MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

User38

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
luminious, like smashbox's HALO?

After seeing the photos i cannot wait for more swatches.

no..a lot more luminous than Smashbox Halo
yes.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
The "Truth and Light" powder is quite light -- I did not see this photo, but maybe it was the "Cajun" powder which is the same forumation but for darker skins or those who want a bronzed look
smiles.gif
as it does come in two colors. I will post some pics of both next week from work
yes.gif

I looked at the Temptalia pics -- I think the lighting is off on the powders.. because they both look almost the same shade (if someone didn't goof it up) of "Cajun".

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Here is a screen shot

powder.jpg

It looks like an NC/NW25+ foundation. :l

yep.. I saw that -- the two powders are almost the same shade. The light one would be an NC15-20 max.. and the Cajun would be an NC35+/-
winks.gif

singer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
I am REALLY loving the Maleficent packaging...

I agree! Its def the best out of all of them. guess it helps shes a purple girl
smiles.gif

NotteRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
I looked at the Temptalia pics -- I think the lighting is off on the powders.. because they both look almost the same shade (if someone didn't goof it up) of "Cajun".

I've always found that the MAC Product pics that they release are next to nothing like the real deal. But that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
The mirror just looks like an afterthought.

Agreeed. It should have been Jafar.
angry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
I am REALLY loving the Maleficent packaging...

Me tooooo!! Her head isn't cut off on the eyeshadows! That's seriously creeping me out on the other eyeshadows.

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
they're on temptalia sweetheart
smiles.gif

Oops! Thank you, spunky!
heart.gif
Yes, I saw the pictures! I've been drooling over it.
cutey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
Thank you temptalia! I am so loving this collection more so then FF. Even though I'm not a big fan of the packaging. But to me the packaging is just a bonus. Its all about the colors
smiles.gif
I'm a sucker for purples!

My list (for now)...
My dark magic eyeshadow duo
She who dares eyeshadow duo
Push the edge piggy
De-vil e/s (looks gorgeous in the closeup pic)
Revenge is sweet l/g
All the evil queens shadows I'll need to see more pics of before I decide which ones

I'm iffy on the brash and bold piggy since I already have fuschia. but you cant have too many bright pinks/purples
smiles.gif

And the French quater greasepaint stick. I have the black with purple sparkle one and dont know quite how to use them
The nail polishes look gorgeous but polishes can be duped pretty well.....we'll see

iagree.gif
I wish we could buy this collection sooner.
Some products still give me a chuckle when I see them.
girlhaha.gif
The eyeshadows (Why the characters on the package are so small?), Dr. Facilier Lipgelee, the MIRROR, and so on. I say it's a fun collection.
greengrin.gif

Can I ask a silly question?
What's inside of the package far right? Is this mirror or Magically Cool Liquid Powder? TIA!
sneak_venomousvillains007.jpg

InspiredBlue

The one where he holds his hand up is the powder. The one with the open mouth is the mirror.

The shadow man part? Yeah, definitely something Disney pushed into the collection with force.

Teggy

What...the...fuck.
angry.gif

I thought the mirror was going to be the Wicked Queen. Hello?! "Mirror mirror on the wall..."? Anyone? Dammit! I haven't been thrilled by anything in this collection yet (I need swatches). Still I figured, "Well all else fails, I need a new compact anyway and the Wicked Queen on a compact is a cute concept."

But no!
th_stormy.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
am i the odd one out that prefers a lustre? i find cremesheens make my lips look dry
ssad.gif

i have to coat my lips in balm, leave it 10 mins or so, then put on lippie with my cremesheens, but with the lustres i'm good to go straight away

No, I like the Lustre formula the best cuz its buildable. But Cremesheen is a very close second. And CS is more pigmented.
th_dunno.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
The one where he holds his hand up is the powder. The one with the open mouth is the mirror.

The shadow man part? Yeah, definitely something Disney pushed into the collection with force.

It does feel forced doesn't it? It seems a bit poorly put together compared to the other sections. That lipgelee is completely out of its place and that mirror...let's just say I would never put that in my purse.

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue

Thank you! OK, so the mirror doesn't have the pictures on both sides.
lol.gif
I had to go back to Temptalia to see his open mouth image and laughed again! LOL Too funny!
girlhaha.gif
But he looks serious there, so I should not laugh?
girlhaha.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Thank you! OK, so the mirror doesn't have the pictures on both sides.
lol.gif
I had to go back to Temptalia to see his open mouth image and laughed again! LOL Too funny!
girlhaha.gif
But he looks serious there, so I should not laugh?
girlhaha.gif

th_LMAO.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
What...the...fuck.
angry.gif

I thought the mirror was going to be the Wicked Queen. Hello?! "Mirror mirror on the wall..."? Anyone? Dammit! I haven't been thrilled by anything in this collection yet (I need swatches). Still I figured, "Well all else fails, I need a new compact anyway and the Wicked Queen on a compact is a cute concept."

But no!
th_stormy.gif

th_roll1.gif
umm, yeah!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i'm actually not that impressed by the photos... more money for other things! still just getting 3 lipsticks, 3 eyeshadows and a blush
yes.gif

although seeing the photos has cheered me up - i'm just back from the doctors and i might have something wrong with my kidneys so the dr tried to take a blood sample and couldn't find any! so i've got a very sore arm and another round of needles and whatnot to look forward to
ssad.gif

Spunky, I wish you the best. You are in my thoughts!
th_hug.gif
th_kiss.gif
th_cheerup.gif
heart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
It does feel forced doesn't it? It seems a bit poorly put together compared to the other sections. That lipgelee is completely out of its place and that mirror...let's just say I would never put that in my purse.

I wouldn't even let it in the MAC bag w/ the rest of my purchases.
nope.gif

Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
What...the...fuck.
angry.gif

But no!
th_stormy.gif

I agree... this seriously seemed like a no-brainer.

liba

i DO remember reading some MAC promotional material connecting their desire to represent makeup for men (along with women) as the rationale behind having Dr. Facilier.

I still think Disney brought it to the table with them, though, and then they just built the man angle around it.

Although i will admit, MAC used a guy in Style Black greasepaint and n/p to promote that collection - it seems like they try to weave that in once or twice a year to keep expanding their customer base outwards. Also the Dr. Facilier colors and products would all be pretty cool on a guy. I'd have no problem with some pretty boy in the powder, a touch of that lip gelee and some greasepaint - even a 'lil strategically placed pigment!
graucho.gif

That mirror is still goofy as all hell, though!
team_no.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I have a question for Erin... Do you think Vainglorious e/s is anything close to Sketch? It sort of looks similar in your swatches
th_dunno.gif

no. sketch is definately more plummy purple, where vainglorious is more brown burgandy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
Sorry if this question has already be asked, but we already know the exact date for the launch?

september 30th for the US.

Latest posts