MAC - Dare To Wear Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i did want shock-o-holic but when inspecting my ourple collection i actually have some very similar colours - hence why sassy grass has taken it's place!
smiles.gif
you know i can't resist greens!
smiles.gif

I do know that- and you are turning me to the dark side, Lou! Whenever I see a new green now, I want it immediately, in addition to the purples. This is bad.
mac_addict.gif

InspiredBlue

This is coming out in only a few days but it seems like there isn't much interest/activity going on here. I guess the cats and the villains are taking all the attention.

Ange1

Hey can anyone with nw43 and up skin tone, post a EOTD or swatch of going bananas? I want it, but if it's anything like crest the wave from SW.....well, that one had absolutely no pigment on me, and also looked ashy. yuck. Thx for your help in advance!

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange1
Hey can anyone with nw43 and up skin tone, post a EOTD or swatch of going bananas? I want it, but if it's anything like crest the wave from SW.....well, that one had absolutely no pigment on me, and also looked ashy. yuck. Thx for your help in advance!

i'm no help on the swatch front [NW15!] but from what's been said already going bananas is wayyy more pigmented than crest the wave. i think it could be slightly warmer too.

check the swatch threads for Dare To Wear and C-Shock on here? there might be a NW43+ swatch there
smiles.gif

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
smiles.gif

Me neither. Sassy Grass is on my list even though to me it looks very very close to Kelly Green piggie.. But even a slight difference in greens is enough for me
winks.gif

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
This is coming out in only a few days but it seems like there isn't much interest/activity going on here. I guess the cats and the villains are taking all the attention.

That's fine with me because then I can ensure to get whats on my list for this collection
th_DANCE.gif
instead of missing out.

PinkBasset

Quote:
i did want shock-o-holic but when inspecting my ourple collection i actually have some very similar colours - hence why sassy grass has taken it's place!
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

What similar colours did you find?
smiles.gif

vlatte7

Hey ladies!! I got my going bananas in the mail today from Macys!!! Beautiful color!! I also got brash and bold l/g and ban this! I have not swatched anything yet, but these l/g make me want them ALL, even though I should be on a gloss-out!

LMD84

Quote:

nope i am excited for this collection! very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
Me neither. Sassy Grass is on my list even though to me it looks very very close to Kelly Green piggie.. But even a slight difference in greens is enough for me
winks.gif

yeah, i do love my greens and have an insane amount! i can't believe i was gonna skip this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
What similar colours did you find?
smiles.gif

well they are not exact matches but i have a boots no7 purple shadow which looks very similar, vibrant grape shadow and also a couple of loose powders from a couple of uk brands that look alike. and seeing as i don't wear purples as much these days i thought it'd be silly to get it.
smiles.gif

Shypo

I've decided this collection is a total skip for me......even the LE items. I decided against the glosses, as I likely would not wear them often, even though they are beautiful. And I can pretty well dupe the e/s colors.

Gives me more flexibility for FF and VV....

liba

The glosses are outrageous - Ban This!, Gimme That and 2 Bold & Brashes are coming home with me, maybe a So Bad.

Sassy Grass is gorgeous, but I'm probably going to skip all the shadows and just look forward to the brights in Wonder Woman and elsewhere next year.

Karen_B

Quote:

Oooh, do you know when it's coming to Sweden?

I agree that DTW has sort of taken the backseat to other collections - but every time I remember it, I get happy and curious!

laylalovesmac

How fast do you think the glosses will sell out? I couldn't make it to Dillard's last weekend, so I'm wondering if I should call and reserve. If I go first thing on Thursday, should I be nervous they've all been reserved???

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
I only want Ban This! because it seems similar to Boys Go Crazy and I love BGC.

I'm getting two of Ban This! for the same reason!
th_wink3.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
Oooh, do you know when it's coming to Sweden?

I agree that DTW has sort of taken the backseat to other collections - but every time I remember it, I get happy and curious!

The 8th - just like all the collections will from now on.
choochoo.gif
So it's only two weeks away!

Besides for Dtw we also get Digi Pops in August. I've also heard that the Pop Color expansion might arrive with Digi Pops.

Teggy

I was going to completely skip this collection until I stumbled across Zoffe's swatches. Now I want to at least try on Wind Me Up and Bold & Brash. I have yet to find my perfect red lipgloss...

GlamQueen21

^It seems it is similar to MUFE #92 in which I own and I'm thinking about crossing Shock-A-Holic e/s off of my list but I'll end up buying it anyway LOL

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Thank you so much for the link, Debbie! I love his reviews!
So, lipglass stains the lips. Is it good or bad? Hope it can be removed at the end of the day.
tong.gif
Has anyone had this problem?

The DtW lipglass? they did not stain my lips
th_confused_new.gif

Latest posts