MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
I'm lost on this Starflash stuff.. What are some of the starflash shadows?

None of the eye shadows in this collection are starflash shadows. Hopefully we will see the starflash finish in another collection this year. I hope that answered your question.
smiles.gif

Camnagem

I think I'm in the minority here, but I actually love matte shadows! As with almost every other finish there are some colors that are a bigger pain than others, but for me...no big deal breaker. I'm excited to add some brights to my collection, it's pretty lacking in that department now.

I really can't wait to hear more about the new lipglass formula too. I'm really hoping they're on the opaque side and super glossy!

LMD84

starflash sahdows have one of the best textures imo. highlighy pigmented and very smoooth to apply and blend like a dream!

but that said i am very excited for this collection even though there are no starflash shadows because i love brights!

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I think I'm in the minority here, but I actually love matte shadows! As with almost every other finish there are some colors that are a bigger pain than others, but for me...no big deal breaker. I'm excited to add some brights to my collection, it's pretty lacking in that department now.

I really can't wait to hear more about the new lipglass formula too. I'm really hoping they're on the opaque side and super glossy!

I'm with you. I love Mattes. I love the look that it gives. I don't always need shimmer or glitter in my looks, especially since that's what I go for in my lip colors. I love Violet Trance and other Mac mattes and, as a whole, I have no problems with them.

bobbiedoll03

i am very excited about getting my hands on going bananas as well as a few more matte shadows...mac is lacking in that area so it is good to see some new colors.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I'm with you. I love Mattes. I love the look that it gives. I don't always need shimmer or glitter in my looks, especially since that's what I go for in my lip colors. I love Violet Trance and other Mac mattes and, as a whole, I have no problems with them.

oh yes.this shadow is lovely and is a good matte
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
do we have a european release date for this one yet?

August, I think. The exact date differs from country to country. In Sweden we get all of the months releases on the 15th for example.

LMD84

for the uk we are usually the first thurday of the month for release in stores and a day or two before hand on the website.
yes.gif

queen_kitty

I'm really looking forward to the mattes, I hope they apply well! I have some Aromaleigh mineral matte eyeshadows that are super bright and they are definitely some of my favorites! I think I'm definitely grabbing up Going Bananas and Lime as well as maybe one of the blues and purples. I'll see when swatches come
smiles.gif

murflegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i'm starting to come around to mattes, i used to hate them but i like having different textures in a look now
smiles.gif

Me too! I've just discovered mattes in the past few months and I am LOVING them.

January

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
iagree.gif

I don't mind mattes at all.

BTW, does anyone know the finish of Crazy Cool and Shock-a-holic? TIA!
winks.gif

I really really wanna know too... they are already my pre-favorites... just because they are purple
smiles.gif

*JJ*

i love mattes, i'm just not really a bright eyeshadow person. but i can hardly ever pass up a purple eyeshadow, so i might not skip this collection after all..

Latest posts