Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WOC: what is your fav. contour product ?

I am nc40-42, and I am looking for a product to sharply define my cheekbones.
    My Blog and all my EOTD color stories can be found at:
    http://eyemakeuplooks.blogspot.com/

NC 40-42 South Asian skintone.

Sometimes Australia & the other times Singapore

Re: WOC: what is your fav. contour product ?

Hey hunn! I have quite a defined cheekbone naturally but I used to use Stilla duo in the colour 02 Marigold. It is a cream bronzer & highlighter but it has been discontinued! Someties beauty crunch has it!

Now i use Benefit's Hoola bronzer, i bought it from sephora in the set that they had just because i wanted high beam. I tried hoola for contouring & it's amazing too! I'm NC42-45 & you can def use it to contour. You do have to pack on abit more product though, because it's not super dark or anything! But i think since you are fairer then me, it should work fine!

Besides that i have never used any other contouring products! Do to a sephora counter & try it out!

HTH
    NC45|Dark brown hair|Brown eyes

Read me! - www.elizabeauty.com
    Tweet me! - @elizabeauty

Howdy!

I'm NC43. In the winter I use Stila Sun Bronzer in shade #2 (could go a shade up if you want more defined contouring) and last summer I used MAC Matte bronze, this summer I plan to do the same as well as use Benefit Hoola.

Out of all of these Hoola is probably the deepest but you might want to keep building it up if you want to sharply define.

On YT I've seen some makeup folks use a foundation stick (Mac makes one, Bobbi brown does too) in many shades darker than their skintone to contour. That seems to work really well to get a lot of definition.

Sometimes Australia & the other times Singapore

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jazmatazz
    Howdy!

On YT I've seen some makeup folks use a foundation stick (Mac makes one, Bobbi brown does too) in many shades darker than their skintone to contour. That seems to work really well to get a lot of definition.

yeahh i've seen that too but i feel it's abit too defined for a day to day look? hahas i don't know maybe i'ts just me.hehes
    NC45|Dark brown hair|Brown eyes

Read me! - www.elizabeauty.com
    Tweet me! - @elizabeauty

Emote or Harmony depending upon my change of color in the summer.
    Sephora Product Consultant

I'm in and around NC42 and I can use Emote.. but I really like using MSF's. In the winter I can use Medium Deep, and in the summer I can hop up to Dark.

Brown eye shadows also work nicely to contour.. I've got a few that I've stopped using, and will occasionally reach for.
    Let us be grateful to the mirror for revealing to us our appearance only.
    ~Samuel Butler, Erewhon

Beauty Blog: http://www.beautythesis.net
    Products for Sale: http://www.specktra.net/t/182991/cle...lt-flower-more

Blunt blush

facefront bronzer in Fully or Half Baked, hands down. nothing else works better for me.

I recently purchased Blunt blush by MAC as a contour powder and I love it. I'm C7 in Studiofix and it works for me. It'll definitely contour your cheeks.
    Proverbs 31:30 (NIV) - "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

i think dark brown matte shadows make excellent contour products. the foundation sticks are another great choice, i just find the e/s's offer greater control for me personally.
    "Life is much too serious to take seriously"
    -Nikki Giovanni

I don't know because I really don't contour because the color when I do contour never shows up and I don't know what NC or NW shade I am. But this is also a question what is the equilvilant (spelling?) To a Revlon shade of Caramel to a MAC foundation? Can some one Private Message me with the answer because I don't want to get this topic going off topic.
    paper-orchid.livejournal.com- My make-up and personal journal.simply-priceless.com for Ted DiBiase icon

I wonder if Mac's Raizin Blush would be a good contour colour. I've had it for quite some time and it's just sitting in my makeup case looking all dejected. lol

I feel like I should at least give it a try. Has anyone tried Raizin as a contour?
    .::NC43 - that's me::.http://www.myspace.com/the_ish_4eva^^Add Me^^

nc40! i like using msfs to contour actually...esp the mid shade on warm blend msf. otherwise i use sunbasque blush, or emote if i want something matte.
    NC40/brown hair/brown eyes

im nc 45-50 and i use mac sheer pressed powder in nw 50

u may like msf deep dark or sheer pressed powder nw45
    or blunt, raizin blush, but they tend to go a little reddish

try something matte hth
    MAC NC50
    MAC Artist
    MAC 109 & MSF Natural fanatic

I have a big ol' round face..I don't even know where to begin with contouring :-(

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nids
    Blunt blush

Agreed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by she
    i think dark brown matte shadows make excellent contour products. the foundation sticks are another great choice, i just find the e/s's offer greater control for me personally.

