that when some can do it and be just fine (again my skin is good after 23 years of usng alcohol) is not the best policy.

Thanks

Latest posts