My fave NARS blushes

shellygrrl

Staff member
Someone's in love with Sex Appeal, I see! ;) I used to own Orgasm and am stupidly fair. Use a powder brush to apply it and you'll be fine. (Sex Appeal is on my to-buy list.)

rabideloise

I'm feeling a bit sick and lacking in sex appeal. Perhaps I could buy some?
It looks a bit strange though. Not like anything I own.

Also, what are the pale people's favorite blushes? Some of them can look a bit scary. I already have deep throat, torrid and sin.

Try Gaiety, Nars' newest one. It looks really scary in the pan but it goes on really, really nicely. I'm pretty pale and it gives me a nice flush without looking overdone. I have Taos too but that's definitely more of a summer shade for me. Check out Luster, too. I haven't had a chance to play with that one but it looks really pretty in person.

meleftie

Wow, not much action here lately. Just have to add that I FINALLY bought Deep Throat (I'm an NC42) and have worn it everyday for a week. Which is shocking since I never wear the same colors 2 days in a row.

Miss QQ

I have Deep Throat and Desire and I love them. I'm going to get Madly, Sex Appeal and maybe Gaiety later this year. Is Gaiety close to Desire so I don't need both?

Hello,

I am C1, Nc15-20 in mac foundation, Gobi in nars foundation and my favourire nars blush s Exhibit A.
I apply this blush with a 188 brush and I really love the result!

Dominique33

I love Douceur, Sex Appeal, Oasis, Super Orgasm, Angelika, Deep Throat ( this one not so much in fact but I use it anyway ), Amour, Gaiety. I don't use foundation, just the BB Cream from Clinique and blushes, many, many in fact ! NARS is great, colours are really subtle.

Shadowy Lady

Guys, what Nars blush do you think I should get next? I'm light medium, cool undertones (Nars Santa Fe, MAC NW25)....I haven't bought any Nars blushes in over a year!

These are the ones I have right now:

- Deep Throat
- Desire
- Gilda
- Madly
- Sin

Miss QQ

Anyone likes Oasis? What do you think of it?

Sadeeh - I want to pick up more Nars blushes too. I'm thinking of getting Sex Appeal, Gaiety, Madly and Gina/Gilda, but I'm leaning more on Gina at the moment. Maybe Oasis or Amour too. I love my Desire and Deep Throat.
love.gif

Shadowy Lady

Anyone likes Oasis? What do you think of it?

Sadeeh - I want to pick up more Nars blushes too. I'm thinking of getting Sex Appeal, Gaiety, Madly and Gina/Gilda, but I'm leaning more on Gina at the moment. Maybe Oasis or Amour too. I love my Desire and Deep Throat.
love.gif

I don't have Amour but i remember it being either close to Gilda or Gina on my cheeks. It may be different on you though coz u have warmer undertones. Between Gina and Gilda, I prefer Gilda coz it's more coral and I heart corals. Madly is awesome! It's universally flattering and goes with everything :)

I'm thinking of Sex Appeal for me too....need to see swatches of it on someone around my skintone

cutemiauw

I loove Gina, more than Gilda. Gina gives me a more natural glow, and I just can't go wrong with it. While Gilda needs more care in applying. Both are gorgeous tho.
I also have Taj Mahal. It's really gorgeous for summer when my skin is all tanned I don't wear so much eye makeup.

Seems like you all love Deep Throat... maybe I should get that on my next trip to France (Nars doesn't have a counter here in Germany... booo!)

Dominique33

Hi,

I love Oasis, it's a " champagne rosé " blush ( I am quoting the description from Nars ), I think it's quite true ! It's a pretty blush with a subtle finish. I have many blushes ( around 40 maybe ) and this one is nice. Of course if you prefer a matte finish, don't choose Oasis but otherwise yes it is a champagne rosé blush !

deidre

Douceur - An everyday blush that goes with everything that I don't have to think about.
Taj Mahl - Fave in the summer, but I feel like you need to have a pretty healthy tan to pull this off.
Gina - A very fresh peach on my NC35 skin.

My least favorite are the two "cult" faves: Orgasm and Deep Throat (they bought turn way too red on my cheeks).

Shadowy Lady

I've always wanted Taj Mahal and have been scared of it. I don't know if I can tan enough for it even in the summer. Need an orange blush that's less bold I'd say

Miss QQ

Thanks for your comments, ladies! I love how Nars blushes stay all day on me, while other brands' only last half a day.

cute - No Nars at my local Sephora too. No Nars in my country at all.
crybaby.gif
Maybe that is why I treasure all my Nars pieces. Do you have Espielge from Chanel? How does Gina compares to it?

Dominique33

Hi,

I dont' have Gina but I do have Espiègle. Here in France Chanel blushes are baked ones, I don't think it's the same, is it ? Espiègle is very soft, peach but really soft. I have 5 Chanel Joues Contrastes blushes, they are very pretty. Nars blushes are more intense in general ( not always ) but the finish is quite different for those are not baked at all. If you want a natural look I would recommand a Chanel blush. Natural and sophisticated too ! Nars is very good too, it is a question of " savoir faire " Chanel has its own rules, Nars too in a different way ( I love both ! ).
Hope you'll find the blush for you !

Latest posts