I agree.

If you are looking for an inexpensive option Milani has a blush/contour duo.

Quote Originally Posted by MissResha View Post
    facefront bronzer in Fully or Half Baked, hands down. nothing else works better for me.
    Where can I purchase these from?

As of right now, my go-tos are Stratus (HC) Blunt, Raizin and Deep Dark msfn. I LOVE stratus!

Quote Originally Posted by nids View Post
    Blunt blush
    Hear, hear!
    Summer: Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H 450 Suede (N), MSFN Dark, Studio Fix Powder NC45
    Winter: Studio Fix Powder C7 & NC45, Studio Fix Fluid NC45, Studio Stick NC45, MSFN Medium Deep
    Lancome Photogenic Lumessence Suede (0) N
    Revlon Colorstay Caramel

It's gorgeous, isn't it!

I like Blunt for contouring, too. I would have never thought to use Raizin. It seems a little too orange ...
    Summer: Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H 450 Suede (N), MSFN Dark, Studio Fix Powder NC45
    Winter: Studio Fix Powder C7 & NC45, Studio Fix Fluid NC45, Studio Stick NC45, MSFN Medium Deep
    Revlon Colorstay Caramel

Earlier I actually got a very good contour at NORDSTROMS using Blunt blush, Embark e/s and Raizin Blush... It was really soft looking when Raizin was added for warmth

For my nose, Blunt all the way. For my cheeks I like a more defined contour...so when I do it, either MAC Shadowy and Definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkcrush View Post
    Earlier I actually got a very good contour at NORDSTROMS using Blunt blush, Embark e/s and Raizin Blush... It was really soft looking when Raizin was added for warmth
    pinkcrush, Oh - that's interesting! What was the color placement?

Thx!
    Revlon Colorstay Caramel

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype83 View Post
    For my nose, Blunt all the way. For my cheeks I like a more defined contour...so when I do it, either MAC Shadowy and Definitive.
    Hmm - never heard of those shades. Are they PRO contours?
    Revlon Colorstay Caramel

Quote Originally Posted by Fiberluver View Post
    Hmm - never heard of those shades. Are they PRO contours?
    Those came out a few year ago. I'm not sure if they can still be found at PRO or not. Bone Beige and Sculpt are the only 2 on the regular MAC site right now.

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-cosmeti...product-photos

By looking at Temptalia's swatches, the shades Definitive and Warm Light almost remind me of my Sleek Contour Kit in Dark. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiberluver View Post
    pinkcrush, Oh - that's interesting! What was the color placement? Thx!
    My MAC girl used Blunt as contour base all the way to the hairline, she blended Embark over it for depth and to build a hollow, then Raizin was added as a soft warm veil... It was beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by pinkcrush View Post
    My MAC girl used Blunt as contour base all the way to the hairline, she blended Embark over it for depth and to build a hollow, then Raizin was added as a soft warm veil... It was beautiful
    Thanks Ladies!

The upcoming F & B collex by MAC has contour cream so I going to check those out.

I love using Blunt to contour though.

I also picked up Bronze Bronzing Powder to contour (and use as a bronzer) as well.
    Revlon Colorstay Caramel

Quote Originally Posted by she View Post
    I agree I use Embark. Perfect for contouring. blunt doesn't show up on me.
    Tried and True HG products: M.A.C Face and Body, MUFE Camo Cream #20, Ben Nye Banana Powder, MAC 208 brush, Wet and Wild Mega Eyes Cream Eyeliner, MAC 168 brush, MAC fix+, NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast