MAC - Venomous Villains Discussion

LMD84

Re: MAC - Venomous Villains discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I think I still haven't used my PTE...
nope.gif
I should though, I have been getting better using my pigments lately! And buying them!
tong.gif

i admit i have only worn mine about 10 or so times! mainly because i reach for grape the most. not sure why. perhaps it's because i like the name grape?!

queen_kitty

There's one thing I'm trying to figure out though, it seems to me that everything we've seen indicates that Dr. Facilier won't actually be on any of the products. That seems kind of like a waste of an interesting character.

SmileyfacedPen

You know, I was thinking about it, and I think this collection would have been perfect for Mattenes to make a comeback. By this time I should probably give up on them coming back. :p

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
^ Yes, it sounds interesting.
yes.gif

Does anyone think Bite of an Apple (soft coral pink) will be pinky coral as Instant Chic and Marine Life? I'm thinking if I should get a backup of Instant Chic or just wait for Bite of an Apple if it's somehow close to Instant Chic.
tong.gif

nope.gif
Nope.. at least the tester I have of Bite of an Apple is completely more corally/red than either Instant Chic or ML which are true coral /oranges
yes.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
nope.gif
Nope.. at least the tester I have of Bite of an Apple is completely more corally/red than either Instant Chic or ML which are true coral /oranges
yes.gif

it sounds like a really good colour to have though
yes.gif
i'll be picking one up for sure
smiles.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
I'm super intrigued by the magically cool powder!!
hmm.gif

The technology involved in making this powder is really interesting --- it looks like powder and yet on application feels wet until it dries to a lovely finish. I myself had a bit of a problem when I tested PX Liquid powder and the PX bronzing powder because I used the wrong brush (It splotched on).

If you get the hang of application, then these wet/dry powders are lovely -- if not you get a splotchy face
ssad.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
yes.gif
smiles.gif

yes.gif
yep.. to be sure, I have both IC and ML and I am really loving the Bite -- it has a bit more spunk to it and is more vibrant
winks.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_kitty
There's one thing I'm trying to figure out though, it seems to me that everything we've seen indicates that Dr. Facilier won't actually be on any of the products. That seems kind of like a waste of an interesting character.

i hope his face is on the cooling powders! i want something with him on because he's my fave!

peachsuns

Quote:
yes.gif
yep.. to be sure, I have both IC and ML and I am really loving the Bite -- it has a bit more spunk to it and is more vibrant
winks.gif

Thank you! I'm getting excited for this blush!
th_DANCE.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
yes.gif
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Thank you! I'm getting excited for this blush!
th_DANCE.gif

th_DANCE.gif
I'm excited about this, too, and I never wear red/coral blushes!!!

Quote:
The technology involved in making this powder is really interesting --- it looks like powder and yet on application feels wet until it dries to a lovely finish. I myself had a bit of a problem when I tested PX Liquid powder and the PX bronzing powder because I used the wrong brush (It splotched on).

If you get the hang of application, then these wet/dry powders are lovely -- if not you get a splotchy face
ssad.gif

Have you tried this MAC one? Is it a loose powder? TIA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i hope his face is on the cooling powders! i want something with him on because he's my fave!

I just watched Princess and the Frog the other day for the first time, and I have to say, I actually really liked his character. He was chilling and I enjoyed the movie much more than I thought I would. I am excited about his stuff, too. But, not as much as Maleficent's!
th_worship.gif

LMD84

princess and the frog is out on blu ray to buy today so i shall buy it when i get paid
smiles.gif
i freaking love it!
smiles.gif

shontay07108

Can you imagine a release party for this? I would want to go just to see people dressed up as each character, especially Maleficent. I'm really not into Disney the way I was when I was a kid and I had forgotten about Maleficent until this collection. I used to love her. I'm still meh on this collection but I'm hoping some swatches will help me out later on. On paper, it's still unfocused and lazy to me.

Teggy

*jumps on the underwhelmed bandwagon*

I'm not super thrilled by any of these...at least not yet. I need to see pictures. Some of the lipglasses/lipsticks interest me, but I'm meh on the blushes, pigments, and eyeshadows. Maybe I'll look at the mineral eye duos...maybe. And I could use a new compact....

As for the cooling powders, I feel obligated to warn anyone with sensitive skin to TEST the product on your forearm and give it a day before you purchase it. I bought one of those cooling foams from Bath & Body Works last summer, and although it felt nice, I broke out in a terrible rash the next day.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Can you imagine a release party for this? I would want to go just to see people dressed up as each character, especially Maleficent. I'm really not into Disney the way I was when I was a kid and I had forgotten about Maleficent until this collection. I used to love her. I'm still meh on this collection but I'm hoping some swatches will help me out later on. On paper, it's still unfocused and lazy to me.

MAC usually does release parties for the February, the August and the holiday collection as far as I know.

So Spring Colour Forecast, Fabulous Felines and A Tartan Tale this year.

spunky

Quote:
Except that PTE is eyesafe where Grape isn't. Entremauve is eyesafe too though for those that care about this!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
If PTE isn't eye safe what do you use it for?

PTE is eyesafe, grape isn't apparently.

you could mix it in with clear lipglass to make a gloss?

PinkBasset

^I don't know about PTE's lipsafety but Grape isn't recommended to be used on lips either.

LMD84

Quote:
^I don't know about PTE's lipsafety but Grape isn't recommended to be used on lips either.

which really makes you wonder where they think people will use grape! on the freaking cheeks?!

spunky

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
which really makes you wonder where they think people will use grape! on the freaking cheeks?!

haha so basically it's a bit of a duff pigment!

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
th_DANCE.gif
I'm excited about this, too, and I never wear red/coral blushes!!!

Have you tried this MAC one? Is it a loose powder? TIA!

I just watched Princess and the Frog the other day for the first time, and I have to say, I actually really liked his character. He was chilling and I enjoyed the movie much more than I thought I would. I am excited about his stuff, too. But, not as much as Maleficent's!
th_worship.gif

No, I tried the PX powders -- which were discontinued along with all of the PX line... but, I can't imagine that the new MAC magical powder could be all that much different. I don't know if the new MAC magical is pressed or loose. The PX were loose and I don't really know if they could make this type of powder pressed -- but if it's a pressed powder it must be indredible
shockt.gif

Latest posts